Looking Bad For Hearts

London Exile

For purely selfish reasons I hope they dont into admin till after the SPL finishes:

Starting off with a 17 points deduction makes it harder for them next season and gives teams like us an advantage.

Financially Hearts would bring a bigger support to Firhill than Dundee

Dundee United will have slightly less money to try and steal our players if there is no Dundee Derby next season.

We wont have a chance of getting Harkins signed if Dundee 'six pence in the pound' stay up because of this

Last year when a team went tits up Dunfermline were still relegated, Hope for Moore and his Greenock jakies yet #wegotthis

It's not the same though, it isn't Hearts going bust, it's Hearts getting a points deduction for breaking the rules.

How concrete is this 17-point deduction? If there aren't set points deductions in place for entering administration (or is that just the SFL?) then how come there is one for the parent company becoming insolvent? I find it hard to see the SPL punishing a team like Hearts with relegation.

I was a resident of Gorgie and Dalry for some years in the nineties :eyebrow:

Saw a lot of games at the previous version of Tynecastle, and admit to enjoying some cracking games against the old firm and in Europe (the victory against Bologna stands out). Never, ever, supported them against Jags obviously and I've never had a conflict about who my team are. However, I suppose it hits a nerve to see them going down, just like I felt sorry for Dunfermline.

These are both great football clubs, not like Rangers who we all know are not just a football club at all. In the interest of honesty I will say that the racism and sectarianism I witnessed on the old terraces of Tynecastle were as bad as anything I've ever seen from the old firm. But Hearts have never prided themselves, or cashed in on that nonsense. I think they have been sold down the river.

In the November of 1914, the entire Hearts team signed up for the war. Seven first team players lost their lives and there is a monument at Haymarket that remembers that.

I've still never seen a better striker, in the box, than John Roberston in his prime. Oh well :getmecoat:

Guest fredthecheesecloth

For purely selfish reasons I hope they dont into admin till after the SPL finishes:

Starting off with a 17 points deduction makes it harder for them next season and gives teams like us an advantage.

Financially Hearts would bring a bigger support to Firhill than Dundee

Dundee United will have slightly less money to try and steal our players if there is no Dundee Derby next season.

We wont have a chance of getting Harkins signed if Dundee 'six pence in the pound' stay up because of this

Why should he sign for Partick 'forty pence in the pound' then? Should he not sign for a club who has completely avoided screwing creditors? Say Inverness?

Agree with Devils Point - not just cos hes my pal!

Hearts are a proper club never mind a few neds who think theyre the old firm - every jambo ive met loves scotland fir a start.

As DP says the travesty is romanov - and fans naivety that these people give a donald duck after the ego trip and realisation that football does not bring orifit wuthout an international brand. They dont and they leave a car crash behind them - portsmouth are a great example.

The silver lining coukd be that clubs end up with sensible boards, running on fans / community input, being prudent, being realustic - hmm ring any bells?

Agree with Devils Point - not just cos hes my pal!

Hearts are a proper club never mind a few neds who think theyre the old firm - every jambo ive met loves scotland fir a start.

As DP says the travesty is romanov - and fans naivety that these people give a donald duck after the ego trip and realisation that football does not bring orifit wuthout an international brand. They dont and they leave a car crash behind them - portsmouth are a great example.

The silver lining coukd be that clubs end up with sensible boards, running on fans / community input, being prudent, being realustic - hmm ring any bells?

some would say they would have gone years ago without him :thinking:

Though some of the stuff he used to say about the SFA and the OF turned out to be true, didn't it. Though if you say enough outrageous things ....

I'm sure he made valid points but the style with which he said them dulled his argument a bit. Maybe he should have focussed on running his own club, in hindsight ;)