Beattie, Paton And Erskine

javeajag

It's what I was saying in work - they've had a good season and now will have Scottish clubs come in for them. However, stay and have another successful season in the SPL with us and you'll have league 1/championship clubs come in for you. Then the sky's the limit and you don't stagnate on a 3 year contract with a team that's cutting back.

While I agree it would be far nicer to see both guys in the Championship it would have been a huge gamble to take, they could sign a new one year deal at Firhill (realistically we couldn't offer them anything longer on SPL wages) and get seriously injured next season or suffer a drop in form and be out the team (Paton especially given our other options in midfield). Signing these deals gives them a lot of security as well as a chance to earn one more good deal when they are 28/29, and the chance to compete at a higher level than we are really likely to be able to offer them. Not to mention they are joining a manager who knows their qualities and who they clearly have a strong affinity with.

We need to focus on establishing ourselves in the SPL as other clubs our size have done so we can be in a position to offer deals like this in the future. Good luck to the pair of them, although I'm now in the position of hoping they go on and do well and Jackie Mc fails miserably.

TIme to sack Archibald methinks. What sort of manager gives the captain's armband to a non trier?

Oh hing on a minute, who was it that was rested on Saturday but came on to the park when we were 0-1 down?

Stevie Lawless? I think his contribution on Saturday was overlooked somewhat and he was very unlucky to be out the team last night, would be disappointed if he wasn't back in on Saturday.

Bye Bye Paton and Erskine. Great to watch them this season, but they will soon be the enemy. I'd rather watch players who are more likely to be here next season, so don't especially want to see either of them feature in the remaining games.

That's how I feel.

There are boys in that squad with no deal for next season that will be bursting for game time to show why they should be offered one. Why should they be denied a place for someone that has decided they no longer want to be part of the team or squad.

• Like 1

Did Archie sign a PCA with them when he left Thistle?

Paton and Erskine have given 100% to Thistle. I am gutted to see Erskine go as he is the best player in the division and has single-handedly won us more than 1 game this season but I don't grudge him more money at at bigger club.

Although I would LOVE it if we finished above them next season.

• Like 1

Only thing that can make up for this disappointment is to get Harkins.

As for Paton would Scougal from Livingston gets rave reviews maybe even better than Bachirau. Dont know if Bobby Barr is still training with us

Bachirou still has a year left on his contract. Not sure what the going rate for one of the better First Division midfielders would be...

Why? It was our chairman that made it public.

A simple confirmatory statement was all that was needed. I understand that the picture was posted before our game started. If the players saw (or were aware of) it, the team's performance could have been affected. However, I am surprised that Beattie made it public in the pre-match interview.

A simple confirmatory statement was all that was needed. I understand that the picture was posted before our game started. If the players saw (or were aware of) it, the team's performance could have been affected. However, I am surprised that Beattie made it public in the pre-match interview.

The picture was posted at 9pm on their website.

Why? It was our chairman that made it public.

Did Erskine pop up to Tannadice between the chairman making it public and starting last night's game to have his picture taken? No. It was taken and released while both are still Partick Thistle players.

You regularly read about players signing PCA agreements, but this is the first time I've seen a photo of them actually putting pen to paper.

Poor form from United.

• Like 1

Did Erskine pop up to Tannadice between the chairman making it public and starting last night's game to have his picture taken? No. It was taken and released while both are still Partick Thistle players.

You regularly read about players signing PCA agreements, but this is the first time I've seen a photo of them actually putting pen to paper.

Poor form from United.

The photo was taken but not to be released until after we had wont he league. I think that's fair enough. Beattie made the mistake of saying it, but oh well. Players move on and we have to accept it.

Can't have any anger for Paton and Erskine when we're singing Archie and Shaggie's names each week.

The photo was taken but not to be released until after we had wont he league. I think that's fair enough. Beattie made the mistake of saying it, but oh well. Players move on and we have to accept it.

Can't have any anger for Paton and Erskine when we're singing Archie and Shaggie's names each week.

No anger from me. But no desire to see either of them play for Partick Thistle again.

• Like 3

It's a difficult situation for the players. They want to be loyal to their current club but their new employer will be pushing them to sign. In addition you have all the social media leaks and the stress on their part. Moving job is stressful in normal circumstances but when it's emotions like football then it's even worse. They go with my best wishes (but I hope they have a howler against us - I think the crowd can wind up Paton and he will snap and Erskine could be affected to - all in the best personal taste and mutual respect afterwards) and we move on. I think it has been handled as best as it could be. We have (almost) won the league. Rumours can be put to rest etc.

Wouldn't have an issue with either of them playing again this season.

Both have been great servants to the club and have stayed for the lengths of their contracts, it's not like they are contracted to us next season and are jumping ship early to united.

they have served their time and their time runs until the dumbarton game.

Both archie n shaggy left us for them on a pca iirc?

Dont think they were PCA's but them leaving was under vastly differing circumstances.

Our players left because they didn't want to work under Collins. Archie gave up cash to go there as he was getting a testimonial under the terms of the contract he was offered.

Gerry Britton said that he nearly left too as he didn't fancy working under Collins either.