Dundee United V Partick Thistle - Saturday 23 November 3Pm K.o.

jagfox

If Mcmillan is not fit does it mean Muirhead at RB and Piccolo at CB? Think this is going to be a really tough game but Utd do like to play football on the deck as opposed to long ball a la St.Mirren so might be more room in behind If so we need to start taking these chances

United are pretty much the only other club in the league that play a similar style to us - passing moves with some pace out wide. I agree that this probably suits us and we may cancel each other out at times. One major difference is United have shown they can take their chances. Reckon it will be a close match but the scoreline will indicate otherwise and will be in United's favour.

• Like 2

At least United will allow us to play football. I know it ain't much but if you play your best and still get beat by a better team then you can't really complain. Thing is against Aberdeen and St Mirren we lacked professionalism and guile 9you'll notice I'm not mentioning the G- word). In both games we were soundly beaten by opponents who didn't have to be that good and certainly didn't have to work hard for their goals. That was the case at Tannadice earlier on this season, a game I'm still trying to work out how we got beat 4-1.. We've let St. Midden go above us we can;t let anyone else do the same. Whilst I remain confident in our ability to stay up, we'll really have to add a bit of grit and self-belief in our game. I'm sure Archie knows better than I do, where our failings lie and I'm equally confident that he'll get the show back on the road.

Although maybe just not at Tannadice on Saturda! Believe it or not I'm not too down if you look at the games on paper we won one that we should have lost in Inverness and vice-versa against St Mirren. Again, given the way United are playing I don't think anyone with sense would have that down for an away win, though I wouldn't say no.As always its going to be vital that we start picking up points in December

This is going to be two very difficult games coming up. The worry is our already damaged confidence could take another knock.

Any sort of result up at Dundee would be brilliant. I don’t agree that we should be making too many changes or changing formation. Too many managers tinker with things during a bad patch and end up making it worse imo.

Welsh will start if fit - its obvious that his drop in form was due to carrying an injury and let’s hope he is back to his best after a rest.

Fox

Mcmillan Muirhead Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Osbourne Welsh

Craigan Higginbotham Bannigan

Doolan

Edited by Alan Murray

Dundee Utd away is a tough game for any team in the top flight at the moment. Having Jordon Macmillian back is essential not just for this tie but for the whole season. When he played against Dunfermline on the last game of last season he scored a peach of a goal. He is far more direct than SOD. I think he also possess bags of experience that we could really do with at the moment. I would also like to see Archie utilize Mark Kerr in the middle of the park if Welshy is oot. Ozzy is now a mainstay i would say. Maybe not in this game but perhaps in the scottish cup tie, Archie should try a 4-4-2, with Duggan from the u21's who is scoring goals. I realise that it would be a massive step up but we should be bleeding these young ones in as an when we can as our resources are clearly limited. He is scoring goals, on a high perhaps thats what we need. Dools upfront alone does not work...yes he can bang in goals as we have seen this season but he really needs a physical presence along side him to really start hitting the net. Lawless was fantastic and dangerous at the start of the season, however he is in a little bit of a low at the moment. With him back on top form we will win games. I really rate Ross Forbes, however as someone has previously mentioned he can look as if he really can't be bothered. He just needs to begin starting a few games. I think he is a game changer along with Higgy. Its worth a punt. Whoever said that we should sign Nacho Novo is a ****. Pish. forget it! Derek Riordon??????? why not....its worth a punt.

We will follow thistle!!!! forever and ever!

• Members

I'm not sure Duggan is scoring as many goals as folk think? I do remember a few coming from the spot and not from open play. Be interesting to see just how many he's scored in comparison to Dools from open play.

I haven't seen him play for the U20's so can't really say whether he's ready for the step up or not, but we've seen this so many times, young striker looks the part for the youth teams but cant move onto the next stage. Keep him playing for the U20's and maybe give him a bench appearance now and then before making an appearance near the end of the season when there's nothing to play for.

I'm not sure Duggan is scoring as many goals as folk think? I do remember a few coming from the spot and not from open play. Be interesting to see just how many he's scored in comparison to Dools from open play.

I haven't seen him play for the U20's so can't really say whether he's ready for the step up or not, but we've seen this so many times, young striker looks the part for the youth teams but cant move onto the next stage. Keep him playing for the U20's and maybe give him a bench appearance now and then before making an appearance near the end of the season when there's nothing to play for.

I wouldn't think Duggan is nearly ready to step up. I'm not saying he couldn't put in a decent enough showing if we had an injury/suspension crisis but otherwise I wouldn't think he'd be threatening a place. Bags of potential all the same.

Ciftci hearing at the SFA has been postponed so I assume that means he is okay to play against us? Would rather he did not play as he looks a real find by McNamara. Can see him going down south possibly making United a decent transfer fee.

I think this story is shocking but given the club it has happened two I don’t feel so sorry! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/dundee-united-reeling-after-being-2815316

Ciftci hearing at the SFA has been postponed so I assume that means he is okay to play against us? Would rather he did not play as he looks a real find by McNamara. Can see him going down south possibly making United a decent transfer fee.

I think this story is shocking but given the club it has happened two I don’t feel so sorry! http://www.dailyreco...r-being-2815316

They went on to win the Scottish Cup that season thanks to that bugger punching the ball into the net. Perhaps he made them a lotta dosh? So won't shed a tear.

Pity about the Tayside Strangler being able to play. He's a fair handful and just the type of player that causes us most trouble.