Dundee United - Takers

jaggy

Seen a post on Facebook and apologies if it's mentioned elsewhere, that suggestts that Hinchy, Crichton and some of the U16's are off to Utd as well. McNaeclass asked anyone from here to join United as well as it would appear he's hell bent on exporting Maryhill to Dundee!

Dont blame anybody for moving for higher salary but if the u16 thing is true then thats attrocious.It's really striking at foundations of a club who are trying to build things.Between that and the 80k im totally disgusted with McNamara.Releasing the pic of paton and erskine before we have won the title as well shows a total lack of class.

I'd be aware about being a youth player and moving to DUTD . This reeks of the Jim McLean days when he gave out s and youth forms like sweeties.Some made it but he ruined a lot of promising players .

Wonderful being back in the SPL and dealing with these rats.Not even up yet and being pumped.Also strikes me that maybe Ratnamara doesnt have as many contacts as you would think

.If you sign first division players and first division coaches you'll probably end up with a first division team.

Honestly dont think I can bear to see erskine and Paton playing in red and yellow again this season.

@bbcjimspence After the pre-contract shenanigans last night, do you know when PTFC will get compo from DUFC for McNamara & Donnelly? #ptfc

Jim Spence@bbcjimspence5m

@Rbuch79 Utd say lawyers are dealing with it.

Dundee Utd lawyers are dealing with Thistle's compensation claim?

Spence said lawyers, not necessarily DUFC's lawyers, are dealing with it. They could be McNamara's lawyers or he could have instructed DUFC's lawyers to act for him.

It looks like McNamara will have to trim his budget.

Jim Spence on the BBC website - "Dundee United have been ordered to pay 230,000 euros in compensation for the signing of Damian Casalinuovo.

The Argentine striker joined from Platense in July 2009 and played 25 times for the Tangerines.

United had originally been ordered to pay 400,000 euros by a Fifa tribunal, which was subsequently reduced to the current figure on appeal.

The Tannadice club are also appealing to the Court of Arbitration in Sport against the revised figure."

:happy3:

Edited by kni

It looks like McNamara will have to trim his budget.

Jim Spence on the BBC website - "Dundee United have been ordered to pay 230,000 euros in compensation for the signing of Damian Casalinuovo.

The Argentine striker joined from Platense in July 2009 and played 25 times for the Tangerines.

United had originally been ordered to pay 400,000 euros by a Fifa tribunal, which was subsequently reduced to the current figure on appeal.

The Tannadice club are also appealing to the Court of Arbitration in Sport against the revised figure."

:happy3:

Aye and in one of those 25 games the dirty argie basted punched the fekin ball in - giru them.

Anyway it might be interesting to watch how this one pans out http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ross-county-boss-derek-adams-1836765 - is a pre-contract worth the paper it's written on?

.......... and yet another thread here calls it "squad building".

Dundee united will similarly lose some of their better players - including perhaps one who will drop down 2 divisions. Like most people footballers are not incentivised by any quaint notion of loyalty - merely by the fact that a short career requires as much money as their talent can buy.

Good luck to Paton and Erskine - even their manager - although I suspect his father will be rather ashamed of his duplicity and greed.

Apologies everyone for my posts on here !! My anger and frustration is,or should be aimed solely at McNaeballs , he's turned out to be a real snake in the grass, would like nothing better than to see his Arabs go down next season !!

'Twould be nice. But league reconstruction would most likely be ushered in at breathtaking pace. Remember the play-off against us? As soon as that was decided (a crooked/obedient referee played an important role at the end) the SPL pulled up the drawbridge: no more play-offs. And ever since then, that's what Scottish football has had.

• Members

Apologies everyone for my posts on here !! My anger and frustration is,or should be aimed solely at McNaeballs , he's turned out to be a real snake in the grass, would like nothing better than to see his Arabs go down next season !!

You know you can delete your posts don't you Harry? There's one or two here over the past half hour or so I think you should seriously consider scrubbing.

• Like 1

The money DUFC need to pay for Casalinovo (?) might stop McNamara from signing any more players. Good for us as SOD might have been away as well.

You're being silly now 'The Cup'.

Signing players (or management) & paying for them are different things in Steven Thompson & the DUFC board's mind.

The money DUFC need to pay for Casalinovo (?) might stop McNamara from signing any more players. Good for us as SOD might have been away as well.

O'Donnell is out of contract and can leave us for free. McNamara will be releasing players at the end of the season to free up wages for new signings. SOD is likely to be on a lower wage than DUFC players. If McNamara wants him, he should be able to afford him.

They will get a lot more than £300-£400K for these guys. A lot will go to the bank as their current policy is to cut down the debt but that will also cut down the interest they pay freeing up some spare cash and they'll also be able to offer the wages these guys were earning (even a wee bit less would be a good offer) to guys that are out of contract.

My own feeling is that if he hasn't signed for DU yet SO'D probably won't be. They already have decent cover at right back (and more now Paton will be there) so he won't be high on their priorities. Doesn't mean other clubs won't come in but I'd say we've still got a 50/50 chance of him staying and I'm hoping Archie can be persuasive.

Some might find this worth a look http://www.heraldsco...flight.20769907

BTW I find this hate of DU rather bemusing - or rather the level of it since it's natural to be annoyed at what went on (but it happens all the time). I for one will never hate them more than a certain club which cheated for 20 years, using my money (taxes) and getting away with murder (metaphorically as far as I know) on and off the field and whose fans still won't accept their club did anything wrong.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Some might find this worth a look http://www.heraldsco...flight.20769907

Brilliant quote from Foxy in that article.

"I've now got an opportunity to play in the SPL, assuming we get that point, and I couldn't pass it up. I didn't want to be in a situation where I am waiting for a club to come in. I am at a club which is going places and which has given me a chance to get this done early, get it out the back of my mind and concentrate on next season.

They showed faith in me so I am going to show some faith in them. I didn't know about Erskine and Pates leaving until you told me but you see the amount of fans coming and the excitement that is here.

You have got the young boys who have been doing well and we need to just keep going forward. We know it is going to be difficult but the manager will make signings and I am positive we will do all right."

• Like 1

O'Donnell is out of contract and can leave us for free. McNamara will be releasing players at the end of the season to free up wages for new signings. SOD is likely to be on a lower wage than DUFC players. If McNamara wants him, he should be able to afford him.

We'd be due a fee for O' Donnell if he moves to another club in Scotland as he's under 24.