Scott Fox Signs On!

stuart_adam

The good news just keeps coming and coming. Foxy had a few critics on here but fact is that our worst period of the season came when he was out and Smith was in goals...hopefully not being too harsh on Smith but he aint no Foxy!!

Special chant for The Fox when he runs on tonight methinks!!

Edited by Lindau

The good news just keeps coming and coming. Foxy had a few critics on here but fact is that our worst period of the season came when he was out and Smith was in goals...hopefully not being too harsh on Smith but he aint no Foxy!!

Special chant for The Fox when he runs on tonight methinks!!

I think a good defence depends very much on confidence in the keeper. Even though Smith did an OK job I think the full confidence wasn't there as with Fox.

• Like 1

I've been critical of Fox in the past but he has proved his worth this month, particularly the game at Raith where he almost single-handedly won us a point. He was also probably our best player in the final and has been a big part of the best defence in the league. We seen how important he is to the team when that diddy Smith came in. We're going to need two good keepers for next season though so will be interesting to see who comes in to challenge.

Edited by Armand2

We seen how important he is to the team when that diddy Smith came in.

The man answered a call to help us in our time of need, I don't think we should really be calling him a diddy. Fox is superior though, obviously.

Delighted with this news. I'm a big, big Fox fan. Sometimes he doesn't get out to meet the ball as quickly or as often as I'd like, but he's still young, particularly for a goalkeeper, and he's a fantastic shot-stopper. It's good to have stability in goals for the coming years.

I hope they offer extended contracts to guys like Bannigan to tie them up. There are some players who it's obvious will go on to better things and a larger contract means more money for us in transfer fees.

Yeah totally agree, as well as the out of contract boys it would make sense to offer, if we could, two-year deals to Bannigan, Muirhead, Balatoni, Lawless and Sinclair definitely. Maybe Welsh too.

I understand the thought process behind picking up young, eager to impress players, with the understanding that they might not be around for too long. But we should look to extrapolate as much money as possible from that system too.

I was sure O'Donnell was tied up until the end of next season, hopefully just shoddy journalism from the DR.

I've said on another thread that i heard from a good source Forbes had been offered, or was about to be offered a new deal that he was really keen to sign. Doolan has been making all the right noises about staying so it really comes down to Paton and Erskine.

Hopefully we can win it tonight and allow Archie to offer Paton and Erskine the best possible deal we can, and guarantee them SPL football for a year at least.