Chris Erskine

DUFCFAN

That could do Erskine's confidence a lot of good. Maybe he'll start being as brilliant for the arabs as he was for us.

I hope not.

Erskine replaced Gauld who also scored and Cifti scored the other two. GMS started this afternoon so I can't see Chris starting unless they are injured or sold in January.

Happy for Chris Erskine, coming on and getting a goal today. Good on him.

Yeah, well done Chris. Hope he goes on to do ok for Dundee United, but no more than that! It would've been great to see what he could have done as a Jags player in the SPL, I think he'd have done well and there's very little chance of him doing as well as a bit-part player at United. But that was his choice.

Besides, if he plays well against us, or *shudder* scores against us at any point, he'll be nothing but a complete barsteward.

We actually have a "keane" figure (obviously not in Keane's class) in Osbourne. He should have started on Saturday. By the time he came on the game was really beyond us. Not saying we might not have got beat anyway (especially with Gabriel's blunders) but we wouldn't have got over run so easily in midfield.

As for a forward, rather silly joke, we all know good forwards cost money and we don't have any. We've done well to bring in Higginbotham who although not an out and out centre forward looks like he's got goals in him. With luck we may be able to bring in a decent loan player in january but until then we go with what we've got.

So far we've strugggled against Aberdeen and (for one half at least) against Motherwell - 2 teams expected to end up in the top 3 or 4 this season. We've not only done OK but have even looked good against the teams we've played so far below them. I'd expect we'll continue to do well against the teams that will end up in the bottom 6 - we won't beat them all the time but we will take points off them.

With Hearts 16 points behind and us having a decent start of 8 points - if we end up the first quarter in double figures (which it looks very likely we'll do comfortably) that will be a good start. By then the team will know what this leagues about and the manager too will know more about his players at this level. I also think he'll maybe know about how to play certain teams and that some players might be better against some opposition than others.

V good prediction!

Well at least we would have more than a lone striker plus Christie Elliott (who is better now but still sh#t) wouldn't be the first choice sub.

To be fair ur question is a good one but maybe it's more about our tactics than anything and the reason we haven't picked up many points at home. How about the number 7 jersey shared between craigan and lawless for a change? Changes a lot and both are out of form although I do like craigan.

Moot point anyway.

Edited by kennymac29

Well at least we would have more than a lone striker plus Christie Elliott (who is better now but still sh#t) wouldn't be the first choice sub.

To be fair ur question is a good one but maybe it's more about our tactics than anything and the reason we haven't picked up many points at home. How about the number 7 jersey shared between craigan and lawless for a change? Changes a lot and both are out of form although I do like craigan.

Moot point anyway.

I think Higginbotham has had a couple of good games, but has not shown up in every game. So for me, he would be a candidate for Erskine to replace.

• Like 1

I think Higginbotham has had a couple of good games, but has not shown up in every game. So for me, he would be a candidate for Erskine to replace.

I think higgy has been with great since signing him BUT doesn't score many goals although erskine may not have given the league step up.

We will never know but I don't think we wouldnt have been half the team we were last year without chris erskine. Hes the reason I came to some games was him and I wish him luck.

Edited by kennymac29

Lets just forget Chris Erskine, he's gone and I very much doubt he'll be back anytime soon, we've got forwards who are paid to put the ball in the net and recently they haven't been doing it for a number of reasons, the most obvious one being that we are in a different league now and up against better defenders who are paid to stop forwards from scoring . We all just need to get behind the lads we've got and not be expecting too much from them , the aim this season is and will remain to be survival , anything else will simply be a bonus, C'mon the Jags !!

• 2 months later...