January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

I am keeping my expectations low in case he's another Paul Slane, Stevie Lennon, Kal Naismith, Darren Cole... and others I can't remember.

In fact have we ever had a good'un?

Billy Gibson was solid enough during his loan spell. Suppose Santala could be considered a success of sorts too. Not many others, though.

Ever had a good player from OF ? What about George Niven, Kenny Watson, Alex O'Hara from the blue half for a start.

yes but these are all decades ago, none are even in last decade and only two in past decade I can think of who deserve any recognition or passmarks was hutton and santala and neither were anything special in big picture

Would imagine Baird will move out on loan now that Taylor is in and has pushed Doolan out the starting eleven? Would like to see one maybe 2 expierenced midfielder's in

I would like to see Baird on with Taylor at some point, as Baird clearly cant play the lone striker role but has always excelled when playing off a big Target lad in the lyle Taylor mould such as at Raith Rovers with big Gregory Tade and Brian Graham.

Though obviously Baid should be third choice behind Doolan and Taylor at present.

McGuigan's loan will be up soon so it will be interesting to see what Archie decides there

Going back a fair bit Andy Murdoch did well on loan from Celtic. A young Robert Fleck also got onevor two goals on a short term loan but generally they have just filled a shirt :(

Mark McGuigan looking to extend his loan stay at Cliftonhill according to a snippett in the record.

Wouldn't mind adding McHugh to the playing squad. Not scored many in the league but I'm sure he has scored in Euro games and cup ties too, admittedly against lower level opposition. Gives another option.

I reckon we'll make a 11th hour Roger Eli, Lambie type signing before Saturday.

Give eveyone a lift.

:lol:

TBF, Lambie used to make some great Friday night signings. Calum Campbell. Alan Dinnie mk2 and Stevie Pitman spring to mind.

He was in a relatively recent Scotland squad. Don't think he's half the player he use to be but he's confident on the ball, experienced & I'm sure he'd do a decent job until the end of the season, if he's fit.

I think the more Thomson ages and slows up the more reckless he'll be in a tackle. As much as he brings in experience he'll throw away in discipline. Sort of player that might have been worth a punt for the first half of the season tho' we started out fairly well covered.

I think the more Thomson ages and slows up the more reckless he'll be in a tackle. As much as he brings in experience he'll throw away in discipline. Sort of player that might have been worth a punt for the first half of the season tho' we started out fairly well covered.

this.

which would put him in same basket as kerr, baird etc.

so, ultimately, no.

I've always thought Thomson was over-rated and over-paid but if he fitted into our budget then I'd happily take him. Another side-ways passer though - with him and Bannigan in the same team we might never get forward. Taiwo I wouldn't touch, mistake ridden and not solid.

Number one target for Archie should be getting Fraser back before the County game. Then after that sort the central defender and attacking 15 goal a season midfielder (Y).