Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

But you would agree that playing with this formation we have accumulated more points per game than when we haven't?

Would you agree that playing this formation we have shipped more points in the last 5 mins of games than we ever have?

It must really piss off the handful, that Archie will be our manager next season, regardless of what division we are in.

No matter how many posts they make after a defeat, no matter how many players they single out, no matter how much they exaggerate, Archie will be our manager next season.

It must really piss off the handful, that Archie will be our manager next season, regardless of what division we are in.

No matter how many posts they make after a defeat, no matter how many players they single out, no matter how much they exaggerate, Archie will be our manager next season.

so I understand you want him to be manager if we get relegated every season.....seriously ?

I don't think anyone now thinks we should do anything other than review it in the summer

Doesn't piss me off nor do I doubt he will be the manager next season- no matter what league we're in.

However I think his signings (or as far as strikers go, a lack of) last Summer & his inability to change things during a game- whether that be when the team being overrun or shutting the game out- suggest he's currently out his depth & not learning quick enough.

Unlike Gary Locke, Alan Johnston or Tommy Wright. They also had never managed in this league before this season.

Doesn't piss me off nor do I doubt he will be the manager next season- no matter what league we're in.

However I think his signings (or as far as strikers go, a lack of) last Summer & his inability to change things during a game- whether that be when the team being overrun or shutting the game out- suggest he's currently out his depth & not learning quick enough.

Unlike Gary Locke, Alan Johnston or Tommy Wright. They also had never managed in this league before this season.

Are you seriously suggesting Gary Locke and Alan Johnston are better managers than AA?

Are you seriously suggesting Gary Locke and Alan Johnston are better managers than AA?

On most recent evidence with Locke, yes.

Locke proved on Saturday that he could tweak things after 1st 20 which resulted in Hearts not only got a foothold into the game but after 30 minutes had them in full control of the game.

Archibald's response at the time? Nothing.

Archibald's response at HT? Nothing.

Archibald's response at 48 mins after going 2-1 down.... So why was that not made either before HT or at HT.

Read it somewhere. Reactive management not proactive management.

As for Alan Johnston... Definitely.

His game plan for QOTS against us in the Ramsdens last season. & this season the way he's changed his team & their tactics twice at Firhill to get positive results tells me he is.

We can all rave on about "Mr. Partick Thistle" etc. but did Alan Archibald ever actually plan on going into football management before last season? Or was the job simply thrust upon him (Britton/Whyte-style)? Is he ever actually going to be in it for the long-term?

It's an interesting question - perhaps Archibald doesn't feel he has much to lose this season...

Some are raising perfectly legitimate doubts about the manager with the team 11th in the league but looking capable of better than that...heading on in blind faith seems all a bit "cuddly toy" to me

Edited by milhouse

The three managers you mention all took over teams with established premiership infrastructures. I'm sure you will agree this helped them?

We can all rave on about "Mr. Partick Thistle" etc. but did Alan Archibald ever actually plan on going into football management before last season? Or was the job simply thrust upon him (Britton/Whyte-style)? Is he ever actually going to be in it for the long-term?

It's an interesting question - perhaps Archibald doesn't feel he has much to lose this season...

Some are raising perfectly legitimate doubts about the manager with the team 11th in the league but looking capable of better than that...heading on in blind faith seems all a bit "cuddly toy" to me

That's funny, because when I read the negative posts from a small band of boo boys, it all seems a bit "old firm" to me.

• Like 2

The three managers you mention all took over teams with established premiership infrastructures. I'm sure you will agree this helped them?

No. Disagree.

In fact St Johnstone I'll give you but Killie had to slash costs & budgets releasing a large % of the team Shiels put together replacing them with frees & u21s.

As for Hearts- they didn't even have an infrastructure left after the Summer. Stevenson, McDonald, Hammil, Wilson the only players with any sort of first team experience. To say it's u21s is being kind. The majority of their is last season's u19 team.

Bearing in mind a few seasons ago we had a relatively successful unders team but we didn't give many, bar one I think, a chance in the old div 1 never mind play then in Premiership.

No. Disagree.

In fact St Johnstone I'll give you but Killie had to slash costs & budgets releasing a large % of the team Shiels put together replacing them with frees & u21s.

As for Hearts- they didn't even have an infrastructure left after the Summer. Stevenson, McDonald, Hammil, Wilson the only players with any sort of first team experience. To say it's u21s is being kind. The majority of their is last season's u19 team.

Bearing in mind a few seasons ago we had a relatively successful unders team but we didn't give many, bar one I think, a chance in the old div 1 never mind play then in Premiership.

You seem to have misread my post. I didn't mention the team. I said infrastructure.

As in back room staff, coaching staff, scouts, facilities, etc.

As for teams it's self, It could be argued that we are over achieving compared to the teams above us. Who are paying a far greater wage than we can. So therefore attract players ahead of us. And yet we are less than a handful of points away from these teams.

That for me is a positive.

You seem to have misread my post. I didn't mention the team. I said infrastructure.

As for teams it's self, It could be argued that we are over achieving compared to the teams above us. Who are paying a far greater wage than we can. So therefore attract players ahead of us. And yet we are less than a handful of points away from these teams.

Well I don't know how much everyone else pays but let's accept your right.....however finance can't be everything or else Hibs would be top six so they are under achieving Motherwell are punching above their weight but if course we can't ?

Well I don't know how much everyone else pays but let's accept your right.....however finance can't be everything or else Hibs would be top six so they are under achieving Motherwell are punching above their weight but if course we can't ?

I didn't say finance was everything.

I didn't say we can't over achieve, however it is very naive of anyone to think that we should over achieve in our first season back.

Edited by potty trained

Didn't misread.

Both Killie & Hearts infrastructure gone after the last few years culminating in last Summer.

However I did notice you chose not to comment on our successful youth team from a few years ago & not giving them a chance.

If memory serves we beat Livi. I always did wonder what happened to their youth team that day...

Anyway, for me our infrastructure certainly on a par with both Killie & Hearts for this season.

Edited to say:

Not really sure what infrastructure to do with tactical naïvety anyhow.

Did our previous managers have the same infrastructure in place? No. Were they more tactically astute? Definitely.

Edited by Trotter

Didn't misread.

Both Killie & Hearts infrastructure gone after the last few years culminating in last Summer.

However I did notice you chose not to comment on our successful youth team from a few years ago & not giving them a chance.

If memory serves we beat Livi. I always did wonder what happened to their youth team that day...

Anyway, for me our infrastructure certainly on a par with both Killie & Hearts for this season.

And st mirren and county?

so I understand you want him to be manager if we get relegated every season.....seriously ?

I don't think anyone now thinks we should do anything other than review it in the summer

I think there should be a review, but not of Archie's place but of who could be brought in to help him. Gary Locke has Billy Brown with who has extensive experience, incidentally Gary himself has been the first team coach since 2010. Allan Johnston has Sandy Clark who we all know is a terrible manager but a good coach of long standing.

I didn't say finance was everything.

I didn't say we can't over achieve, however it is very naive of anyone to think that we should over achieve in our first season back.

I don't think finishing 10th this season is over achieving given Hearts situation.....I assume it was the objective cause the Manager said so....therefore at the moment he is missing his target

And st mirren and county?

If I was a County fan I'd certainly be asking questions of Derek Adams considering the amount of money he's had at his disposal over past cpl of seasons.

Lennon for me is another Archibald. Did ok with Cowdenbeath but in reality is now out his depth & tactically naive also.

I don't think finishing 10th this season is over achieving given Hearts situation.....I assume it was the objective cause the Manager said so....therefore at the moment he is missing his target

At the moment there are still 5 games to go. Whether he has met his target or not is a question for the end of the season.

You really are an embarrassment to yourself - no wonder you don't put your own name to your posts.

Same goes for all your doomsday pals.

Edited by ian_mac

If I was a County fan I'd certainly be asking questions of Derek Adams considering the amount of money he's had at his disposal over past cpl of seasons.

Lennon for me is another Archibald. Did ok with Cowdenbeath but in reality is now out his depth & tactically naive also.

How many years have both those managers been in these jobs, in comparison to our own?

What behind the scenes infrastructure do these guys have at their disposal that we don't?

How many years have both those managers been in these jobs, in comparison to our own?

What behind the scenes infrastructure do these guys have at their disposal that we don't?

But taking aside infrastructure, does that excuse tactical naïvety?

But taking aside infrastructure, does that excuse tactical naïvety?

No, but I think every manager in the bottom half has shown tactical naïveté. Some have been in their job for a long time, some have been managers for even longer. Some, if not all have a far greater infrastructure to call upon.

Should they be sacked? some of them.

Should Archie? No.

We are less than a handful of points away from 7th. We are 1 point away from survival with 5 games to play.

Have we, for the majority of the season played attractive football? Yes.

Have we done so with a largely inexperienced squad? Yes.

If we stay up, will these players and manager have a full seasons experience of the top flight under their belt? Yes.

Will that better prepare them for next season? Yes.