All-Ticket Love Street - Short On Notice And Customer Care

CCjag

It seems ridiculous that the announcement that the St Mirren march is all-ticket for Jags fans (a bizarre decision in itself) was made 1 hour and three minutes before an open sale commenced.

It was surely not decided overnight and hardly requires the degree of urgency afforded to the procedure.

Most people need to make special arrangements to get up to Firhill between 10 am and 4 pm (the sales hours for today), and while I do not see us going near selling out the 1600+ allocation, they could, in theory, be all gone before many regulars get the opportunity to go and buy their tickets.

Surely some alternative, like putting them on sale from the kiosk at the rear of the JH Stand pre and post the Cowdenbeath game would have been preferable. Not only would this have given more notice, it might also have encouraged a few more to turn up for the League Cup tie?

Edited by CCjag

It is annoying that the decision is late, that delay may have come from St Mirren though. It isn't that big an issue though, presumably you can order by phone and collect later in the week?

One issue is that ST holders are not given first dibs, I had thought that was a benefit of having a season ticket? I suppose this could be down to the lateness of the decision from St Mirren.

This seems to be one of those things the club will get moaned at when in the grand scheme of things none of this really matters.

I've got a season ticket and couldn't really care less that there's no priority sale. It's not as if they're going to sell out very quickly so there's little point in inconveniencing those who for whatever reason can't afford or choose not to buy a season ticket.

• Like 3

What I would like clarity on is why season ticket holders are not being given priority in the sale?

Surely as the club's most loyal fans we shoud have the right to buy before the 'out the woodwork' pay at the gate fans?

Surely the supporters busses should have priority over season ticket holders as they go to most away games.

ha ha.

Only the Jags fans on here could whinge about the club trying to sell more tickets than we need, for an away game that is happening in just 10 days time, going on sale immediately to anyone that wants them.

The most loyal fans will presumably do whatever they need to do to show just how loyal they are by being at the front of the queue at 09:59.

:frantic:

• Like 3

This seems to be one of those things the club will get moaned at when in the grand scheme of things none of this really matters.

I've got a season ticket and couldn't really care less that there's no priority sale. It's not as if they're going to sell out very quickly so there's little point in inconveniencing those who for whatever reason can't afford or choose not to buy a season ticket.

Absolutely no problem. I love spending money on diesel on 80 mile journey to pick up tickets. It's great fun.

They send out discount and one off tickets for matches to folk that maybe had no intention of going or couldn't go. They send them out when we have home games and could easily have been collected wasting not inconsiderable postage costs. Now with no home game and plenty of days re posting they don't offer a postage service.

Sorry for the rant and this is really just a grumble for the sake of it. I shouldn't be having a go at the Club that can't run a raffle and expect them to know when they should offer postage delivery. Besides if I drive real slow I'll save on a litre of diesel and only cost me about £11.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Every league game at St Mirren is all ticket for away fans regardless of the estimated travelling support. thats what they do, nothing to do with us.

Fans then scan their ticket at the gate, so they can operate without stewards on the away gates.

i take it Thistle dont think we will sell out the 1600 hence why its a free for all...

if folk are going to moan, at least moan about something deserving of your ire.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

Only the Jags fans on here could whinge about the club trying to sell more tickets than we need, for an away game that is happening in just 10 days time, going on sale immediately to anyone that wants them.

Hmm. I hadn't decided if I'd be able to go to this game as yet; but now I have to decide and come down to Glasgow as soon as possible and personally pick up a ticket between 10 and 4 on a weekday.

Are you certain that's more tickets than we need? So I can wait until the Friday before the match and there will definitely be tickets left? And I'm a full-time student so someone else can't pick one up for me.

What a stupid decision. And what a stupid f**king post.

edit: we took "a little under 2,000" to the craphole of Cappielow last season; whilst that was an important match, this is a match on the same route and closer, and I'm sure many people are like me and have not been to the new St Mirren stadium.

If every game at their stadium is all ticket for away fans, then it's a bloody shame they weren't on sale last Friday night. St Mirren not want to sell as many tickets as they can?

Edited by peagreenboy

Every league game at St Mirren is all ticket for away fans regardless of the estimated travelling support. thats what they do, nothing to do with us.

Fans then scan their ticket at the gate, so they can operate without stewards on the away gates.

i take it Thistle dont think we will sell out the 1600 hence why its a free for all...

if folk are going to moan, at least moan about something deserving of your ire.

This is deserving! I too now have to decide whether I can afford the time and the diesel to drive 80 miles to Glasgow and back for tickets for a game which I really want to go to and which, apparently, was ALWAYS going to be all ticket so that arrangements could have been made well in advance. Maybe I should ask the club to use the P&P I paid for my season ticket, which I then had to collect, to send me tickets for this match?
  • Like 1

This is deserving! I too now have to decide whether I can afford the time and the diesel to drive 80 miles to Glasgow and back for tickets for a game which I really want to go to and which, apparently, was ALWAYS going to be all ticket so that arrangements could have been made well in advance. Maybe I should ask the club to use the P&P I paid for my season ticket, which I then had to collect, to send me tickets for this match?

I was going to try that as well.

I live and work in Glasgow and getting to Firhill between 10am-4pm on a weekday is a pain in the hole, real issue for the regulars who live away.

I think if you want a ticket you will get one. If there was only 1000, I'm sure it would be season tickets first. I can't make this game so would be ashame if a non-season ticket holder got put off going when there's enough tickets for all.

To an extent it's actually good to get non-season ticket holders going to games regularly, just hopefully to Firhill.

I don't think the decision is that late. Pretty sure we gave Hearts fans less time.