Next Season

proudjag

Bit harsh to be talking about getting rid of mcguigan considering the limited game time he's had.

Totally agree with this post.The big man has hardly had a kick due to form or perseverance with Doolan and Craig .He`s on a 2 year deal so folk should get off his case and wait till he`s had a chance to show what he can bring to the team .
  • Like 1

Totally agree with this post.The big man has hardly had a kick due to form or perseverance with Doolan and Craig .He`s on a 2 year deal so folk should get off his case and wait till he`s had a chance to show what he can bring to the team .

We're a business, not a charity. If he hasn't done enough to earn a start or even sub appearances then I don't think we can hold onto him. It is harsh but it's the way it is. If we were in the first next year then I'd be more than happy for him to stay. Maybe a loan move where most of his wages are covered would be fine also.

We're a business, not a charity. If he hasn't done enough to earn a start or even sub appearances then I don't think we can hold onto him. It is harsh but it's the way it is. If we were in the first next year then I'd be more than happy for him to stay. Maybe a loan move where most of his wages are covered would be fine also.

Sorry to disappoint but after talking to a couple of guys in " the know " , they say Archie rates McGuigan and fully intends utilising him this season and next. Elliot is in same position seemingly with a new one year deal a possibility.

We had the chance of getting in Craig on loan, and he turned out to be an excellent piece of business. He and Doolan have been alternating in the squad, with no room for a third striker in our formation. Even Elliott has been coming on as a winger for the last stretch of some games, whereas he was signed as a striker. It's far from clear that we can attract any proven goal-scorers who can still produce the goods at SPL level, so whoever we take on it might be a disaster. I'd like to see McGuigan and Elliott both get starts before the end of the season. Then we might be in a better position to know what potential they might or might not have.

Edited by Jaggernaut

McGuigan deserves a chance, never let us down when he's played. Elliott I'm not sure on, if he's got a future here it'll be as a winger as he's just not a goalscorer & will waste chances as a striker. Don't think Elliott is especially skilful, something you might expect from a winger, but with his pace he'll beat most defenders in a kick it & chase style.

Haven't read all the posts so apologies if mentioned earlier. I don't think there's any of the squad that we need to discard. We'll require a larger squad in any case and if there's current regular starters not yet quite up to the SPL they'll drop to the bench. Nearly to a man the players we've got are super fit. Guys like Elliott & McGuigan have strength as well and there's no reason they can't play at least cameo roles up a division.

Still, we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves but should we go on and win the league there's two or three Morton players worth a punt. Morton are rumoured to be toying with the idea of part time football if they don't get promoted. Bachirou looks the part and Reid.has impressed me since his days at Q o S..

Haven't read all the posts so apologies if mentioned earlier. I don't think there's any of the squad that we need to discard. We'll require a larger squad in any case and if there's current regular starters not yet quite up to the SPL they'll drop to the bench. Nearly to a man the players we've got are super fit. Guys like Elliott & McGuigan have strength as well and there's no reason they can't play at least cameo roles up a division.

Still, we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves but should we go on and win the league there's two or three Morton players worth a punt. Morton are rumoured to be toying with the idea of part time football if they don't get promoted. Bachirou looks the part and Reid.has impressed me since his days at Q o S..

I like Bachirou as well, looks like a player.

After today I think Elliot has earned a new contract.

Beat me to it, also vital goal against Accies about a month ago.

Im far from convinced he will be our starting striker in SPL games even if Doolan left but definetly deserves a chance. As another poster mentioned maybe even more use as a winger than a striker Well done Christie :thumbsup2:

Sorry to disappoint but after talking to a couple of guys in " the know " , they say Archie rates McGuigan and fully intends utilising him this season and next. Elliot is in same position seemingly with a new one year deal a possibility.

This seasons nearly at an end though. McGuigan has still to prove he is a regular goalscorer in the first never mind the SPL. Would you really be happy if Doolan left to have McGuigan are main striker in the SPL? I would loan him out for a few months begining of next season to a team in the first and see what happens.

Elliot deserves a chance as in the limited time he has had he has shown he can make a difference when on as a sub.

What we really need is as many folk as possible to buy a season ticket even Nomads like myself, then Archie can have more options

I've decided that's what I'll be doing for next season.

What's a season ticket likely to cost in the SPL and do you get any choice as to what area your seat will be in?