January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

I think Thomson is the kind of player we need to move away from. A Scottish player past his best be it injuries, legs gone, attitude or just became a bit pish. Too much of Scottish football has this. I'd prefer someone hungry from lower leagues in England to get a game instead of the usual Scottish football bubble.

• Like 1

It's all good talking about getting in more attacking players but that won't change our route problem - conceding goals.

I think an experienced defender should be our number one priority in the window. That way Muirhead can be used as an option in midfield until others come back from injury. That said, I feel another midfielder in needed too.

I think Thomson is the kind of player we need to move away from. A Scottish player past his best be it injuries, legs gone, attitude or just became a bit pish. Too much of Scottish football has this. I'd prefer someone hungry from lower leagues in England to get a game instead of the usual Scottish football bubble.

100% in agreement with this. Thought Mark Millar of Dundee Utd would've fitted the bill but he's extended his loan with Falkirk till the end of the season.

Gary Fraser is back up the road. Thistle still talking with Bolton but Gary defo wants to come back to firhill.

if all true, good news

agree with all that, but would add that we have had success in plucking and developing players from the scottish lower leagues (and juniors and lower) think dools, muirhead, kwik-fit, craigen and others, and you just need to look at the boy that d.utd took from queenspark as another example of hungry, talented, young players that are in the scottish game.

if only we had a scout/scouting network right now .....

Not Thomson.....please no. No goal threat....passes sideways...no defence splitting passes....no spark, nothing better than what we've got. I'm struggling to think of anything he could give......having a cool head and can maybe tackle....that's about it. But that's not enough. A poor man's Barry Ferguson.

Fraser coming back is good news.

Get a loan of McGeouch and another defender or 2 and we could be all set.

Is it confirmed that Fraser is coming back?

McGeough would be a decent signing. Especially if he could so something like this

Heard Coventry were in for him too though.

Good, good. We're still getting it roon Morton a year later.

getting it round them 5 nil style no less :lol:

It's you who is the persistent troll. Stop the pathetic whinging. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

completely wrong, deluded and pisspoor attempt at rewriting history. classy. need a diaper for your face too?