Scotland - Belgium

The Cup

**** sake are you really that gullible? Levein did it with Black against Australia. It's a meaningless game so pick some Rangers diddy so the SFA can show the orcs not anti-Rangers.

Ian Black lol. He's so laughably bad even the Rangers fan boo him.

Do you really think Wallace is good enough to play at this level? It was doubtful even when he was playing in the SPL.

Some Rangers fans, that go to the games, are surprised Wallace has been called up and that Stevie Smith could replace him in the Rangers line up.

You need to get some facts right before posting

Wallace is playing well at the moment and has been Rangers most consistent player.

Stevie Smith has no chance of replacing him unless Wallace is to go into Left Mid.

What i agree with is the standard he is facing each week doesn't do him any favours to prepare against Belgium but what level in Scotland would prepare folk to face a team like this.

Strachan is his own man and can be very stubborn and no chance will he pick a player on someone elses say so.

To say otherwise is totally laughable but i can see why you would think this.

Black doesn't get abuse either even if you want to think he does from Rangers fans but does get abuse off most away fans which is normal for the type of pl;ayer he is.

For you to want Scotland to lose in the hope it shows up Wallace isn't up for it is a disgrace and shows you up for what you are.

Try and see past your hatred and back the Scotland players, the mananager etc in the hope we might get a positive result and try and build on good result last time out.

Glasgow has been red and yellow for 24 hours. Felt like I was on an away day after work yesterday with the red n yella Belgians on the train to Hampden for a training session. Can't remember seeing so many away international fans in Glasgow, seen loads of them trooping around town, west end and deep saaaf.

Happy to see Belgium win tonight. With Uruguay still flying high and the emergence of the Belgians we've got the best chance of a diddy nation winning the World Cup since Scotland in 78.

Uruguay ! The only country I want to see England beat. I will never forgive them for the '86 world cup disgrace.

A positive show all round from Scotland, considering the strength of the opposition. Without creating too many (if any at all) clear cut chances, we were still unlucky not to score a goal or two. Whilst Griffiths never really got the chance to do much, he was still the better choice for the lone forward position than Rhodes would have been, Strachan made the right call there for me. However Forrest is comfortably the most overrated player in the country, he will run and run until he gets into the final third where he will put in a complete failure of a cross. Not scapegoating him, I just think he's way above his level in the national team. All round though, I think we can go into future games against weaker opposition feeling positive about ourselves.

Uruguay ! The only country I want to see England beat. I will never forgive them for the '86 world cup disgrace.

And hardly a diddy team given their strike force and two world cups!

Belgium were brilliant tonight. So calm on the ball and De Bruyne looks some player. Saying that I thought we had some decent spells and the last few games have been encouraging

Won't be going back to a Scotland game for a while after last night. Spent 45 minutes in poring rain queuing for pre-booked tickets. A porta-cabin with three windows for thousands of people collecting tickets was a joke. Hundreds missed the start of the game! Sat in the family section with my two sons who are regulars in the Firhill family section. People in our seats wouldn't move, everyone around screaming and swearing at us to sit down. Folk f'n and blinding the whole way through the game, arguments happening all over the place between fans when someone stood up, or people keep hitting people in front of them and more arguments. Percentage of morons at an all time high and that was in the family section!!!!! Won't be returning in a hurry!

Won't be going back to a Scotland game for a while after last night. Spent 45 minutes in poring rain queuing for pre-booked tickets. A porta-cabin with three windows for thousands of people collecting tickets was a joke. Hundreds missed the start of the game! Sat in the family section with my two sons who are regulars in the Firhill family section. People in our seats wouldn't move, everyone around screaming and swearing at us to sit down. Folk f'n and blinding the whole way through the game, arguments happening all over the place between fans when someone stood up, or people keep hitting people in front of them and more arguments. Percentage of morons at an all time high and that was in the family section!!!!! Won't be returning in a hurry!

There seems to be something about Scotland games both home and away that attracts a weird "Can do what I want" mentality, the last time I attended a game was the away game in Oslo where we were beat 4-0 and vowed never to go back and what started as fun before the game rapidly became embarrassing prior to and especially during it (Lots of TA in the Norway end) and it seems the further north the fans come from the worse it was, a load of guys we talked to from Skye & Inverness area ONLY went to Scotland games, and it seemed that was the only time they were allowed out the house. The guys you met from Glasgow, Ayrshire etc knew the limits of decency, but they were all regular fans (Killie, Ayr, Mwell etc), its only a matter of time before there is a serious incident at an away game where the locals take exception to the "Maneuvers" and either them or the police wade in.

Prior to the Croatia game I posted I saw a Saltire in the sky and thought it was an omen for a Scottish win. Guess what I saw one on Sunday. Unfortunately it was in Corfu, so with Greece also having St. Andrew as their patron saint I'm predicting a Greek win on Friday! So bet your house on it!

Ok it was only Lichtenstein but still I was right ( better than Chicofan's tips anyway). Off now to look for some red and yellow in the sky before next Saturday. Not that we'll need it.

Glasgow has been red and yellow for 24 hours. Felt like I was on an away day after work yesterday with the red n yella Belgians on the train to Hampden for a training session. Can't remember seeing so many away international fans in Glasgow, seen loads of them trooping around town, west end and deep saaaf.

I would really like to be please for their supporters - those I met last night were a perfectly affable bunch - but it isn't difficult to support a team as good as the present Belgium side. I just wonder where they have all come from. Five years ago they were playing home fixtures in half empty stadiums, being skelped on a fairly regular basis and once brought something like seven supporters with them to an away fixture against Armenia.

And hardly a diddy team given their strike force and two world cups!

Belgium were brilliant tonight. So calm on the ball and De Bruyne looks some player. Saying that I thought we had some decent spells and the last few games have been encouraging

I thought Brown and , in particular, Mulgrew did very well in midfield. The performance was a vast improvement on those put in against Serbia and Macedonia while Levein was still in charge.

I expected us to get beat but at least we gave the Belgians a game. Thinking that way tells its own story though. A few years ago most of us would have expected Scotland to beat Belgium at home, so to see where they were just a few years ago compared to where they are now underlines just how behind the times we are in terms of developing players in this country.

• Members

Watched the after match analysis last night and thought Pat Nevin hit the nail on the head about Grifiths. Doesn't really make the runs in the box that most strikers do but does score a lot more from further out. Rhodes does make these runs and I thought he looked the more dangerous of the two when he came on.

My 2 pence in the Rhodes v Griffiths debate.

Rhodes is undoubtably the better penalty box striker, but Griffiths does the "dirty work" outside the box which is required for the system Scotland play. Rhodes would thrive with a partner, but Scotland aren't good enough defensively to be able to play 4-4-2, even against "lesser sides". I think both have a future in the team but unfortunately for Rhodes he'll have to wait until we're trailing to see him spring of the bench. The best comparison I could give them is to Kenny Miller(Griffiths) and Kris Boyd(Rhodes) during the Euro 2008 campaign. Miller started most games, unless suspended, and Boyd started the home games against the diddies to fire the goals in.

Both will be out on their backsides when Steven Fletcher get's fully fit.

The France team that came to Hampden were a disaster.

The one that walked all over us in a friendly while playing in reverse gear wasn't. The one that walked all over us and lost 1-0 wasn't that bad either (they should have slaughtered us), but they were well on the descent by then under that useless manager they had. The Italy team in that group wasn't that great either. Spain were the best of the three, but we came closer to getting a result against them than we did against Belgium. I think this Belgium side is exceptionally good.

It was quite funny listening to people on the radio yesterday going on about when we used to gub Belgium. I am 50 and can't remember such a time for the simple reason that looking back, there never was such a time. We've played them 13 times in my life and we've won twice and drawn twice. They've pretty much always been better than us even when we had good players. Someone on Radio Scotland mentioned Kenny Dalglish scoring against them in Belgium. But no-one mentioned that we lost that one 3-2....