Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

i've sort of, not got so much of an issue with that, they have a contract with Thistle that they need to pay. so will have looked at the pricing so that they can make money from the contract and pay the contract owed to thistle.

Plus, as i said, they are selling the strips £5 cheaper than Puma were.

but i think adding £1 onto a pair of socks for absolutely no reason what so ever, is taking the piss.

Thats for a 6-8yr old kid.

If you are an adult, it's £14.50 badgeless & sponsorless, then £25.50 more to have wee thistle badge & big sponsor logo on it.

Good point - I was quoting the minimum price and difference. £40 for a standard stock £14.50 strip is outrageous. It will only encourage local "entrepreneurs" to sell copies of the club badge outside the ground.

i've sort of, not got so much of an issue with that, they have a contract with Thistle that they need to pay. so will have looked at the pricing so that they can make money from the contract and pay the contract owed to thistle.

Plus, as i said, they are selling the strips £5 cheaper than Puma were.

but i think adding £1 onto a pair of socks for absolutely no reason what so ever, is taking the piss.

Sorry pt, but that is incorrect.

Using the waybackmachine, you can see that Greaves were selling the hooped front top, adult medium (as an example) for £40

Using same link, it appears the small sizes (i assume these were the kids sizes), were £30.

The joma tops are £40 for adults, and £35 for kids.

So in actual fact, joma/ttl are dearer than puma/greaves.

ETA: full kit (top, socks and shorts) for up to 42 months = £30

Edited by yoda-jag

Sorry pt, but that is incorrect.

Using the waybackmachine, you can see that Greaves were selling the hooped front top, adult medium (as an example) for £40

Using same link, it appears the small sizes (i assume these were the kids sizes), were £30.

The joma tops are £40 for adults, and £35 for kids.

So in actual fact, joma/ttl are dearer than puma/greaves.

ETA: full kit (top, socks and shorts) for up to 42 months = £30

What were last season's prices?

What were last season's prices?

kids tops (up to 30/32 were £30, 32/34 was £35, and all sizes above that (i.e. adults) were £40.

in other words, same price this season as last season for joma/puma ttl/greaves, with exception of kids which were £5 cheaper with greaves/puma than ttl/joma.

so, bemused by how you can claim (or have been led to believe) that joma/ttl are £5 cheaper than greaves/puma.

(and as yet, difference in quality is unknown between puma/joma, only once you, i and other thistle supporters get to see/wear them, can that debate begin).

eta: one missing word

Edited by yoda-jag

I was led to believe the tops were 45 last year.

Wouldn't have known myself as I never buy them full price.

Regardless of the fiver, the main point was regards to the contract.

Push comes to shove if folk don't like it or think its too expensive, they don't buy it

Edited by potty trained

So you want to give Joma £14.50 but nothing to Thistle?

I've given Thistle almost £300 for a season ticket LE ;)

So I guess you're not up for it :P

Not sure if I would get anything from the current Thistle/Joma range. I quite like the home top but I am unlikely to pay £40 for a top that will get worn half a dozen times, if it doesn't fall to bits before that.

A badge-less away top is much better as it can be worn in the pub pre and post match :D

The Joma stitching around on the red stripe. The strip has been pulled so tight for the stitching the red stripe is white. Anyone who has one may know what I mean.

It is a pity as it looks a lot better in the flesh.

Oh well. Maybe we'll get Umbro once more and enjoy proper quality and well designed shirts. Actually I've no idea how good Umbro are these days, but they made all our belters in the 70's!

I refuse to believe there isn't a company in Glasgow, or somewhere in Scotland at least, that could be employed to produce a locally designed and made strip. Sure, it might be more expensive, but if the fans were actually actively involved to produce a shirt everyone liked (apart from the minority kvetchers), and had a promise of being Scottish-made and quality (think of the good press!), we'd pay a bit more.

Better than 45 notes for what, sadly, seems to be poor quality goods.

I hate the fact that all football shirts must be at least £40. I notice a Manchester United shirt for next season is £55. I'll bet they get shirts of better quality though. It's simple price-fixing throughout the whole marketplace, and all companies are free to boost their profit margin as much as possible. Just looking at other fans' comments, we knew what to expect from Joma.