David Beattie

Harry Wragg

Some interesting points. So reading between lines away fans will be in the corner of the JHS stand unless we are playing the Jungles or any match anticipated to have a large support? It's a health and safety issue and the club/Beattie has a duty of care to everyone in the ground? So its ok for us but not for the rapscallions amongst the away support?

Then the bit at the end was just missing the term "cuddly-toy" :(

Time for some clarity so we can all enjoy the start to our SPFL campaign.

• Like 2

Perhaps we all got caught up in the euphoria of promotion. The club, while desperate to get season ticket funding in ASAP, should have clarified the situation earlier regarding the intended use of each stand but to be fair, the scum behaviour at the U17 Cup Final occurred after the club began preparing for selling season tickets.

Since then, flares & smoke bombs have only become a serious issue, highlighted by the media, and the Police no doubt have to be seen to be extra cautious regarding public safety. Firhill, the venue is now being unfairly considered problematic rather than the activities of the 'customers' on that particular night.

Have 'THE CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB' or SEVCO yet made any comment on their mobs setting off flares & smoke bombs? The new SPFL should immediately bring in a rule that If ANY fans set them off, their team will play their next home game behind closed doors.

It always seems to be the case that whenever anything good happens to the club, it's alway countered by some issue outwith the club's control. The use of the North Stand for Home fans was inspirational last year but it's unfortunate that due to the layout of the stadium and access routes, the Police now won't allow it for certain matches.

Edited by weebaldie

A lot of that article makes no sense whatsoever. We can burn in the main stand but away fans have to be protected.....? And as pointed out, it completely contradicts the Club statement on the website. I also don't believe our debt was anywhere near £3M anytime since Save the Jags (and it wasn't £3M even then). After we had tumbled down the Divisions and built up annual consistent losses, I'm sure the debt was stated at a figure more akin to half that and that figure was about halved by the Propco deal. If it is down again, then that IS good news, but given the rest of the article, I'm not sure what to believe.

I heard that our PR guru had left the Club. Seems to be true given the recent poor PR........

• Like 1

Here we go again. As soon as the club decide something that doesn't suit some fans we hear the same old shite - "We're being treated appallingly", "Only Thistle would do this", "The board take the fans for granted", "They're only in it for themselves", "They're ripping us off". And then, "I'm not buying a season ticket", "I'm boycotting..." enter as appropriate, "They're not getting my money" and on ad infinitum.

Sometimes it's just what it appears to be - some folk just doing there best for the club as they see it.

Fck sake,chill out, eh?

Here we go again. As soon as the club decide something that doesn't suit some fans we hear the same old shite - "We're being treated appallingly", "Only Thistle would do this", "The board take the fans for granted", "They're only in it for themselves", "They're ripping us off". And then, "I'm not buying a season ticket", "I'm boycotting..." enter as appropriate, "They're not getting my money" and on ad infinitum.

Sometimes it's just what it appears to be - some folk just doing there best for the club as they see it.

Fck sake,chill out, eh?

WELL SAID.. lets enjoy the achievements so far and see where we end up.. sick of people on here digging up sh*t about Sevco and Celtic in the stadium and propco or whatever... support the team these guys have an hard enough job without the negative stuff on here

A lot of that article makes no sense whatsoever. We can burn in the main stand but away fans have to be protected.....? And as pointed out, it completely contradicts the Club statement on the website. I also don't believe our debt was anywhere near £3M anytime since Save the Jags (and it wasn't £3M even then). After we had tumbled down the Divisions and built up annual consistent losses, I'm sure the debt was stated at a figure more akin to half that and that figure was about halved by the Propco deal. If it is down again, then that IS good news, but given the rest of the article, I'm not sure what to believe.

I heard that our PR guru had left the Club. Seems to be true given the recent poor PR........

£1.5m was my recollection too. Mr Beattie seems to have got his facts wrong on that and other matters.

If the main stand is too dangerous for away fans, it's too dangerous for home fans too and should not have a safety certificate.

Agreed I think Beattie has done a good job since taking over. It's a difficult balancing act I'm sure and he won't always get it right.

I believe he's got the interests of the club at heart (possibly aswell as his own, but there's nothing wrong with that I suppose) and as has been said, compared to other chairmen, both of other clubs and our own, over the last ten years he's been a godsend. Exactly what we needed at the right time.

Thanks David :thumbsup2:

Think there has been a bit of journalistic licence taken with that piece.

Don't remember our debt ever being £3M and Beattie said at the meet the board night a couple of seasons back that our debt was less than £500K and would have been paid off in full but for the bank putting penalty clauses in place for early repayment.

I hope the same journalistic licence has been applied to the away fans. I would be absolutely gutted to hear that we have given it back to away fans.

Think there has been a bit of journalistic licence taken with that piece.

Don't remember our debt ever being £3M and Beattie said at the meet the board night a couple of seasons back that our debt was less than £500K and would have been paid off in full but for the bank putting penalty clauses in place for early repayment.

I hope the same journalistic licence has been applied to the away fans. I would be absolutely gutted to hear that we have given it back to away fans.

When David came on to the Board the debt was in the £1.5M region. At the Open Meeting in September 2011 the debt figure was given as £600K and it was stated the club were planning to reduce it by £200K over the next 4 years (£50K per year) which means we are on track with that plan. Personally I hope we can reduce the debt faster now we are in the SPL although I appreciate some people will want to see additional funds going to the playing side.

Personally I hope we can reduce the debt faster now we are in the SPL although I appreciate some people will want to see additional funds going to the playing side.

Is the issue not the massive penalty clauses for paying it off early?

WELL SAID.. lets enjoy the achievements so far and see where we end up.. sick of people on here digging up sh*t about Sevco and Celtic in the stadium and propco or whatever... support the team these guys have an hard enough job without the negative stuff on here

Agreed. Some folk will always slag the Board whatever happens - not worth listening to. The current lot seem to me to have few equals - they have made goodanagerial appointments, signed players at the right times, provided a number of onitiativrs that have put the fans at the centre of what is happening, improved our youth set up, paid down lots of debt, and we're back in the SPL as a result, to a latge extent thanks tp their efforts.

So when i read folk getting angry (or probably just pretending to as no lifers tend to) i think it's really sad.

Mr Beattie's reported comments do rather read like an apology to Celtic fans - I would rather we made the position clear which is that special arrangements have to be made because of fears about their behaviour. We should be condemning this and raising questions about whether they are welcome at our ground.

• Like 1

This thread was meant to be uplifting and encouraging , I think theres too many grumpy old men here !! or else maybe even worse , grumpy young men , who will never see the positive side to anything !!! The board deserve a huge vote of confidence as do all at Firhill !!

Don't necessarily disagree with you but think you are being a bit of a hypocrite here. I remember you telling us that Archie wasn't the right man for the job after taking 7 points from his first 3 games.

So be careful before jumping on your high horse.