Aberdeen V Partick Thistle, Monday 4 November

jagfox

Mutton molested big style tonight.

Bannigan was atrocious and needs benched for a while.

Yes, we are easy on the eye, but unless Higgy is involved, then we don't look like doing anything. And to be quite honest, if the ball gets near Kris Doolan in the penalty area we should be putting out the bunting. He is feeding on scraps.

SOD - why has he been told to fire balls in from midway in the opposition half when he is quite capable of hitting the byline and put something more dangerous into the box?

• Like 2

4-0 a bit harsh given our second half performance. Aberdeen hadn't really threatened after the break until the third goal.

First three goals were avoidable, that's the most frustrating thing. Had we scored when on top at 2-0 it would have put them under a bit of pressure but sadly wasn't to be.

The game was done at 3-0 at Higgy, Doolan and Craigen were taken off to save legs and possible red card.

Would like to see Lawless come in for Bannigan on Saturday. Must win game.

Good to see McMillan in the squad, and also pleased for Picolo tonight, following his mare at Firhill. Looked a bit nervy at start (understandable) but played well for rest of game. Thought 4-0 was flattering and losing to this Aberdeen team is no disgrace. Roll on Saturday when I think we will get our first home win.

We need a plan B. Yes I love the way we are playing and it's the best football ive seen a jags team play in my time watching them but sometimes it just doesn't work.

Secondly, I said this last week and I stand by it. 1 clean sheet out of 12 games isn't good enough. We need to tighten up at the back. I appreciate this May take away from the style we are playing at the moment but it becomes a lot harder to win a game when you know you'll need two goals at least.

• Like 1

I didn't see the game, so nice to read some comments.

Correct me if I'm wrong but has Gabby played 5 first team games in which we have conceded 13 goals?

I'm not interested in finding a scapegoat and I actually thought he was excellent up at Tannadice but it seems bizarre to have a player with such an awful record! He looks a very decent player at times.

Look people we have only won 1 game in 8.....do people really think Bannigan Welsh some others r doing it lately.....we slaughtered Baird after the Aberdeen game at home and look at the team tonight what's the difference......let's be honest he's not been giving a chance. Some off the players that play off doolan have played most games and not scored a single goal except higgy.

• Like 1

Good to see McMillan in the squad, and also pleased for Picolo tonight, following his mare at Firhill. Looked a bit nervy at start (understandable) but played well for rest of game. Thought 4-0 was flattering and losing to this Aberdeen team is no disgrace. Roll on Saturday when I think we will get our first home win.

piccolo didn't play well. Watch the fourth goal he just stands there

Higgy and craigen are the only players who are creating anything upfront this seaon. Hopefully the substitutions were made to ensure our best hopes along with dools for scoring against st mirren were not sent off or injured. For team spirit though surely bannigan and possibly Welsh should be rested. If I were Forbes, lawless or Kerr and this didnt happen I would be questioning the managers judgement.Already sat is a big game we want people fighting for their places.

Then pay him off.

He's not up to it in our current team.

game was over before he came on. Banningan welsh lawless even muirhead have been awful lately but Baird will always be a scapegoat before then. Not saying he hasn't

deserved quite a bit of criticism for a number of games but lets not ignore insipid performances from some of the others

Jings crivvens, help ma boab, its the end of the world!!! TBH, I'll not be losing any sleep over this we were well and truly beaten by a much more professional team. Aberdeen had a game plan i.e. to stop us playing and hit us on the break, it worked, Archie's didn't end of. The games we have to win are like Saturday's, i'm not going to moan about our lackl of support for Dools, 'cos its been done to death. Respect to anyone who braved a chill November evening, your braver or dafter than me probably a bit of both. Accept it, learn from it and beat St Mirren opn Saturday.

• Like 2

Does Bannigan? I think this is a bit of a myth about Forbes lacking work rate. He doesn't do any less work than most people, fair enough he might not be a 90 minute player.

Sad state of affairs if he's not good enough to play 90 minutes with the coaches we have at the club & full time football.

For what it's worth, Banzo on an off day for me over Forbes. Still a young man remember & eligible for 20s without being an overage player.

Patience.

ETA- no sweeping changes needed yet. One bad game. Balatoni for Piccolo only change in start 11 for Sat!

Edited by Trotter

game was over before he came on. Banningan welsh lawless even muirhead have been awful lately but Baird will always be a scapegoat before then. Not saying he hasn't

deserved quite a bit of criticism for a number of games but lets not ignore insipid performances from some of the others

Agreed.

But what evidence is there that he is capable of influencing anything anyway?

Sad state of affairs if he's not good enough to play 90 minutes with the coaches we have at the club & full time football.

For what it's worth, Banzo on an off day for me over Forbes. Still a young man remember & eligible for 20s without being an overage player.

Patience.

Banzo was howling tonight.

You or I would have done better.