Pre-Season

kni

Another couple of away pre-season friendlies have been arranged; with a date switch for one of the already confirmed matches.

We will now play Dumbarton on Saturday July 13th with a 3pm kick-off. That means that our fixture away to Livingston, originally scheduled for that date, will now take place on Tuesday July 16th with a 7:45pm kick-off.

We will now also face Arbroath at Gayfield on Saturday July 20th. Kick-off time to be confirmed.

Further additions/changes to pre-season. Here are the latest fixtures:

Annan (a) - Tues July 9th

Dumbarton (a) - Sat July 13th

Livingston (a) - Tues July 16th

Arbroath (a) - Sat July 20th

I'm interested in Annan and Arbroath as I've not ticked those grounds off yet, but will be booking a holiday for July so might have to miss one.

ETA: Just beaten to it by The Cup.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

The Annan and Arbroath games will let most of the squad get some game time under their belts as well as allowing us to have a look at any trialists. We struggled against Dumbarton in the away fixtures last season for some reason whereas Livi like to play a similar style of football so both should be decent enough tests. Not sure if I'll be in attendance at all of the games but will certainly be heading to Arbroath.

However, with no disrespect to the above teams, I hope we'll have some stronger opposition in the home fixture.

*******! I have been wanting to go to Abroath for ages but I am away on holiday the day of that game. :wall:

I remember being at a midweek (cup) game that we ended up with just 8 men, from memory it was a freezing cold midweek night (or maybe a Monday?) and Thistle were pretty poor, we won the game although not one of the most memorable grounds to visit.

• Members

I remember being at a midweek (cup) game that we ended up with just 8 men, from memory it was a freezing cold midweek night (or maybe a Monday?) and Thistle were pretty poor, we won the game although not one of the most memorable grounds to visit.

No, it was a Saturday. Freezing wind blowing in off the North Sea. Must have been the coldest game I've ever been at!

I just enjoy the novelty factor of watching games in old style football grounds. Plus, a pre-season friendly on a July afternoon should be a bit milder, even if the ground is on the north east coast.

No, it was a Saturday. Freezing wind blowing in off the North Sea. Must have been the coldest game I've ever been at!

Cheers Willjag, I remember the floodlights on and must have thought it was midweek, winter and freezing cold is about right, pretty sure the home fans walked past us at half time to change ends too! A few goals and a dramatic winner when it looked like a lost cause (did Billy McDonald or Derek Lyle score that night?).

Cheers Willjag, I remember the floodlights on and must have thought it was midweek, winter and freezing cold is about right, pretty sure the home fans walked past us at half time to change ends too! A few goals and a dramatic winner when it looked like a lost cause (did Billy McDonald or Derek Lyle score that night?).

Think you might be thinking of another game.

• 2 weeks later...

If your going to the game in Durham by train - tickets are not too badly priced in advance!

Using young persons railcard got a return for £20 - not too bad! :)

Plenty of trains from Waverley about 3 per hour. Buses out every 10 mins to the ground from centre of Durham. Got all the makings of a cracking venue. Durham is a smashing place for a friendly.