Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

Neither Piccolo or Balatoni good enough for this league for me.

Just my opinion, but at the moment I'd have Gabby in the team before Conrad, 100%.

Just watched the highlights and Balatoni lets the ball go right under him for goal number 3.

He just hasn't been good enough this season.

Gabby had a nightmare of a start but is coming in to his own now.

Had another wobble in the Motherwell game but was probably our MOM at Celtic Park.

Balatoni has cost us more than Gabby this season IMO.

Just my opinion, but at the moment I'd have Gabby in the team before Conrad, 100%.

Just watched the highlights and Balatoni lets the ball go right under him for goal number 3.

Had another wobble in the Motherwell game but was probably our MOM at Celtic Park.

Totally agree. Balatoni just looks unfit to me and is carrying too much weight for a central defender. He proved last season that he was a very good central defender, but far too many mistakes this season and nowhere near as commanding. Gabby is a bit raw but there are signs that he has a lot of potential and is certainly worth persisting with. The solution is to bring an experienced central defender in on loan and drop Balatoni with instructions to drop at least 10 pounds in weight and get himself properly fit. In saying all that I cant even think of one suitable candidate to come in on loan, so Archie might have to look to England

It is hard to put your finger on what happened yesterday. in the 1st half Ross County didn't put us under any real pressure. They scored from their first shot. Gabby needed to make sure he won the ball when he slid in, but after that it was a good finish from the guy.

The defensive performance was like night and day between 1st half and 2nd half - so I am not sure you can put that down to Archie,unless he told them to sit deep.

I cut Archie a lot more slack than I would have with The Bunnet or Murder - yesterday was frustrating but given our budget 10th spot was the target and that's where we're sitting at the moment - he's on a learning curve and I'm more than happy to keep on keeping on with him - I just wish he would react to what's going on on the park a lot quicker sometimes.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Can't disagree with that but the point is a Gabby is also costing us goals.

If teams tear us apart & are miles better than us then there's not a lot we can do but it seems to me the majority of our goals are coming from individual mistakes from both of these centre halves.

Imo we should be looking at bringing in another (experienced) centre half as a priority to play alongside Muirhead.

Archie got well deserved praise for getting us promotion,so he cant be fireproof this season.He has got to take some of the blame if we were to go down.He was far to slow to react yesterday.When they pulled it back to 3-2 we were constantly giving the ball away and he should have changed the team much sooner than he did another 2pts dropped.If we stay up this season he will have done his job,but he will need to start showing he is learning from his mistakes.

I still think Archies biggest mistake was letting Andy Dowie go I watched the must win game against Morton I thought

he was without doubt best player on the park by a mile got involved all over the park just what is needed now somebody

with a bit of experience to stiffen up the defence and get them playing as a team at the moment they seem to be leaderless at

the back

Conrad was first pick for my starting eleven every week but now he seems to be getting poorer every game either he loses

his footing or gets turned and has to foul just not the Conrad of last season cant even head a ball this season missed

an absolute sitter yesterday and I think its time he spent some time on the bench

Good news about Fraser signing hope he can produce his early season form as we could do with a bit of spark in

midfield now ozzy is out for the season I still harbour hopes that the Bridge will be offloaded by the Arabs and come back

home what a party the fans would have well most of them

The team needs a fair bit of investment even if Archie was to go.

Compare Ross County's team from the one that started last season to the one that finished it. Maybe only 3 or 4 players played in the 2 teams.

Over the course of a season the difference between the first division and SPL is huge and a few players just don't have it.

If we are going to spend money on players then we should allow Archie to spend it rather than some goomer than can't even get a job for a 3rd division team.

I've read a lot of bullshit on this forum in my time but asking for Gus McPherson to replace Archie has to be the number one BS moment of all time. Gus McPherson? As another poster rightly points out, do you not see why he is out of work at present? How many vacancies have there been since he left St Midden that he no doubt applied for, and subsequently missed out on? Why do no club want to appoint him as manager? Ask any St Midden fan how he had them playing and they will tell you.

McPherson at Firhill as manager?

That's the day the club dies and I for one end my 35odd year association with PTFC.

• Like 1

I've read a lot of bullshit on this forum in my time but asking for Gus McPherson to replace Archie has to be the number one BS moment of all time. Gus McPherson? As another poster rightly points out, do you not see why he is out of work at present? How many vacancies have there been since he left St Midden that he no doubt applied for, and subsequently missed out on? Why do no club want to appoint him as manager? Ask any St Midden fan how he had them playing and they will tell you.

McPherson at Firhill as manager?

That's the day the club dies and I for one end my 35odd year association with PTFC.

So can we put that down as a tentative no to Gus as Jags manager, then?

• Members

We all realise that there is more than one Thistle in this league don't we? I think thistlenowthistleforever is quite entitled to wish for Mark Kerr bossing the ICT defence and also wishing John Hughes to be replaced with Gus McPherson.

Let's be honest if you had a choice between Yogi and Gus you'd pick Gus too! :D

We all realise that there is more than one Thistle in this league don't we? I think thistlenowthistleforever is quite entitled to wish for Mark Kerr bossing the ICT defence and also wishing John Hughes to be replaced with Gus McPherson.

Let's be honest if you had a choice between Yogi and Gus you'd pick Gus too! :D

True! :D

Yogi was a bizarre appointment - well done to the Caley board!