Thistle Fans In Your Area

avie-man

You must enjoy Cambuslang then David after spending 14yrs in Camby.

Ever go to the Black Bull for a pint?

Campbell Hughes is a big Thistle fan and also from the Lang so might be a few more of you dotted around

As for me i have only known 3 Thistle fans (2 at school who were brothers and Campbell Hughes who was one of our football coaches in the team i played for many moons ago who loved nothing better than kicking anything wearing blue or green at training)

It's more that I can't escape than liking it.....

Campbell used to do the videos of the Thistle games but there was some kind of falling out and he ended up where many an ex-Jag (player, Director or video dude) does: Stenny.

The Bull isn't quite my cup of tea. If I ever get out it's the Kirkhill.

I did a pub crawl when I first came here which eliminated most of them from any plans of future custom! The worst was the one near the Circuit which is now closed and had a stint as an Indian restaurant for a while: it was one of those places where the clientele stop talking when you walk in and the barman turns the music up so you can't hear the chat (as if I wanted to....). Went into one up at Whitlawburn as well when I was waiting for my daughter while she was at Camglen Radio and found a similar atmosphere. I think they thought I was from the Social.

It's more that I can't escape than liking it.....

Campbell used to do the videos of the Thistle games but there was some kind of falling out and he ended up where many an ex-Jag (player, Director or video dude) does: Stenny.

The Bull isn't quite my cup of tea. If I ever get out it's the Kirkhill.

I did a pub crawl when I first came here which eliminated most of them from any plans of future custom! The worst was the one near the Circuit which is now closed and had a stint as an Indian restaurant for a while: it was one of those places where the clientele stop talking when you walk in and the barman turns the music up so you can't hear the chat (as if I wanted to....). Went into one up at Whitlawburn as well when I was waiting for my daughter while she was at Camglen Radio and found a similar atmosphere. I think they thought I was from the Social.

I knew Campbell was working at Stenny but a shame it came to that with him being such a big Thistle fan.

You were brave going to the pub at the Circuit :)

The one in Whitlawburn is the Lawburn Inn which was more notorious years ago when called the Bel Air and one you would find Campbell Hughes frequenting a few years ago.

Kirkhill bar has always been a decent boozer but not been in it for a while now.

I knew The Bull wouldn't be your cup of tea :D

Edited by billko

I thought you might!

I saw their golf "team" assembling one Saturday morning on my way to the station. Looked like a flute band with clubs rather than instruments!

:lol:

Think it was a charity day and your right it looked like a flute band but with alot more bling

That was last Saturday i seen them and outfits were a bit crazy and they all looked a bit worse for wear.

I'm from Partick and now live in Aberdeen.

Got two pals, one from Ellon, (North of Aberdeen) and one from Faroe Islands ( way north of Aberdeen) who are now Jags thanks to many trips to the big city....one even has a season ticket.

I know another two in Aberdeen and my wife has a guy in her work that is a Jag....

recently I've seen a lot of kids in Partick that wear the new strip.....kids get in free or just the fact that we are in the "big league" I don't know.

I became a Jag at Uni.....sorry for that.

All I know is that this is the best time is many many years to be a Jag....long may it continue.

hopefully, my two daughters are going to Firhill on Saturday for the first time....in the JHS.

This club is special......Mon the Jags.

The Clyde relocation seemed strange to me. I have lived in Cumbernauld for 26 years and know of more Jags fans in the town than Clyde supporters.

I was born in Oakbank Hospital and raised in Raeberry Street before moving on to Balornock. I used to walk through Springburn to Firhill and the number of Jags fans increased along this route.

• Like 1

I'm going to play my wild card and suggest Dunfermline Jag may be from your neck of the woods.

I am not the only one either. At the time of the Scottish Cup semi-final against Rangers there were enough Jags fans in the Dunfermline area to run a mini-bus to the game. Over the past couple of years I have seen 2 or 3 kids wearing Thistle strips in and around the town.

I am not the only one either. At the time of the Scottish Cup semi-final against Rangers there were enough Jags fans in the Dunfermline area to run a mini-bus to the game. Over the past couple of years I have seen 2 or 3 kids wearing Thistle strips in and around the town.

I know of one senior Jags fan living about two miles west of the town.

Was in a wee pub in a village down the east coast of Kintyre and on talking to the barman he said one of their regulars was an avid Thistle fan. Forgot the name of the town but it had a wee fishing port and a boat sadly sunk in the Irish sea back in the 90s?

Got a friend up in Stornoway who is a Jags man. Any other Jags fans up that way?

Was in a wee pub in a village down the east coast of Kintyre and on talking to the barman he said one of their regulars was an avid Thistle fan. Forgot the name of the town but it had a wee fishing port and a boat sadly sunk in the Irish sea back in the 90s?

Got a friend up in Stornoway who is a Jags man. Any other Jags fans up that way?

jagfox, that probably sounds like Carradale - not sure who the Jags fans from there would be though. From my earlier post there is a fair number from Campbeltown which is in Kintyre. There is also a few I believe from Lochgilphead and Ardirishaig

Edited by amsterdam jag

Used to live in paisley . Was a member of erskine supporters bus in the late 70's early 80's Would guess I'm the only jag in Fleetwood. First post by the way.,

Hello FJ. You've just eliminated any need for me to change my forum name to Fylde Coast Jag.

Whereabouts in Fleetwood do you live? Ever go to watch the Cod Army?

Aberdeen Jag, are you John that used to come into the Strathy with us for a pint sometimes before the game with Phil M (who, as far as I know, doesn't go much to the games any more)?

Yep that's me mate. haven't seen Phil for a few years now that you mention it.

I always suspected your face would fit the Blackpool Jag tag too.