John Baird (Ex Dundee, R Rovers Etc.) Signs

CCjag

:shok: I would ask what on earth i am supposed to be deflecting from, but since you are going on ignore due to your lies and idiotness, no point.

You named me 3 times with 3 players, saying they were heroes of mine. Blatant untruths.

I asked for evidence of your scurrilous claims. None was given by you. Just another embarrassment of a post from you. I then substantiated both my truths and your exposed lies.

From your absolute avoidance of answering my valid points (© pottytrained) with yet another nonsense post from you, it is clear to everyone you clearly cannot debate or respond sensibly, and have just shown yourself up yet again to be the lying nomark and terrible abomination of a poster that you plainly are.

You have proven beyond any doubt you are a Terrible Liar, and not worthy of any further timewasting.

I suggested players at various times who I beleive would be good signings and felt the club should have signed them. Some of them I may have got wrong such as Gray, plenty I am sure I got right.

You were the one who brought up some fantasy involving footballers you claimed I was dreaming about. So you were happy to have a dig at me in the first place. Interesting you like to guess what my thoughts are about or who I seem to fantasise - well for your information the only person I am interested in fantasising about is my wife thank you very much.

I loved this quote

"I am delighted that I will be back playing in the SPL next season with a big club like Partick Thistle. Despite that, it was not an easy decision to leave Dundee." - i.e. we are a bigger club than Dundee.

The interesting part is

"The striker struggled in the early part of last season, being played out of position, and he admitted that he had not realised just how hard he had been affected by the death of his father-in-law Jim Kennedy, who passed away in October However, he started to find his form again and began scoring goals after Brown’s arrival at Dens in February.

Baird added: “I really can’t speak highly enough of John. Since he came in at Dundee he has been excellent for the team and myself.

I got to play in my proper position and managed to start scoring goals again."

Edited by kni

If he is saying he was played out of position at dens that could account for his record of scoring only 4 goals in 35 games with them. Or is it because it was in the spl and he struggled against the opposition?!

The rest of his career he has bagged 70 in 215 appearances (1 every 3 games) - could do us a turn if he could chip in 10/15 goals next season.

Edited by thistledave78

What concerns me about those Baird quotes is that he's saying he can only really play through the middle.

Given that we're only likely to play with one central striker this season as we did for the one just finished is that us signed all our strikers? If we do get someone really good who would indisputably be first choice, I can't see Doolan or Baird really being happy to be 3rd choice. I suppose Doolan could shift out wide but it's not his best position.

What concerns me about those Baird quotes is that he's saying he can only really play through the middle.

Given that we're only likely to play with one central striker this season as we did for the one just finished is that us signed all our strikers? If we do get someone really good who would indisputably be first choice, I can't see Doolan or Baird really being happy to be 3rd choice. I suppose Doolan could shift out wide but it's not his best position.

To say it's not his best position is an understatement, I think. He's totally wasted when he's punted to a wide position.

I'm just guessing here but I think that most SPL contracts run until May 31st so there wont be any official announcements until the 1st of June. Don't know why there is a delay in them announcing the likes of Christie Elliot's contract extension for example though

I'm just guessing here but I think that most SPL contracts run until May 31st so there wont be any official announcements until the 1st of June. Don't know why there is a delay in them announcing the likes of Christie Elliot's contract extension for example though

The club has said it many times & only officially announces a (re)signing when it's been completed.

To say it's not his best position is an understatement, I think. He's totally wasted when he's punted to a wide position.

Doolan is often a victim of his own success so to speak. His first touch is so excellent he's usually the guy Fox or a defender will look for when playing a long(ish) ball. It's thus kinda natural he drifts wide. Think we could see the difference with Craig, who picked up a fair bit of criticism (imo wrongly) for often making himself less available.

Not too sure whether Doolan drifting wide has necessarily been a bad thing. He might have scored a few more goals if he'd remained more central but that's got to be balanced with his assists and link up.

Can't really even have much of a guess as to just where and how Baird will be used till we complete a few more signings. Does tho' look like a very decent signing. From what I can remember Baird's close control is very good, tho' maybe not his first touch. We're also signing a hard working player, a quality that shouldn't be underestimated when we most likely won't have the greatest depth of talent to our squad.

• Like 1

The club has said it many times & only officially announces a (re)signing when it's been completed.

I'm aware that is normally the case but Elliot's signing has been announced in the media on Monday morning and fellow players have been tweeting him congratulating him. Just a bit strange...

I'm aware that is normally the case but Elliot's signing has been announced in the media on Monday morning and fellow players have been tweeting him congratulating him. Just a bit strange...

Presumably because he hasn't actually signed yet. The Baird story seems to be in reaction to the article in The Courier.