Tag Membership On Offishul Site

Norgethistle

Guest fredthecheesecloth

The nomads certainly do get a mention.

Each group identified will select 2 members to go forward. I'd imagine it will be the guys showing most enthusiasm and who will best represent the thoughts of the bus/group.

This is a real chance to allow more fans to contribute past simply being a keyboard gangster on the forum. I am right behind it.

Just noticed this on the news article about the TAG

"To help build that relationship we are currently in the process of forming the Partick Thistle Supporters Federation."

Now was not the Jags Trust name???

I believe the Supporters Federation was a collection of various groups (this was before I was aware of such things!) in the past, before the Trust got it's constitution.

The nomads certainly do get a mention.

Each group identified will select 2 members to go forward. I'd imagine it will be the guys showing most enthusiasm and who will best represent the thoughts of the bus/group.

This is a real chance to allow more fans to contribute past simply being a keyboard gangster on the forum. I am right behind it.

I am right behind it too, my question was simply out of curiosity and not criticism.

Aaagghh Ijust lost the contents of a longer post as I used my Kindle earlier.

I will contact the Club on this again later this week.

In the meantime I suggest an edit to the OS to give the Nomads their name. We would not wish to suggest it was being dropped.

I really fear that the apparent exclusion of a major shareholder (the Jags Trust) is short-sighted and storing up problems for the future. Whatever the cause, it's introducing avoidable conflict into the heart of a corporate environment.

Excluding the not fit for purpose 'trust' should be positively encouraged!

• Like 1

The Trust seems to exist only in name. What have they actually done in the past few seasons? They've certainly communicated very little.

Just this season the Trust sponsored Manager's page in the programme, Manager's top, 2 players tops, paid for a new physio table for Kenny Crichton/the club, paid 50% towards Stevie Lawless' operation on his cheek. Also ran Christmas raffle in conjunction with Community Central Halls, sponsored a team in the Firhill Cup and made donations to several local groups/charities.

There was a newsletter sent out with election paperwork to members who had renewed this year and there will be a similar one that will be sent out with AGM paperwork to all members (inc lapsed) in August.

• Like 1

Good effort from the trust, just a shame no-one ever hears about it and the trust seems to make no effort to engage with anyone outwith their wee club.

The last I heard from the trust was at the meeting at Glasgow University when it was clear that they were unhappy that Beattie/Allan were focussing on professionalism to the detriment of allowing the trust member a place at the table. The trust representation (at least those particularly vocal members in the audience who tried their best to ruin a constructive meeting; surprisingly also the ones who remained in office after that meeting) made it clear that they were unwilling to compromise with the board for the benefit of Partick Thistle, a decision which also resulted in the decent people driving the trust at the time to walk away from it all. I can't say I blame them.

Amazingly, I don't think anyone's missed the trust since that day. It's nothing more than a wee supporters club which happens (unfortunately) to have been gifted 1m shares by people who hoped it would become something better. Which it should have.

It's amazing to think how badly all parties privileged enough to be given 1m shares and regarded as the custodians of our club have managed that responsibility...

• Like 4

Regarding TAG branches I wonder if there is any desire to increase the number/range of these

Right now they seem to be the buses, with North Stand, Nomads and kids but I would hazard a guess this leaves many gaps remaining in our group. It seems you will be 'assigned' to these groups based on your postcode but would imagine things like University branches and a South Side branch would be a good idea

I really like the idea of what they are trying to do and hope it is a success. This may take a number of months but it potentially makes us unique in Scotland and could make a huge difference to way the club operates and how the fans view the club.

Regarding TAG branches I wonder if there is any desire to increase the number/range of these

Right now they seem to be the buses, with North Stand, Nomads and kids but I would hazard a guess this leaves many gaps remaining in our group. It seems you will be 'assigned' to these groups based on your postcode but would imagine things like University branches and a South Side branch would be a good idea

I really like the idea of what they are trying to do and hope it is a success. This may take a number of months but it potentially makes us unique in Scotland and could make a huge difference to way the club operates and how the fans view the club.

Additional Branches will be positively encouraged and Supported - Branches are not required to run a Bus - people can either be in there local Branch or assigned to a Branch of there Choice eg North Stand ,Uni Branch etc

Additional Branches will be positively encouraged and Supported - Branches are not required to run a Bus - people can either be in there local Branch or assigned to a Branch of there Choice eg North Stand ,Uni Branch etc

Thanks for the clarification JJ.

Few questions I would have

1) I signed up for TAG right after Morton game and have my TAG number. However I have never been asked for payment details, confirmation of being a season ticket holder e.g. I also noticed just there that the club have put a 30th June deadline for payment to be in line to win tickets to Barcelona. Am I missing something regarding this?

2) What are the procedures, if it has been decided, for starting up a new branch?

Intergalactic branches?

Thanks for the clarification JJ.

Few questions I would have

1) I signed up for TAG right after Morton game and have my TAG number. However I have never been asked for payment details, confirmation of being a season ticket holder e.g. I also noticed just there that the club have put a 30th June deadline for payment to be in line to win tickets to Barcelona. Am I missing something regarding this?

2) What are the procedures, if it has been decided, for starting up a new branch?

Point 1 - will check and get something on the OS Point 2 - early days yet but I would imagine - minimal number of members - point of contact etc etc - nothing too heavy and also cant clash with existing Branch - als will try and keep numbers of Branches within manageable scope - but all early days and people will have an input as much as possible - only rule (Yoda Jag ) you must be on Planet Earth (that rules out a fair few Forum Members :D

Point 1 - will check and get something on the OS Point 2 - early days yet but I would imagine - minimal number of members - point of contact etc etc - nothing too heavy and also cant clash with existing Branch - als will try and keep numbers of Branches within manageable scope - but all early days and people will have an input as much as possible - only rule (Yoda Jag ) you must be on Planet Earth (that rules out a fair few Forum Members :D

Thanks JJ, i :yoda: have dual residency for Dagobah and Earth, so presume that should cover me ok.

Don't know about all the other space cadets though :crazy:

Good effort from the trust, just a shame no-one ever hears about it and the trust seems to make no effort to engage with anyone outwith their wee club....

Indeed, excluding the support of the Jags Trust for the club from official communications, even where it's significant (e.g. medical treatment for Stevie Lawless) is adding insult to injury - in the form of not giving shares to the Trust as was publicly agreed by the club's board. If sticking to your word between clubs is desirable, then should it be even more so within the same club?

It would be open to the board to renegotiate, especially since it obviously has the whip hand (rather like Dundee United!), but ignoring the Trust smacks of petulance, and in the circumstances comments about other clubs leaves the board open to charges of hypocrisy.

(A change in the makeup of the board does not remove duties to stand by promises.)

The trust pretty much killed itself off with the abolition/forced take over of the 1876 club.

If the trust wants to be involved in this new supporters federation, then they should be trying to justify their place to other supporters. They do not have a god given right to be a part of it.

The North West bus have been represented so that should pretty much cover all the main movers and shakers of the JT in any case.

Indeed, excluding the support of the Jags Trust for the club from official communications, even where it's significant (e.g. medical treatment for Stevie Lawless) is adding insult to injury - in the form of not giving shares to the Trust as was publicly agreed by the club's board.

Fearchar, i would suggest the issues you have, if you want them discussed, would be better served on a new thread?

i don't really understand what it's got to do with TAG.

1)The trust pretty much killed itself off with the abolition/forced take over of the 1876 club.

2)If the trust wants to be involved in this new supporters federation, then they should be trying to justify their place to other supporters. They do not have a god given right to be a part of it.

The North West bus have been represented so that should pretty much cover all the main movers and shakers of the JT in any case.

1) Which was an open vote to all members of the Trust at the time.

2)The Trust does not think it has a 'god given right' to be part of the supporters federation and has never suggested it should be. However, it would surely only take two people who signed up to TAG to create a Trust 'branch'?

I am missing something here. The TAG announcement reads to me about getting new groups involved, not existing ones like Jags Trust or One Thistle. I think some folk are trying to make an issue out of nothing. I am not interested in the politics at the club, but I am of the opinion that if you are not contributing to the development of the Supporters Federation(or other initiatives), you don't have the right to criticise