January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

Well he doesn't really fancy it down at Bolton. He's an east end boy born n bred n he's currently up here doing nothing waiting. Thistle n Bolton trying to thrash out a deal.

I know you might not know answer to this but considering he trained with us right through pre season before signing for Bolton then was immediately loaned back, how much time has he actually been down there to know he doesn't want to stay?

• Like 1

Am I the only one getting a little anxious as to who will be replacing Banzo in our midfield on Saturday against a side that are spending money like confetti?

Can't be certain but I would think it will be Fraser. Don't see the point of Bolton taking him back against his will when he could be picking up Premiership experience.

Am I the only one getting a little anxious as to who will be replacing Banzo in our midfield on Saturday against a side that are spending money like confetti?

They brought a stack of guys in at the start of the season and it clearly hasn't worked. They're repeating the experience in the January window but there's no guarantee for them that they will get a better return, though Slew appears to have made an impact at least on the basis of the highlights. I expect Filip Kiss is a decent player, but he has barely played in the last 18 months:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIlip_Kiss

His description as having earned "a reputation as a tough tackling midfielder who is both physical and aggressive" sound right up County's street right enough. Wish Oz was fit!

The Sun has us linked with a loan for Dean Shields.

Would be happy with that, another attacking option in midfield or even to come off the bench.

Can't help feeling Archie should be looking to bolster the defence and holding midfield first though.

Edited by mhs

Despite them winning he didn't look that special when he played for sevco U20s. He may well have been returning from injury or been short of match fitness.

Said without any real conviction but this guy sacrificed his career learning curve to go and play in the bottom division. Is that typical of the type of character we'd need for a tricky second part of the season?

He did well for Killie. Saw him play against our u20s and he was okay. He has been in the press recently stating he is fit and becoming frustrated at lack of game time.

He is reported in today's Scotsman as being a target for Hibs. He is also seeking £200,000 to cancel his iBroke contract of 4 years and £7,000 a week!

So a short term loan is a possibility, but unlikely, imo.