Pars In The Playoffs

angry gaz

Dunfermline seem to be getting a bit of mileage bleating on about the additional 5 hours added on during which we equalised last week depriving them of 2 points - by the same token if the fog hadn't descended on Central Park, Cowdenbeath would have had (almost certainly) an additional 3 points so it seems all a bit irrelevant.

If Dunfermline hadn't been financially mis-managed the 2 instances would have been irrelevant in any case - so perhaps they should just get on with it and beat Forfar (suspect they will despite being 3-1 down) then beat Alloa (who seem to be a shoe-in for the deciders) and stop looking for excuses.

This.

Dunfermline seem to be getting a bit of mileage bleating on about the additional 5 hours added on during which we equalised last week depriving them of 2 points - by the same token if the fog hadn't descended on Central Park, Cowdenbeath would have had (almost certainly) an additional 3 points so it seems all a bit irrelevant.

If Dunfermline hadn't been financially mis-managed the 2 instances would have been irrelevant in any case - so perhaps they should just get on with it and beat Forfar (suspect they will despite being 3-1 down) then beat Alloa (who seem to be a shoe-in for the deciders) and stop looking for excuses.

Great thing is, we benefitted from both!

This: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22444304 is SOOOO Bunnet.

Useless bugger just scrapes his crappy team into 4th/10, and now might actually get them promoted.

Remind you of anything?

Whether WE like him or not this crappy team he manages were BOTTOM of the 3rd Division when he took over and are now on the verge of the 1st division.

This: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22444304 is SOOOO Bunnet.

Useless bugger just scrapes his crappy team into 4th/10, and now might actually get them promoted.

Remind you of anything?

DC was quoted in the Metro the other day saying that "Dunfermline fans love him and I love them". That sort of patter familiar? Remind me once again of the Bunnet's connection with Mourinho and Largs. :)

Anyone ever considered that Dunfermline might be better off financially in the 2nd division next season? 2 home games against Sevco where they could give them 2 big stands behind the goals.

They could comfortably finish 2nd and waltz back up via the playoffs - giving them 2 bonus home games at the same time.

Then the following year they have another 2 home games against Sevco, with talk of playoffs being introduced.

Anyone ever considered that Dunfermline might be better off financially in the 2nd division next season? 2 home games against Sevco where they could give them 2 big stands behind the goals.

They could comfortably finish 2nd and waltz back up via the playoffs - giving them 2 bonus home games at the same time.

Then the following year they have another 2 home games against Sevco, with talk of playoffs being introduced.

Exactly, in an ideal world (for them) they could get two years worth of 'Sevco in the SFL' money. It all depends on how easily they can rebuild their squad, and Sevco might pinch the type of players they will be looking at.

Relegation might kill them completely.

Both very good points it's all down to the Admin man I feel.

Edited by Tartanjag

I had thought that might be something they would see as a way to make more money. I also thought they would be quite happy with extra income from play off matches this season. BUT when i saw the reaction of their players when Lawless equalised i thought my ideas were just mad

Were Dunfermline not quite near the top of the Sevconian revenge list after not letting them away with monies due just prior to their admin last year? Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to roll out one of their infamous boycotts to "punish" the pars.

Surely with the new financial model it would be better to stay in the first. Mid table finish could be worth 100,000.

2 games against sevco isn't going to off-set lower attendances at the rest of the games and missing out on derby games against raith, Cowdenbeath.

possibly now, but that wasn't the case 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty certain if Sevco & the Pars were in a battle to win the 2nd Division they could end up with a number of live tv games

I had thought that might be something they would see as a way to make more money. I also thought they would be quite happy with extra income from play off matches this season. BUT when i saw the reaction of their players when Lawless equalised i thought my ideas were just mad

My son and I took in the Airdrie game last week and, while the increasing frustration of the fans around us was very funny to see, the reaction of the players to losing a game they should have had wrapped up by half time made it clear they were not playing for the play-offs, let alone relegation.

Forfar have had a lot of red cards this season.

Pars have levelled the aggregate scores with a penalty - extra time?

3rd Forfar player sent off - Iain Campbell, the Bunnet's son.

Edited by kni