Beattie, Paton And Erskine

javeajag

Basically called them scum and wished for injuries and or car accidents on them but not as bad as this

Thomas Gilhaney@ThomasGill198746m

@PaulPaton4 Spare us the x factor sob story hope you and your money grabbing daughter end up with **** all

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

what a fuknugget

(and yes, this is abuse towards a purported fellow Jags fan, but THOMAS GILHANEY is throughly deserving of it)

This is no fault of the 2 players, the gripe is with Jackie and DUFC the abuse for 2 guys trying to further themselves career wise is wrong

Errr, i was agreeing with you and making these points norge. Where have i slated either PP or CE? Not just today, but possibly ever?

Edited by yoda-jag

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

what a fuknugget

(and yes, this is abuse towards a purported fellow Jags fan, but THOMAS GILHANEY is throughly deserving of it)

Errr, i was agreeing with you and making these points norge. Where have i slated either PP or CE? Not just today, but possibly ever?

I was agreeing with you too and just reiterating my point :thumbsup2:

The stuff aimed at them from certain 'fans' is moronic.

I did notice looking at Paton's twitter feed that at the end of March he denied signing a PCA but Erskine has subsequently said the deals have been done for ages and the picture suggests they were secured together.

A case of a little white lie coming back to bite you on the arse due to social media.

I appreciate what these guys have done for the Jags, happy for them to play the last few games and wish them all the best for their future careers. Just sucks it had to be with that lot!

I was agreeing with you too and just reiterating my point :thumbsup2:

Ah, ok, still friends then :cheers:

Those smileys sum up perfectly my thoughts when I read some of the comments Norge is talking about. And as I say, totally astounded by who at least one of the people making some of these remarks is.

Name and shame?

• Members

That's not for me to do Yoda. I'm just glad someone is there taking a lot of the abuse down. I'd hate to think any players, current or former thought that sort of stuff was typical of all of us. I really hope they take into account it's a really small minority. It does us all no favours.

Don't think either should play again this year, not outta spite for anything just think it would better if we played guys that will probably be about next year.

All the best to them, hope it goes well for them personally meanwhile I would be happy to see Dundee utd coming 12th next year !!

Both players have been excellent for us. I thought that Paton looked the part shortly after he'd arrived and was looking to find his feet at right back. Erskine has at times had me thinking of Denis McQuade and asking how can somebody be so bad and so good at the same time. Thanks to both of them. But who knows when they signed these deals. I don't believe that anybody can give 100% for a team/company when they know they are just playing out time. Sure, they might want to do well, but the heart definitely isn't in it to the same extent.

So, I'd rather see guys who are playing for a contract at Firhill between now and the end of the season. Paton and Erskine have nice big grins in the manager's office at Tannadice, so let them go and sit out the remaining matches there where they can get to know their new colleagues.

• Like 1

Both players have been excellent for us. I thought that Paton looked the part shortly after he'd arrived and was looking to find his feet at right back. Erskine has at times had me thinking of Denis McQuade and asking how can somebody be so bad and so good at the same time. Thanks to both of them. But who knows when they signed these deals. I don't believe that anybody can give 100% for a team/company when they know they are just playing out time. Sure, they might want to do well, but the heart definitely isn't in it to the same extent.

So, I'd rather see guys who are playing for a contract at Firhill between now and the end of the season. Paton and Erskine have nice big grins in the manager's office at Tannadice, so let them go and sit out the remaining matches there where they can get to know their new colleagues.

Nothing but good memories of these two but I have to agree. Just what possessed them to have that picture taken before the end of the season is beyond me...no matter whether they were promised it would not appear until after the season end. I wont mind them going up to get their medals and they will get as big a cheer from me as anyone else will, but give their places to guys that are going to be fighting for us next season. I had plenty of respect for what McNamara did for our club in a short period but the current shenanigans where he just seems to be taking the micky out of the club, is leaving a very sour taste!!

Basically called them scum and wished for injuries and or car accidents on them but not as bad as this

Thomas Gilhaney@ThomasGill198746m

@PaulPaton4 Spare us the x factor sob story hope you and your money grabbing daughter end up with **** all

Just saw that particular gem on twitter as someone retweeted it. Shameful. Does the guy realise that Paton's wee girl is about 4?

If people want someone to abuse I suggest the following:

Mr J. McNamara

Tannadice Stadium

Tannadice Street

Dundee

Enclose a stamped addressed envelope so he can post a cheque for £80,000 made out to Partick Thistle Football Club Ltd

Somebody at United has a lot to answer for publishing that photo last night regardless of whether Beattie announced it or not. The two guys have had a lot of unnecessary stick over it. I wonder what they've let themselves in for up there?

That's a very good question.

From what I've heard from a Dundee United mate up in Broughty Ferry, I think Paton & Erskine need to hit the ground running.

They know Russell, Daly & Mackay-Steven are gone but the natives aren't impressed that McNamara buying unproven 1st Div players to replace them!!

A lot comparing this to McCall's "vision" for them during his tenure up there buying 1st division players & guys like Chiarini & Paterson which soured quickly after an ok start.

Paton & Erskine will get their money & security which they deserve. Now all we need is what we are owed from McNamara & we can all move on.

Edited by Trotter

Somebody at United has a lot to answer for publishing that photo last night regardless of whether Beattie announced it or not. The two guys have had a lot of unnecessary stick over it. I wonder what they've let themselves in for up there?

I wish them both well. They have been great for our club. I really think that Erskine in particular has a bright future.

BUT,

They are both aware that Scumbag owes the club that is currently paying their wages £80,000.

In my opinion it was a bad error of judgement on their part to allow a photo to be taken effectively sticking their fingers up to their employer. They ought to have said no, it's only a pre-contract ffs. Disrespectful to the club and, of course, to us.

I would drop them for the rest of their contract. I admit that if we weren't standing on the winning line and about to fall over it I might have a different opinion but we are so f**k them.

• Like 1

I wish them both well. They have been great for our club. I really think that Erskine in particular has a bright future.

BUT,

They are both aware that Scumbag owes the club that is currently paying their wages £80,000.

In my opinion it was a bad error of judgement on their part to allow a photo to be taken effectively sticking their fingers up to their employer. They ought to have said no, it's only a pre-contract ffs. Disrespectful to the club and, of course, to us.

I would drop them for the rest of their contract. I admit that if we weren't standing on the winning line and about to fall over it I might have a different opinion but we are so f**k them.

That's the kind of reasoned, measured input that I like to see. :happy2:

The stuff aimed at them from certain 'fans' is moronic.

I did notice looking at Paton's twitter feed that at the end of March he denied signing a PCA but Erskine has subsequently said the deals have been done for ages and the picture suggests they were secured together.

A case of a little white lie coming back to bite you on the arse due to social media.

Deal could have been agreed in principle but not signed. Paton denied he had signed a contract, so could well have been telling the truth albeit a technicality.

Angry about the photo, but both have played a big part this season. They have excelled but were inconsistent other seasons. Neither have done anything wrong and i'll be giving both massive cheers when we lift the trophy.

Then next season I'll be booing both and hope they have stinkers when they play us.

Dont think they were PCA's but them leaving was under vastly differing circumstances.

Our players left because they didn't want to work under Collins. Archie gave up cash to go there as he was getting a testimonial under the terms of the contract he was offered.

Gerry Britton said that he nearly left too as he didn't fancy working under Collins either.

Shaggy definitely left on a PCA around the March time; Lambie dropped him for the last few games, saying he didn't see how he could play him.

Archie's PCA was signed later, possibly in the last week of the season

Shaggy definitely left on a PCA around the March time; Lambie dropped him for the last few games, saying he didn't see how he could play him.

Archie's PCA was signed later, possibly in the last week of the season

With Shaggy, he clearly couldn't have been played as there was a clear conflict of interest, as we were in a three way relegation scrap with DU and Motherwell (not that anyone actually went down, of course).

Guy that works beside me at work (United Fan) says to me today 'what's Erskine like?' I said that's like asking me what's your wife like in bed.

It's no gonni be good when these fks come t play us next season watchin Erskine on the ball ...I've never wanted to beat a team so much in years..

This team is bigger than the sum of its individual parts - while I'd have been happy to have them both around for next seasons assault on the SPL, I'm also comfortable that they will be replaced.

The problem for both of them is that they have both developed at Thistle, but they have developed as part of the team. They are going to need to develop again at Utd - will the fans give them time? I don't give a fcuk any more - after that photo they are as good as United players in my mind. Hated seeing Jackie with his scarf when he left, but that is something else again.

Still amazed at how lazy and cheap the scouting at Utd is. Our scouts found these guys in amateur football and we took a punt on them. To just raid your old club in the hope that you can find a like-for-like replacement for SPL standard players that are leaving seems nieve to me. Can't see this working well for anybody really.

Both have been great players for our club and leave with my thanks. Do not begrudge them a chance for more money, new contract etc. I hope one day they will return to Firhill at PTFC players.

We do need to concentrate on Partick Thistle now so it is important to let others get their chance to show what they can do or cant do to stay with Thistle. However I am against the situation that happened with the likes of Kenny Arthur where he was not given a chance to be fully applauded onto the pitch in his last game by the club. So I would play Erskine and Paton for the last 15 minutes of the game against the Pars and hope when they come on everyone will stand and applaud them (providing Paton is fit enough)

In terms of captain I feel it is important to concentrate on some of the lads who are out of contract or who we need to offer improved contracts too and offering them captains armband for a game would hopefully strengthen their commitment to Thistle and maybe persuade them to sign new deals eg Doolan, Welsh, Lawless, Forbes, O Donnell etc