Inverness Fixture Switch

read'n'yell

Our away fixture with Inverness Caledonian Thistle, originally scheduled for Saturday October 19th, has been selected by Sky Sports for live broadcast.

The fixture will now take place on Sunday October 20th with a 12:45pm kick-off.

... Makes sense to move our (pretty much) furthest away game to an even earlier time. Guessing our support for this game will be small.

Another flight cancelled then for me and my Caley supporting mate from Stavanger, only booked them yesterday!!!!! Thank F*** I have the refund change option or that was £200 lost for both me and my mate.

Aberdeen game now this game, thankfully I am home for 2 weeks so shouldn't be possible to mess up all 5 of the resonably local games, but knowing my luck those games will be snowed off

I know we're at the mercy of TV companies as this is where most of the income comes from these days but Doncaster & co really are letting take the pi$$.

These should have been announced after first round of games up until Xmas fixtures. Then come start of December they get to pick to the split.

It's hardly rocket science & funny how the EPL clubs all know what games will be in between now & December.

Doncaster is clueless. He's not looking after the interests of his member clubs.

It surely can't look good to have a couple of thousand folk rattling about on a Monday night at Pittodrie?

Now you'll have a near non existent away support at Inverness as an early Sunday ko.

Looking good as a product to sell in the future Neil!!

I know we're at the mercy of TV companies as this is where most of the income comes from these days but Doncaster & co really are letting take the pi$$.

These should have been announced after first round of games up until Xmas fixtures. Then come start of December they get to pick to the split.

It's hardly rocket science & funny how the EPL clubs all know what games will be in between now & December.

Doncaster is clueless. He's not looking after the interests of his member clubs.

It surely can't look good to have a couple of thousand folk rattling about on a Monday night at Pittodrie?

Now you'll have a near non existent away support at Inverness as an early Sunday ko.

Looking good as a product to sell in the future Neil!!

Well he has to do something to prove his comments last year about us all needing sevco are true doesn't he?

Just seen the earliest train from Glasgow doesn't get you into inverness till 14:28.

As the latest flight for me out of Aberdeen if I take the change option for £20 instead of the cancell for £40 would be 17:55 and to catch that flight I would need to get train from Inverness at 12:33 sure as hell not taking a Monday off work, well that'll be nearly £100 in cancelled flights now and it could have been so much worse if I never to the cancel option. F*c*in tv!!!!!!

Edited by Norgethistle

Moan moan moan. What about all the jags fans who couldn't afford to travel to these two games and can now enjoy them on tv :) anyone who booked travel early surely knew the risks associated with this. It was the same with the two Friday night games people came on here in their droves to moan.

Roudjag PSo because you can't afford to travel its ok to change it even though others have forked out for flights or trains?

1JL some of us like these games for a proper weekend, why not choose all fixtures to Xmas in July and up to split in December

The fan no longer is taken into account by clubs, associations or telly

You could argue it makes sense to swap one of our furthest away matches for tv, it would already be one of the matches with fewest travelling fans & allows the majority of fans to see the game rather than 200 or so who would travel.

It also could be said that a ground 70-80% empty looks bad for TV purposes. But either way you can be sure that no serious thought will have gone into this.

• Like 1

You could argue it makes sense to swap one of our furthest away matches for tv, it would already be one of the matches with fewest travelling fans & allows the majority of fans to see the game rather than 200 or so who would travel.

I get what you're saying & the Lady & Norgethistle both gave answers that I agree with but the main thing is do you really think that's what the TV executives thought?

They're sitting down South & probably half of them have no idea where half the teams play in Scotland.

They're still looking for the County of Ross, Raith & a football ground East of Stirling!

Edited by Trotter

Just going to add to this, as a Nomad its great getting to see the games on telly, but I would much prefer ALL games were at 3pm bar 1 once every 2 months on a Sunday, stuff the TV money and get the punters back in the grounds, and I would black out the EPL in Scotland on a Saturday too if we went that road.

Way too much football on the telly, the only ones watching our game in Inverness will be Thistle and Caley fans with it on as background music in most pubs, we're cheating fans from the opportunity of being supporters actually being at the game and supporting the club.

12th man, we will have 12 fans going with how difficult the journey will be, I would must prefer having that 12th man pushing, cheering and supporting our team onto bigger better things AT THE ACTUAL GAME than the TV money, but maybe I'm old fashioned and see football as a supporters sport not a TV series.

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 1

It seems quite straightforward to me where as others have said the fixtures for tv should be published 3 or 4 months in advance.

1. Every week should have a Friday night game. They have proven to be popular. That can be on tv. These should be derby type games to ensure the crowd at game is not damaged.
  2. Majority of games kick off at Saturday 3pm.
  3. Sunday games will be used for teams (Celtic) in European competition where necessary so these would be changed at shorter notice.
  4. Any "risky" games as judged by police can be on earlier at Saturday or Sunday but these would be relatively short say Edinburgh derby.

Typical , this is what happens when you sell your soul to Sky, the punters have absolutely no say and get np conssideration at all. Abssolutely no thought ggiven to how travellong supporters are actually suppossed to get tto the game. As other people have said, Inverness do not attract huge crowds sso the atmosphere is likely to be funereal. Can't think. of any other branch of entertainment that changes its starting tttime with so little notice . mI know I'm whistling in the wind.