Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

Buaben in for higgy? That's what to do, drop one of the only 2 guys in the team who will run at people, take people on set up goals and score goals and replace him with prince buaben. One of the slowest players we have. If we were to play dools up front on his own as you suggested, who is going to go and support him if you drop higgy? And did you express your doubts at the starting 11 at 2:45 when we seen the teams? I doubt it. I think we all know that with that starting 11 yesterday, if the players play like they can, and the first 20 minutes proved this, we would quite comfortably beat hearts. The players didn't perform it's as simple as that. Tactics, formation and personnel aside, if 8/9 of the starting 11 have a shocker, we will lose the game.

So you are happy to start with dools, erskine, Higgy , either 3 of them in midfield or with dools up front with Taylor? What did we do before Higgy and Taylor arrived, we played dools up front last yr with lawless and erskine, then with lawless when erskine left. So we cannot start with dools up front with erskine supplying him??? Is this what your saying???

What's wrong with a midfield of erskine, Fraser, Buaben , bannigan and Elliot or lawless or Craigen ?

As for only 2 players that can beat men and set up goals, have you seen us much over the last couple of yrs? Lawless, Elliot and Craigen all can do a job when given their chance.

As for expressing my doubt, yes I did, we should not be starting games with 4 forwards, Taylor, Higgy, dools and erskine. We are not good enough to start a game in this league with 4 forwards.

Maybe a case of being right and wrong. We should be able to afford Erskine but we shouldn't build a team around him. A Jags squad that includes Chris should be all the better for it.

I'd agree with you if we are so strapped for cash we can't afford a flair player or two. Personally I feel we should have a solid enough squad with enough depth that nobody could think of him as a luxury.

I didn't mean in a financial sense - I think he's too much of a passenger too much of the time. Championship, fine, but not the Premiership - and I'm certainly not one of the anti-Erskine boo boys. Edited by Charlie Endell

I didn't mean in a financial sense - I think he's too much of a passenger too much of the time. Championship, fine, but not the Premiership - and I'm certainly not one of the anti-Erskine boo boys.

My only reference to finance is if we were that poor we could only afford a bare minimum squad supported by U20s. Just then I might see where you're coming from as maybe we'd have to sacrifice a flair player. Erskine more than anyone won us the league last season and was a stand out player in the division. He may only be a periphery player at Tannadice but they've got exceptional quality in attack. I can't accept that a guy of his age playing as he did last season isn't good enough for our current level.

Accepting as I do that Chris is unlikely to be anywhere near as influential as he was last season is a far cry from deeming him below SPL quality, which he clearly isn't.

It wasn't.

It's been a regular occurrence.

Aberdeen, St Mirren, Ross County, Celtic and Hearts for starters.

Aberdeen won 1 lost 2, St Mirren won 1 lost 1 drawn 1, Ross Co won 1 drawn 2, Hearts won 1, lost 1 drawn 1...Celtic like most other teams in Scotland we have lost the lot but were unlucky to lose the first two games. If you think that's bad, fair enough, for me that's half decent, considering where we were a few years back!

Edited by Lindau

So you are happy to start with dools, erskine, Higgy , either 3 of them in midfield or with dools up front with Taylor? What did we do before Higgy and Taylor arrived, we played dools up front last yr with lawless and erskine, then with lawless when erskine left. So we cannot start with dools up front with erskine supplying him??? Is this what your saying???

What's wrong with a midfield of erskine, Fraser, Buaben , bannigan and Elliot or lawless or Craigen ?

As for only 2 players that can beat men and set up goals, have you seen us much over the last couple of yrs? Lawless, Elliot and Craigen all can do a job when given their chance.

As for expressing my doubt, yes I did, we should not be starting games with 4 forwards, Taylor, Higgy, dools and erskine. We are not good enough to start a game in this league with 4 forwards.

Against a distinctively average hearts team yes, I think we're good enough to play with the personnel and formation we did yesterday. So long as the players play as well as they can, work hard and show a bit of fight when it starts getting tough. That didn't happen yesterday, that's why we got beat.

Are you seriously suggesting that Elliot, craigen or lawless are better than higginbotham?? Ask 100 fans who they'd rather have in the starting 11, higgy or any of the other 3 and at least 95% will say higgy. I don't even think it's up for debate that he's been one of our best players all season. If you can't see that I don't know what else to say, there is really no point in talking to you.

Against a distinctively average hearts team yes, I think we're good enough to play with the personnel and formation we did yesterday. So long as the players play as well as they can, work hard and show a bit of fight when it starts getting tough. That didn't happen yesterday, that's why we got beat.

Are you seriously suggesting that Elliot, craigen or lawless are better than higginbotham?? Ask 100 fans who they'd rather have in the starting 11, higgy or any of the other 3 and at least 95% will say higgy. I don't even think it's up for debate that he's been one of our best players all season. If you can't see that I don't know what else to say, there is really no point in talking to you.

Thank feck, that last line is the only decent suggestion you have posted!! There is no point talking to me cos your team selection has picked up 3 points from 9 and is only going to get us into a play off...bye!!

Thank feck, that last line is the only decent suggestion you have posted!! There is no point talking to me cos your team selection has picked up 3 points from 9 and is only going to get us into a play off...bye!!

If we picked up 3 pts from every 9 available we'd have more pts than we currently have.

Aberdeen won 1 lost 2, St Mirren won 1 lost 1 drawn 1, Ross Co won 1 drawn 2, Hearts won 1, lost 1 drawn 1...Celtic like most other teams in Scotland we have lost the lot but were unlucky to lose the first two games. If you think that's bad, fair enough, for me that's half decent, considering where we were a few years back!

If you are happy to accept mediocrity then be my guest.

Every one of the home performances cited above fall well below what I want from my Thistle team. A bad defeat will happen once in a while, but what's been going on at Firhill this season has got us into this mess, and it's unacceptable.

Oh, and I forgot Motherwell.

If you are happy to accept mediocrity then be my guest.

Every one of the home performances cited above fall well below what I want from my Thistle team. A bad defeat will happen once in a while, but what's been going on at Firhill this season has got us into this mess, and it's unacceptable.

Oh, and I forgot Motherwell.

It's like a game of hide and seek with you lot. Didn't see you or the others posting after the recent Aberdeen and Hibs games, nor the excellent draws at Dingwall and Perth. One horrific performance, and yes it was horrific, and you can't wait to get posting again and ain't it funny how you lot are always the first posters after a bad result?? Accept mediorocrity? Tell me the games we have been mediocre in since the turn of the year outwith yesterday and I don't count Celtic games and despite the last result I don't think we have been mediocre in any game against them this season anyway

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

It's like a game of hide and seek with you lot. Didn't see you or the others posting after the recent Aberdeen and Hibs games, nor the excellent draws at Dingwall and Perth. One horrific performance, and yes it was horrific, and you can't wait to get posting again and ain't it funny how you lot are always the first posters after a bad result?? Accept mediorocrity? Tell me the games we have been mediocre in since the turn of the year outwith yesterday and I don't count Celtic games and despite the last result I don't think we have been mediocre in any game against them this season anyway

Lindau, I respect your opinion, and I wish you nothing but good.

But please look at the league table.

And stop deluding yourself.

Our current plight is down to more than one horrific performance.

Oh, and the only reason we got away with Hibs at home is that they are in freefall. We were not good that day at all (Higgy apart).

Barney (taken from Pie and Bovril post)

Last 10 games

Hearts. 14pts

Thistle 10 Pts

Ross C. 10 Pts

Killie 8pts

St Mirren 7pts

Hibs. 6pts

Must be a lot of mediocrity out there!

Edited by Lindau

Barney (taken from Pie and Bovril post)

Last 10 games

Hearts. 14pts

Thistle 10 Pts

Ross C. 10 Pts

Killie 8pts

St Mirren 7pts

Hibs. 6pts

Must be a lot of mediocrity out there!

Lindau, we lie 11th in the only league table that counts.

So we are worse than mediocre, we are in the play-off.

So we are worse than mediocre, we are in the play-off.

We are in the play off if we are 11th after 38 games not 33 games. 15 points still to be played for and we are 4pts away from being 7th and ONE point away from 2 teams!! This will be a great season if we stay in the league and we are still well I the mix with a parachute available via the play offs. Getting fed up posting and reading the same stuff. Time for both of us to resume this at the end of the season, only then will we find out who is correct

• Like 1

But I think you will find we haven't, if your aunty had balls she would be your uncle.

You said that team selection has only picked up 3 points from the 9 they've played for? I'm showing you that that points to game ratio is better than what we currently have. What is your point regarding the 3 pts from 9?

Can we also look at the amount of points we would've had if the games stopped at 85mins?

If that's not a sign of tactical naïvety then I don't know what is. If you lose a couple of goals from winning positions then you'd be disappointed but to lose the amount we have suggests something isn't right.

Anybody that thinks we couldn't have won the game yesterday is stark raving bonkers.

We didn't due to an inept performance from the players who failed to build on a good start. Had we won we would be well placed to avoid the play offs.

Tight margins between success and failure but yet the same heads of dick spouting the usual crap. Get real back the team the manager and club. We need a win in one of the next two games so our backing is crucial to the team another performance from us like yesterday will be damaging to our prospects of avoiding the play offs.

You said that team selection has only picked up 3 points from the 9 they've played for? I'm showing you that that points to game ratio is better than what we currently have. What is your point regarding the 3 pts from 9?

My point for the very last time is.....wait for it.......4 attackers doesn't work. If we had been unbeaten then yes it worked, but it hasn't. We are not good enough to play with 4 attacking midfielders / strikers in this league. We need to tighten up our midfield and defence. If that means Archie dropping one of his favourites..erskine or Higgy and bringing in a defensive midfielder like Buaben and giving Taylor a rest and replacing him with Dools then so be it, but hey ho, you don't want to see any Archie's or your favourites dropped, so enjoy the play offs at least. Maybe you like to see your team play nicely nicely football and win feck all, but I don't. We have a pool of players, if Archie doesn't think they are good enough to change our shape and formation then he should have let them go in January. Why have a squad of about 25 players if he isn't going to use them.

My point for the very last time is.....wait for it.......4 attackers doesn't work. If we had been unbeaten then yes it worked, but it hasn't. We are not good enough to play with 4 attacking midfielders / strikers in this league. We need to tighten up our midfield and defence. If that means Archie dropping one of his favourites..erskine or Higgy and bringing in a defensive midfielder like Buaben and giving Taylor a rest and replacing him with Dools then so be it, but hey ho, you don't want to see any Archie's or your favourites dropped, so enjoy the play offs at least. Maybe you like to see your team play nicely nicely football and win feck all, but I don't. We have a pool of players, if Archie doesn't think they are good enough to change our shape and formation then he should have let them go in January. Why have a squad of about 25 players if he isn't going to use them.

But you would agree that playing with this formation we have accumulated more points per game than when we haven't?

But you would agree that playing with this formation we have accumulated more points per game than when we haven't?

No, same again but nice try. Be good to hear some positive things about the team you think is the best, but not much YOU can say about them is there? So instead of trying to pick holes in others team selections, please, pretty please tell me why we should start 4 attacking players and please don't gies the same crap you have come away with " if they all play well on the day" we have beaten a bad hibs team that is all with that formation and we are tumbling towards a play off spot, so again please tell me why we need to start with 4 attacking players.