David Beattie

Harry Wragg

surely the JHS was busiest because of the child restrictions. They couldn't wait to get in NS when told to move.

I don't think so. Fact is that most Thistle fans choose to sit in the JH because it's the best stand at Firhill.

To be fair, last season I went in the NS when shorty wasn't at the game and went in the JHS when he was. I like both things, as Vic and Bob once said 'I love the Argos catalogue. I thought you loved egg nogg? You can like more than one thing can't you?'

That's a very good point about the numbers on the petition. And it is very true to say that most fans won't have known about.

His comments today were patronising to say the least. He is fully aware how many people are really pissed off about this but dismisses it as "a few". He clearly isn't an idiot given he runs a successful business, why is he willingly disenfranchising a very significant proportion of his 'customers'? I wouldn't expect that from someone with a successful business, would he discontinue a product in his bakery that was bought by 25%+ of his customers each day if he didn't really have to?

Aye - Coco Cowan-esque. Depressing.

Beattie could (and should) have told Celtic to narf off.

Why wasn't this done?

It would make for very awkward visits when they need to sit around the hospitality table at Parkhead.

To what would he be telling hem to naff off? Has he made any concession to Celtic? I'm not aware that he has.

surely the JHS was busiest because of the child restrictions. They couldn't wait to get in NS when told to move.

I don't think so. I would think that most people prefer to watch the game from a side on view. If the NS was the stand of choice it would have been much busier every week.

The manager and the players have a job to do and the directors have their job to do. The manager wants more money to sign better players and the bank wants the debt repaid. Mr Beatties job is to keep both happy while trying to keep fans happy. In Archie we trust with the team and in David Beattie we need to trust with the finances, so far he has done little wrong in that respect. Please leave the sevco thing in the past, it is done now move on. The first two home games are against Dundee Un. and Hearts and for different reasons they will both bring big crowds with them, especially Hearts. If moving our fans from the north stand means we can accommodate more away fans then so be it. If the police and Glasgow city council are forcing us to use the main stand for our supporters only then the choice is to keep the north stand for us and have very few away fans in the J H stand, keep our fans happy but not a good business decision. David Beattie is a businessman, for him a no brainier. His fault appears that he did not consult with the One Thistle guys and if so a big mistake on his part.

The other point is that most players are not fans of the club they play for so why do the Chairman and directors have to be fans?

I want Thistle to stay up but most importantly to make as much money as possible, if relegation happens then I will settle for a debt free club in the first division or whatever it is called. It is possible that 2014/2015 season in the first division you could have Rangers, Hearts, Dunfermline and Thistle fighting for promotion and we will need money to compete.

The bottom line is David Beattie wants what we all want, a successful debt free club in the top division, if he has to make unpopular decisions then we have a choice, make our feelings known but accept it or spend the whole season moaning and groaning. The season cannot start soon enough for me so we can get behind the players and return to debating football.

• Like 1

The manager and the players have a job to do and the directors have their job to do. The manager wants more money to sign better players and the bank wants the debt repaid. Mr Beatties job is to keep both happy while trying to keep fans happy. In Archie we trust with the team and in David Beattie we need to trust with the finances, so far he has done little wrong in that respect. Please leave the sevco thing in the past, it is done now move on. The first two home games are against Dundee Un. and Hearts and for different reasons they will both bring big crowds with them, especially Hearts. If moving our fans from the north stand means we can accommodate more away fans then so be it. If the police and Glasgow city council are forcing us to use the main stand for our supporters only then the choice is to keep the north stand for us and have very few away fans in the J H stand, keep our fans happy but not a good business decision. David Beattie is a businessman, for him a no brainier. His fault appears that he did not consult with the One Thistle guys and if so a big mistake on his part.

The other point is that most players are not fans of the club they play for so why do the Chairman and directors have to be fans?

I want Thistle to stay up but most importantly to make as much money as possible, if relegation happens then I will settle for a debt free club in the first division or whatever it is called. It is possible that 2014/2015 season in the first division you could have Rangers, Hearts, Dunfermline and Thistle fighting for promotion and we will need money to compete.

The bottom line is David Beattie wants what we all want, a successful debt free club in the top division, if he has to make unpopular decisions then we have a choice, make our feelings known but accept it or spend the whole season moaning and groaning. The season cannot start soon enough for me so we can get behind the players and return to debating football.

Not a lot wrong with that. The only danger is that if we get several big away supports and they all go into the north stand, then we are basically surrendering what was generally acknowledged as an advantage by the team, manager(s), press, and Thistle support, namely a great vocal support behind the goal. It's almost certain that this will flatten the atmosphere at the matches, at least from the home support.

Now if only we could get a city-end stand built and just forget about the excellent main stand.......

Edited by Jaggernaut

Again

Total short term thinking. You obviously have no idea about the future implications of this decision. OK, so we make a bit extra this season, but at what cost? The number of our own fans who are deeply unhappy about this decision could have longer term effects. In 2 years time the extra money from these away supports will all be gone, and we will be relying on our own fans to keep stumping up for season tickets, strips, 50/50 draw tickets etc.

We've seen first hand, in the last decade, what can happen when the fans are unhappy. They simply stop turning up.

If we start putting short term financial gain over long term customer satisfaction, the implications will be far more alarming than missing out on one or two big pay days against Celtic.

• Like 2

Yes I would agree that a city end stand for the home support would be ideal. I also think that getting rid of a long term debt is not a short term financial gain. I have had the privilege of being a Thistle supporter for over 60 years and my wish is that many on this forum will have the same.

Have the SPL not said in the past that they would consider allowing terraced, or at least safe standing areas? I have said it before, but we really should look at building a terrace like those at each end of the Pirelli Stadium. One of those ends has a low roof that would be great for recreating the atmosphere of the North End last season. I know the club only owns 49% of the land, but the other 51% are owned chiefly by the board and they're currently making zilch on that land.

Small terracing but raised for a decent view. Would be ideal.

David Beattie? Spoiling all his good work with muddled statements that, once you've had a crack code squad decipher them, suggest he's out of touch with many Thistle supporters. He's making me feel uncomfortable...

Anyway, perhaps more urgently, stuck away out of sight on the main forum, Rab needs one minute of your time for his petition. Jags fans stick together.

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/8109-petition-to-create-respite-facilities-for-disabled-young-adults-with-life-shortening-conditions/

↓ The A to Z of Independence - Sorting myth from fact ↓

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-opinion/4341-a-unionist-lexicon-an-a-z-of-unionist-scare-stories-myths-and-misinformation

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

People like uberteeb yodajag and ianmac talking a lot of sense.

As pointed out by Ianmac and others before, EVERYONE needs to look at the bigger picture and longer term past a couple of games ( or who knows how many may be under threat, not just the games against the parkshite mob) .

This is an issue that could impact severely on the club, should they go down the road of pissing off those who attend Firhill every second week, those who buy merchandise, programmes, who buy 50/50 tickets, sponsor players and other things that put regular money into Thistle. And all to please and accommodate a few fire raising bigots!!!

So yes, lets all take a moment to think about this and whether its only a few folk getting their knickers in a twist over a trivial issue and we should all just be grateful and shut up.

One other point. The proposed stand at city end in Propco plans is little more than a glorified elongated bus stop, only a few rows deep capable of holding 250 to 300 at most. Not exactly meeting our needs I would suggest.

One other point. The proposed stand at city end in Propco plans is little more than a glorified elongated bus stop, only a few rows deep capable of holding 250 to 300 at most. Not exactly meeting our needs I would suggest.

Don't think it was even as much as that.

From what I remember, the planned development would totally cut off South Drive.

All that was proposed at the City End was a walkway which fans would use to access the JH. Had that gone through, I don't think anyone would be allowed to view the match from there. Would be a pretty bad view in any case.

I purchased my season ticket last week and asked one of the people in the office about the north stand seating arrangements.

I was told only against Celtic will we be moved.

I hope that's correct. All this has been allowed to go on and on because our chariman seems incapable of making a clear and simple statement. Was this deliberate or is he just no good at making himself clear?

If true this will still no doubt satisfy everyone but I think it's acceptable - but only assuming the police are imposing this on us - as we'll get the NS for all other games.

On the subject of the initial and proposed Propco developments displayed in the Aitken suite in 2010, there was a 300 seater stand at the City End.

Developments at the City End shouldn't be our concern at the moment, making sure we consolidate in the SPL and getting rid of our debt, as soon as possible should be.

Does it really have to be said again that putting away fans in the North Stand and home fans in the Main Stand does not make the club more money, they hold around the same number of people. The comments about doing it for the finances of the club are simply untrue.

This is not a police state, we can challenge their recommendations, we can do the same to Glasgow City Council. But of course we aren't doing this beyond a discussion that ended with Thistles saying "yeah ok we'll do what you want".

Either that stand is safe or it isn't. If it is safe for home fans it is safe for away fans. If it is safe for the other 10 away supports it is safe for Celtic as well. We are being told that Celtic are not going in there because they are uniquely a fire risk. The reason they are a fire risk is because they bring illegal items into games. How about the police stop them breaking the law?

We do not have to accomodate Celtic fans in the North Stand, we simply do not have to do this, David Beattie is choosing to do this. For that reason he is a spineless short sighted idiot. You can add patronising to those adjectives in light of this most recent interview. His explanations in the media are pathetic. The statements from the club have been pathetic. The replies to direct enquiries were pathetic.

Can you imagine the Anfield Road End was more of a fire risk and the police told Liverpool that when flare happy Man Utd fans come to Anfield they must go in The Kop. What would happen? This is what is happening here, the fact we are talking about smaller numbers and a smaller team is irrelevant.

The football club that I have supported all my life, the football club who I spend eye watering sums of money watching all over the country are telling me to shift my arse for the benefit of Celtic. That is what has happened to everyone who went in the North Stand last season. What kind of 'customer' service is that?

• Like 6

• Members

Why do folk always take the worst scenario as what's actually going to happen. I posted a couple of weeks ago that it's only for the Celtic game we wont be in the North Stand, re-affirmed today by NS. Yet folk still would rather slate the Club and Beattie by insisting it's for all games. How about we wait until the Dundee United game and then if it's the United fans only allowed in the North Stand, mump and moan about it then?

The football club that I have supported all my life, the football club who I spend eye watering sums of money watching all over the country are telling me to shift my arse for the benefit of Celtic. That is what has happened to everyone who went in the North Stand last season. What kind of 'customer' service is that?

No real need to answer that question. I'd suggest there's a lack of customer service on two counts. The first as above and secondly after the so called "fait accompli". It's bad enough to get double booked on a holiday/airplane but you'd expect customer service to kick in after any inconvenience. I don't think anyone would be too chuffed to be just told "tough luck" by the holiday company/airline.

Why do folk always take the worst scenario as what's actually going to happen. I posted a couple of weeks ago that it's only for the Celtic game we wont be in the North Stand, re-affirmed today by NS. Yet folk still would rather slate the Club and Beattie by insisting it's for all games. How about we wait until the Dundee United game and then if it's the United fans only allowed in the North Stand, mump and moan about it then?

Again, it's all about the way these things are communicated Will. People may have been told face to face that it's only for the Celtic game, but that has never been clarified officially. Beattie has done many interviews, and had plenty of opportunities to tell us that it's only Celtic who will get the North Stand. So why has he not done this?

Why are office staff telling fans what they want to hear on an individual basis? For a start, probably to save themselves from being drawn in to an argument. And obviously, they want to make sure that they get your season ticket money there and then.

To be honest, at the moment I just don't trust anything that's being said, as I know fine well that the board can go back on their word when it suits them.

When me and Dave were first consulted on the North Stand move, we were promised that the North Stand would be ours and we wouldn't be moved for anyone. Had we not been given this assurance we wouldn't have got involved. The reason we asked for this assurance was precisely to avoid the situation that we now find ourselves in. So excuse me for not being too confident in the new promises being made by the club regarding the North Stand.

• Like 4

Everything I've said applies solely to being moved for Celtic and has been written under the assumption that we are only being moved for Celtic. That is bad enough.

But of course the club have done themselves no favours by not officially stating anywhere that it is only for Celtic. If it's for more than that I'm not buying a season ticket.

Again, it's all about the way these things are communicated Will. People may have been told face to face that it's only for the Celtic game, but that has never been clarified officially. Beattie has done many interviews, and had plenty of opportunities to tell us that it's only Celtic who will get the North Stand. So why has he not done this?

Why are office staff telling fans what they want to hear on an individual basis? For a start, probably to save themselves from being drawn in to an argument. And obviously, they want to make sure that they get your season ticket money there and then.

To be honest, at the moment I just don't trust anything that's being said, as I know fine well that the board can go back on their word when it suits them.

When me and Dave were first consulted on the North Stand move, we were promised that the North Stand would be ours and we wouldn't be moved for anyone. Had we not been given this assurance we wouldn't have got involved. The reason we asked for this assurance was precisely to avoid the situation that we now find ourselves in. So excuse me for not being too confident in the new promises being made by the club regarding the North Stand.

All this is making me feel that as a season ticket holder and having severe doubts about attending any game involving the ugly

sisters it will now be very easy for me not to attend the Celtic game,it goes against the grain but if a real stand was made here I reckon things would change re the North Stand.