Thistle Weir Youth Academy

Derby Jag

All came about through Beattie and the Weirs becoming pals rather than going and begging them for cash.

I wondered why David Beattie was holidaying in Largs :)

Fantastic news indeed. It's always so much harder for a city football club to market themselves as a community club as it is for a town club. With one generous deed and the commitment of a few we've just been successful with that aim. :thumbsup2: .

I only know of 2 donations they've made.

Thistle Youth Academy and Yes Scotland campaign.

Respect innit :clapping:

I think they also paid for a new pitch for Largs Thistle.

Huge thanks to Mr and Mrs Weir for their generosity, and to The King of Spain for taking on the director's role.

This really could make a big, big difference to Thistle's long term future.

Truly brilliant news. :-)

This is the most important pece pf news I've ever heard of regarding Thistle and youth development. Thanks to the generosity of the Weirs, if the club play their cards right ,there's definetly an opportunity to ensure the long term viability of this club in the top reaches of Scottish football. After Campbell,. after "Save the Jags", after Sevcond Division football we're at last going places. Its hard not to be smug but what the heck! This good news undoubtedly means, that Thistle veing Thistle the His will gub us tonight....lol!

• Like 1

This is the most important pece pf news I've ever heard of regarding Thistle and youth development. Thanks to the generosity of the Weirs, if the club play their cards right ,there's definetly an opportunity to ensure the long term viability of this club in the top reaches of Scottish football. After Campbell,. after "Save the Jags", after Sevcond Division football we're at last going places. Its hard not to be smug but what the heck! This good news undoubtedly means, that Thistle veing Thistle the His will gub us tonight....lol!

Great news well done the Weirs

This is fantastic news for the club.

Looking back to where we were this time 2 years ago, it's just incredible to see just how far we've come in such a short time. Mid table 1st division with Saturday afternoon crowds of under 2500. Now back in our rightful place with Archie, Scott and The King Of Spain at the helm and I'm loving it.

Huge thanks to the Weirs for the donation that is probably the most sensible use of 750k that could have been devised. All that left to do this season is to consolidate this current Firhill Feelgood Factor by staying up in this division and continue moving forwards.

What a great prospect this club is becoming...! Delighted!

Mon the Jags! :fan:

Fantastic news. And it clears up the mystery of whether the Weirs were or weren't Thistle fans!

Exactly Jagger....cant remember who it was,but he revelled in telling us all that Mr Weir was a "bluenose" and had no affinity with Thistle and that he would never donate anything to the club. We now have a million reasons to show that was utter bullshit. Mr Weir....you are a legend!!

When I have that dream that I have won the Euromillions I always have the picture that I won,t waste the millions building a massive white elephant 20,000 seater stadium and a team that wins the title for two seasons before the money runs dry and the Jags go bankrupt.

Isn,t that amazing that Colin and Chris Weir have the same dream...uncanny.

ps didn,t they give a million quid to keep the Waverley going.

Edited by topcat