Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

It is.

However, one thing it has done, has shown up our current custodians to be exactly the same as the last lot. they don't give a flying fck about the "pay at the gate" fans.

Won't 'like this' as I don't, but so true, it is.

Though makes yoda sad it does.

It is.

However, one thing it has done, has shown up our current custodians to be exactly the same as the last lot. they don't give a flying fck about the "pay at the gate" fans.

This is rapidly becoming clear, all the 12th man carry on we had last year, your part of the club all great till we get to the top table then your not needed, we have telly cash and cockwomble comes visit.

Give them cold pies and crap toilets, mess them about with their seats and tickets they'll keep coming back.

Don't agree PT, I think the current BoD are much better than previous, however this issue doesn't show them up well.

They are much better in terms of the footballing side of things, not just the team they've backed financially but simple other things like getting our good players on long contracts, not waiting until the last minute to sign whoever toher clubs have passed on, the youth set up and so on.

Last season with the moving of the North Stand and all the extras they added on top of the kids go free with memberships, player zones, etc. This was all excellent as well.

But so so so many things are now going badly wrong away from the team on the pitch.

• Like 1

How big an issue is this? Maybe if you are a clatty b****** then it's not an issue.

Sorry, maybe i'm missing something. This isn't a discussion about a lack of replenishables. Paper towels and lavvy paper. stuff that can be refilled on request.

Would it not be more accurate, Lenzie, to ask... how many toilets in Glasgow, do you go into, and there isn't a wash hand basin to clean your hands?

Here's my point, PT. Is it possible that the main stand would get a safety certificate if it didn't have water in the bogs ?

How much is this just Thompson mischief making. As I said, I haven't heard any complaints from DU fans. Maybe they are all clatty bxxxxxxx ?

Here's my point, PT. Is it possible that the main stand would get a safety certificate if it didn't have water in the bogs ?

How much is this just Thompson mischief making. As I said, I haven't heard any complaints from DU fans. Maybe they are all clatty bxxxxxxx ?

As I said above, water in the toilets has nothing to do with the safety certificate.

Well I'm fckin complaining, every jag should be complaining!

They are much better in terms of the footballing side of things, not just the team they've backed financially but simple other things like getting our good players on long contracts, not waiting until the last minute to sign whoever toher clubs have passed on, the youth set up and so on.

Last season with the moving of the North Stand and all the extras they added on top of the kids go free with memberships, player zones, etc. This was all excellent as well.

But so so so many things are now going badly wrong away from the team on the pitch.

The length of contracts offered to players has very little to do with the board. It was very much a policy of Lambie to only offer players 1 year deals so they wouldn't get too comfortable. This, in the end, meant that when Lambie left we lost the whole spine of our team.

McCall made a a bit of cash from his signings (Harkins & Twaddle) by getting them signed up on longer deals, which probably saved us from a winding up order from HMRC.

The fact that we have been proactive in singing players on longer deals I would say is down to the management team of Archie and Shaggy. Of course the BOD authorise this, but they aren't exactly going to say no.

The fact that we have been proactive in singing players on longer deals I would say is down to the management team of Archie and Shaggy. Of course the BOD authorise this, but they aren't exactly going to say no.

At the same time, they backed Archie by letting him decide whether to make a counter-offer to Erskine and Paton where many previous boards wouldn't have.

They also did very well to get McNamara and Donnelly on their renewed contracts shortly before they left. Even though there was the saga over their compo over the summer, we'd have probably got no compensation at all had those contracts not been signed.

They also did very well to get McNamara and Donnelly on their renewed contracts shortly before they left. Even though there was the saga over their compo over the summer, we'd have probably got no compensation at all had those contracts not been signed.

Did they really? How much compensation did we actually receive from their departure? Apparently it should have been £120k as per the contract. I believe the eventual figure was less than £50k. That to me suggests there was some ambiguity in the contract which allowed Jackie and SID to contest it.

Doesn't sound like they did "very well" to me.

Did they really? How much compensation did we actually receive from their departure? Apparently it should have been £120k as per the contract. I believe the eventual figure was less than £50k. That to me suggests there was some ambiguity in the contract which allowed Jackie and SID to contest it.

Is the point that Twinny is making that without getting the contracts signed there would have been no compensation. I read somewhere that the issue had been fully resolved. Where did you hear it was 50k ?

Just out of interest, when there was talk of the Main stand being demolished and lots of people were determined not to let this happen, were they actually aware of how poor a condition it is in?

Also, how the hell has the Main Stand been allowed to get away with having no washing up facilities for the people housed there?!

I'd be fairly neutral on that one. Management contracts are rarely watertight The fact we got compo at all is fine by me. We're in a better place with Archie even if we only got 50p. Anything else is a bonus.

I don't see where the Board stepped in to back Archie re Erskine & Paton. With Archie established as full manager and promotion a certainty he would have been working on his squad for this season. Perhaps the Board stepped in early to give him an idea of the extent of his budget and on that knowledge he could offer deals to Paton & Erskine. Tho' they'd probably signed pre contracts anyway by then. Whatever it wasn't new money and if he'd secured Erskine (he wasn't evidently too interested in PP) that would've been less in the kitty for extending other contracts or bringing in new players.

I do tho' feel the board have to be commended on sanctioning the length of contracts offered. It will of course be down to Archie re who gets what and for how long. That said I believe the board would have to endorse what appears to be a bit of a policy change. .

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

No I wasn't in the stand for either game. Do you think I'm lying?

Nobody is saying you (or anybody else) are lying, I'm just unsure of the nature of Dundee United's complaint and if it is being exagerated at all. I have never been in the main stand.

The board are taking it in the neck on here and sometimes it feels as if we are scrambling around looking for sticks to beat them with. I've asked twice (and somebody asked before me) if there are really no handwashing or hand sanitising facilities in the toilets of the main stand. To date nobody has answered, but quite a few have critisised the board for the lack or these, and maybe even the lack of running water.

If it is true, it is a pretty poor state of affairs, but before I critisise anybody, I do like to have the situtation confirmed first.

Nobody is saying you (or anybody else) are lying, I'm just unsure of the nature of Dundee United's complaint and if it is being exagerated at all. I have never been in the main stand.

The board are taking it in the neck on here and sometimes it feels as if we are scrambling around looking for sticks to beat them with. I've asked twice (and somebody asked before me) if there are really no handwashing or hand sanitising facilities in the toilets of the main stand. To date nobody has answered, but quite a few have critisised the board for the lack or these, and maybe even the lack of running water.

If it is true, it is a pretty poor state of affairs, but before I critisise anybody, I do like to have the situtation confirmed first.

The board have made a rod for thier own backs this pre season with their incompetance

• TAG scheme never started, another let down for the fans (Oh and where is the legallity of offering a prize but never giving it)
  • Centenary fund, 1 month late on the draw (Due to be drawn on the 15th of the month latest), again how legal is it to sell somethng yet not deliver
  • Season tickets, total and absolute shambles, seats, vouchers, renewals etc etc
  • Catering crap and the club don't care
  • Main stand apparently not fit for habitation yet we spend money on a new directors box
  • Communication mixed messages on Celtic, ST's etc

I ask you this if we hadn't won the league last year and had the OneThistle initiative to bring the matchday experience up do you think they would be getting away with it???

They may be making a profit but alot of that is to do with Archie's boys doing the business on the park, but look at the money we are missing out on

• Like 3