Boxing Day V Ict

Garscube Road End

• Members

Best performance for a while. Dare I say it... but I think our shape looks better without Ozzie!

And edited to add, singling out Stevie Lawless here back approaching the form that made him a mainstay in the side last season. Well played wee man.

Edited by Willjag

The team played well

Good bits

Banagan was a lot better today

Lawless had his mojo back

Picollo was shouting at the other defenders

SOD is a better player than McMillan

Bad bits

Ref was rubbish

Ball boys were slow and there was not enough of them.

Fans were good at encouraging the team but not enough turned up

Erty13

Edited by erty13

Decent Team performance. Good to eventually get a clean sheet but still not taking the chances that come our way. Subs didnt change much and still dont see what Forbes brings to the team. Our freekicks and corners have been awful this season

How many free kicks did we have about 25 yards from goal today and not once did we test their keeper from them. The one in the first half when 4 players stood round the ball for 2 mins deliberating and then no one wanted to hit it was unbelievable.

Agree about forbes, he needs to play to the whistle instead of constantly throwing his hands in the air in a hissy fit.

Enjoyed the game despite the lack of goals and agree with the praise of Elliott and piccolo who were outstanding.

Edited by kennymac29
  • Like 1

Getting a clean sheet, the MOTM had to be a defender. Otherwise it would have been Lawless for me. Craigen makes a clear cut chance for someone every game. The one today for Doolan in the 1st half that he just couldn't get up for. Elliot works so hard defensively and was dead unlucky in the 2nd half. SOD obviously made a difference as we were much more dominant in the 2ndhalf, although I thought MacMillan had a decent half too. A win at Firhill has got to come soon

How many free kicks did we have about 25 yards from goal today and not once did we test their keeper from them. The one in the first half when 4 players stood round the ball for 2 mins deliberating and then no one wanted to hit it was unbelievable.

Agree about forbes, he needs to play to the whistle instead of constantly throwing his hands in the air in a hissy fit.

Enjoyed the game despite the lack of goals and agree with the praise of Elliott and piccolo who were outstanding.

Agree with all of that.Our corners too are almost a worthless exercise.

Gabby looked like the boss at the back today.We've not had a good vocal presence there all season so it was good too see a defender opening his mouth for once.Seen him bawling SoD out a couple of times for his positioning.

Higgy is becoming very frustrating to watch.lots of good stuff from him but sometimes just play the simple ball ffs.

We should have won today but the players should take the positives out of that.

It's difficult to be terribly negative about today's performance, we built on last week's performance and IMO the only thing that was missing was a goal. Surely, surely by the law of averages if nothing else we are due a win! In all honesty I can't remember a team dominating so many games and failing to win, it must surely be something of a record.

Wasn't at all impressed by Inverness they were quite honestly rank and I've yet to see any sign of them being a good team. As far as I can perceive they're just a typical Caley team i.e. big "braw" lads who hump the ball up the park and whilst full of honest and not so honest endeavor, they do not add a great deal to the quality of our admittedly poor standard of football. Ipso facto, I'd have been well sick if MacKay had scored from Ballatoni's s shocking back pass. At that point, heard the barsteward saying Thistle stopped them playing. As usual the in depth analysis on BBC failed to ask him how a team who had one attempt on target in 92 minutes could be stopped by a team playing all the football.I despair of our media, but I should be used to twats like Chick Dung and Co.

Well maybe Sunday will be our day when yet another media favourite comes a calling.

Got to ask do we actually practice set pieces at Firhill? Because our corners and free kicks are execrable, whilst to be honest we've never really been big on set pieces I think our current squad are the worst ever.

Obviously, something is going wrong and set pieces are just too important to be squandered the way we do.

• Like 2

I didn't think we played that well today - it was a poor quality game and particularly in the first half, we were too keen to get the ball forward quickly, usually with an aimless hoof. However, we were clearly the better side, made more chances, played better football and finished stronger than the opposition but yet again we didn't get the win we deserved.

It's been the story of the season...Inverness were plodders but are third in the League but while Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have looked better than us, none of the other sides I've seen have impressed me - it would be a travesty but entirely predictable if we ended up 11th in this League.

Big Gabriel was competent and committed though he tried some daft passes and this week Conrad got away with his mandatory blunder. O'Donnell is way ahead of McMillan and ATS did well though inevitably failed to get a cross in from a great position. I was pleased to see Bannigan, Lawless and to some extent Forbes show their true form but Craigen is maybe being asked to take on too much responsibility as playmaker. Elliot was ok but I'm not convinced and Higgy was a pest today.

I'm going to enjoy this home win however and whenever it comes.

• Like 1