Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

I see that there is now 525 signatures which must send some message to the board.

But are the board actually aware of this?

I followed the link and I see there is a section for comments. How can I read the comments of other petitioners. And how will board directors also see these comments if they choose to look. AHH Just saw that you can look under signatures tab

As it requires my email address will I start getting spam as I don,t see any box to tick that says they won,t share my address.

With lots signing I guess it is legit. Can you tell me how the results of the petition find there way to board.

Also I have just seen lots of paper reports on Killy fans. Is this story finding its way to the papers which is were the real influence will be reflected especially as it involves a old firm angle.

It's a legit site, you won't get sent any pish.

I've no doubt the One Thistle guys will present this at the meeting assuming they are invited, if not their man on the inside will take up the baton :smartass:

Guest fredthecheesecloth

So the petition now has well over 500 signatures.

Well done to everyone who has signed.

The board ignore this at their peril.

Particularly interested in your last line. What is the intended course of action here?

After last year I think the Thistle Board have become quite savvy at support management. We see a well placed leak regarding the Celtic game. The board then sit back and say no more and let us all swarm around the issue like angry bees.

This then gives the Club the power and argument with the police to change the decision that they didn,t really agree with in the first place. I hope thats the case.

petition just signed.

Edited by topcat

Just like to say a big well done to everyone who has, to date, added their signature to the petition. http://www.ipetition...he-north-stand/ As it stands we have over 550 signatures. Not bad considering the petition was only put up 4 days ago.

It's worth noting that a few non Thistle fans have added their support to the petition. Why? Because they have gone through the sort of nonsense we are experiencing, for the last decade. How many? I'd suggest less than 50. The fact is though, that we as fans are trying to take a stand against what we see as unfair treatment towards ourselves.

Today the Board of the Club have a board meeting scheduled. I believe both Jim & Lance will be attending. It is worth remembering, when Jim & Lance attend, they always do so as Club Marketing Director and Operations Director. They are not in the Boardroom as OneThistle Reps. Hence why it was agreed that they would take this issue to Ian and I to discuss and feedback to The Club. The Club ignored that agreement, made a decision and started making season ticket holders aware of that decision when purchasing their season ticket.

No official statement has been made on this subject by The Club, all the fan base, as a whole know, is what has been fed out by the office staff. Again, I would like to state that neither myself or any fan has an issue with the office staff themselves, they are there doing a job as required, but they should not have been put in that position by the Club. Something official should have been put out. But of course, that should have been done after consultation with Ian & I, as the Club agreed. I think the amount of signatures on the petition, the amount of tweets the Club received and the amount of email received would suggest that this is quite clearly an issue the support feel is very important. Has it split the support, I certainly don't think so. Of course there have been people who are happy to support the move of The Shed, there have been folk who don't want to make a decision until more info is available, and they have every right to that opinion. But I would say that those are in a distinct minority. For the first time in a long time, the majority of fans seem to be completely against a decision this board has made. Now we will see how they act on the fans discontent.

What would I like to see come from today's meeting?

First and foremost, I would like the Board to acknowledge a mistake has been made and change this decision. How they word that to the fans is up to them. But a statement must be made tonight.

I would like to know how many emails the Club received from unhappy fans and I would like every one of those emails replied to.

With regards to the issue at hand, I want to know exactly why this decision was made without Ian and I's consultation as was agreed. There was no time frame put in place for feedback and as yet the fixture list hasn't even been published.

I would like to know why this decision was made, is it on advice or order of the police, or have the Club made this decision based on a financial reward, how was this reward calculated?

I would like to know if any issue the police have is due to something in the stadium safety certificate or if it is really just a "nice to have" for the police on a Thistle Celtic match day.

I would like to know why Celtic fans were housed in the Main Stand for the Glasgow Cup game, when they have a history of lighting flares, long before this game.

I would like to know how the police justify changing their mind after agreeing before the Glasgow Cup that for the Club to take the Morton model in the stadium was suitable.

If safety is the issue, why are Motherwell able to house Celtic fans in their main stand (wooden structure).

I'd like to know what the police plan to do with Motherwell and Hibs fans who also let off Flares last season.

What plans have the police put in place for Rangers in the second division, will their fans too be banned from wooden structured stands in that league.

I would like to know why an agreement can't be made between both clubs to house the green brigade at the rear of the JHS.

I would like to know if the club are considering moving the home support out of the North Stand for other games, or just Celtic games.

The problem is, all these questions above, i would love to have answers for already, as part of the consultation before a decision was made, its a pity i don't. Because without them i am 100% against moving our most vocal support from the North Stand.

jagsChamp315.jpg

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

The North Stand is the home of the "Singing Section" of Thistle fans who cheer the team on at every home game. Now for the first time in many, many years there is an atmosphere at home games which helps and spurs on the team (one home defeat in the First Division last season). I will be disgusted if Thistle fans are moved out of the North Stand to accommodate Celtic fans.

We are the home team and the club should listen to and act on what we as Thistle fans want (we should be looked after first). Celtic will probably be our hardest home game - they have all the advantages, such as International players, million pound players and also the fact that they are a multi million pound business. Why give them another advantage that they don't need, ie the North Stand. This would mean thistle's singing section is dispersed and that there would be no home fans behind the Celtic goalkeeper, (a definite advantage to any away team, never mind Celtic).

Many of the Thistle players stated how much they appreciated the atmosphere created by the singing and support from the North Stand and that this was a big, big help in regards to the home performances of the team (Thistle's twelfthman). The club should show they care and value the Thistle fans and announce that the North Stand will always be for Thistle fans and that there will be no exceptions.

Imagine if the Thistle v Celtic game is televised - what do the Thistle team and fans want to see, ie either a:- a Thistle home game where the North Stand is full of Thistle flags, banners and jags fans singing their hearts out or the North Stand is full of Celtic fans singing, flags and intimidating Scott Fox (who could get hit by a flare or chair thrown from behind the goal). I like all other Thistle fans know which of these scenarios would be most helpful to Thistle who after all are the home team.

Thistle fans should not be moved and messed about as a consequence of previous/or possible future mis-behaviour of Celtic fans.

No excuses or reasons from the Board will change my mind. Thistle fans should be looked after first and not moved from the North Stand.

I am horrified that this decision has been made because visiting supporters cannot obey the law.

If someone lights a flare and sets fire to a wooden stand, surely it is they that are criminally responsible.

We should not be dictated to by these thugs. They should all be banned from away games until they can demonstrate that they can behave in a civilised manner within the laws of the land.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

So basically there is nothing we can do. Right so where will the singing section be for the celtic game be?

The worse thing would be if the north stand ended up scattered all over firhill!

The Singing Section for Jags Fans will be in the Main Stand - it will be Stewarded the exact same as the North Stand

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

It's absolute Shite. The tims will come to Firhill, do what they like on the field an off it. Everything will be done in their favour, with the main aims being that they go home with three points, and that their fans be allowed to continue their delusions that they rule the world wherever they go. We are a diddy club, and we will behave in a diddy club's fashion in order to maintain and reinforce the status quo.

Here's a suggestion. Let's take them at face value. As a season-ticket holder for the JH stand, I'll happily give up my seat in the JH stand to allow all tims access to the JH stand. The Thistle support will housed in the North Stand and the Main Stand. The timothies, however many of them come, can have the JH stand.

• Like 2

House Celtic fans in the Main Stand. Give them warning to turn up early as they will be body searched before entry by the Police. Those caught to be charged.

Unfortunate but necessary action. Condolences to their supporters ............ rather than ours!! End of......

or am I missing some show stopper??

• Like 1

House Celtic fans in the Main Stand. Give them warning to turn up early as they will be body searched before entry by the Police. Those caught to be charged.

Unfortunate but necessary action. Condolences to their supporters ............ rather than ours!! End of......

or am I missing some show stopper??

That's EXACTLY what, and all that is required. The fact that PTFC (in cahoots with the polis) are instead opting for them to basically take over the stadium is an admission of (a) wanting a few extra grand in the coffers at the expense of developing any kind of "Fortress Firhill" environment, and ( B) accepting that we are a diddy club and that there are really only two teams in Glasgow, and we are not one of them.

I now, more than before, fully expect us to lose these matches,

and.... worse,

I feel that that is how it's "supposed to be", and that we (PTFC) are playing our part in that.

ETA: Dunno why the cool emoticon is there; cannae get rid of it!

Edited by Jaggernaut

The singing section in the main stand is a terrible idea. It's very difficult to hear any noise coming from the Main Stand from any other part of the ground.

This is unbelievable. If this is just about flares and fires, I'd rather we banned them and took the hit. It can't be about segregation. If that was the case, surely any club bringing more than 1000 supporters would need the same treatment.

I hate this country at times, such a small-time mentality. Bow down to the f#ckin scumbags as usual. This is straight out of the Jim Oliver days.

• Like 1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUR FECK SAKE....................