Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

I noticed that he didn't figure in their weekend squad again, and wondered if he was injured. Is he still under contract? I'd also take him back in a flash.

Dont think he has figured in any squad since he was hauled off at H/T in the SCS when they were 3 (and it could have been 6) down against Falkirk. If Hibs want to let him go for nowt, we will gladly have him back!!

I noticed that he didn't figure in their weekend squad again, and wondered if he was injured. Is he still under contract? I'd also take him back in a flash.

Cairney is not injured, just dropped from the Hibs first team squad. Fenlon's comments suggest that he will have fight hard to win his place back.

We should nip in and try and sign Connoly Junior from under the noses of the DABs. Give QP some compensation, maybe even play a friendly at Hampden.

I feel it could be beneficial to have an arrangement with QP over players. We could loan them young players on the fringes of the first team squad and in exchange we could get first shout on their promising players.

Not just Connolly but Shankland who United are trying to sign as well. That would be a great coup
  • Like 1

• Members

(Incidentally does anybody else find it strange that on a Thistle website the word Partick comes up a a mis-spelling?)

That's your browser, not the site. Try right clicking on the word and see if you get an option to 'add to dictionary'.

Saunders released by Motherwell today, we'd now be able to sign him if we wish.

Also saw somewhere hat we were interested in Geggan from Dunfermline. Would be a decent signing.

Not sure about Geggan, relegated last two seasons with Ayr and Dunfermline. At Dumbarton and Morton(?) before. On a positive notes seems popular with fans of his own team. Not really noticed him before.

Geggan is a good wee player. Wouldn't mind signing him as a squad player in the SPL. Not the type of signing we are all after though.

Not any time I watched him. He's a Darren Brady type player, gives 100% but is very limited and prone to a nasty tackle or two. Was absolutely woeful against Alloa on Sunday. I would take him in Div1 as a squad player but the SPL would be beyond him. He'll either stay at Pars or end up back at Ayr.

Edited by GrantB

Keep reading posts about this player or that player not being good enough for the SPHELL but ok for the 1st division , bollocks !!! From what I've seen of the so called top flight lately there isn't a great deal of difference between the two , in fact given the competitive set up (no play offs -UP ) IMO the 1st is better , i'm noticing also that quite a few in the top div are looking to sign from the 1st , our 2 stars of last year are a prime example , so please guys , lets not get carried away with thinking we have some sort of judgemental authority on who is or isn't top flight material, one man doesn't make a team !!!

So the fact Dundee had a very strong division one team, got promoted, strengthened, and was still not good enough for the SPL has no bearing on your opinion. Yes, the SPL isn't la liga but its certainly a big step up. More so over a season. On a one off cup game I'm sure some first division teams could do ok, but over a season there is a big difference.

So the fact Dundee had a very strong division one team, got promoted, strengthened, and was still not good enough for the SPL has no bearing on your opinion. Yes, the SPL isn't la liga but its certainly a big step up. More so over a season. On a one off cup game I'm sure some first division teams could do ok, but over a season there is a big difference.

Not sure that last season's Dundee is a very good example given they stumbled through the door into the SPL at the last moment after a summer planning for Division One. Ross County, the previous First Division champions, are perhaps a better example of what can be achieved.

Ross County were struggling before strengthening significantly in January. But I agree that we need incremental improvement rather than a complete overhaul - we have a good young team who will continue to get better.

County were already in the middle of their unbeaten run by Jan. Don't really remember them splashing out that much in Jan. They got all the ex ICT guys in during the summer (Vigurs, Munro, Frazer etc) and built from there.

County were already in the middle of their unbeaten run by Jan. Don't really remember them splashing out that much in Jan. They got all the ex ICT guys in during the summer (Vigurs, Munro, Frazer etc) and built from there.

Vigurs has been at County for about 4 years. He scored a cracker at Firhill last season when they beat us 1-0.

Vigurs has been at County for about 4 years. He scored a cracker at Firhill last season when they beat us 1-0.

County have just announced that nine players have re-signed but Vigurs is not one of them.

"Michael Fraser, Mihael Kovacevic, Grant Munro, Branislav Micic, Rocco Quinn, Stuart Kettlewell, Alex Cooper, Steven Ross and Gary Glen all have new deals."

County have just announced that nine players have re-signed but Vigurs is not one of them.

"Michael Fraser, Mihael Kovacevic, Grant Munro, Branislav Micic, Rocco Quinn, Stuart Kettlewell, Alex Cooper, Steven Ross and Gary Glen all have new deals."

Hmm. No Scott Boyd...? Might he hanker for a return to the Jags now that we're back in the SPL?

Geggan is a good wee player. Wouldn't mind signing him as a squad player in the SPL. Not the type of signing we are all after though.

Did Geggan play on the right wing for Dunfermline when they played us at Firhill a couple of weeks ago? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the squad, because he caused more than a few problems that day.