Sportscene

G Jag

I've long ceased to expect anything like objectivity, truth or even evidence to intrude into the narrow minds of the Scottish media. Truth be told most are already preparing their paeans of glory to Fat Sally's troops for that glorious day when normal service is resumed.

However even this cynic was surprised that there wasn't one mention of our performance from the BBC, maybe someone should point out the fact that you actually need two teams to have a game of football!!!

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 1

Just watched it this morning. An absolute disgrace. What the hell did Sevco have to do with that game? The Sellik mates I was at the game with were united in saying that was the best performance from any SPL club at Porkheid this season and what praise do we get from The Beeb.....feck all!!

Had enough and have formally complained to BBC about this disgrace of a programme. I would encourage Jags fans to do the same as it's quite straightforward and the more that do, the more they have to take notice.I'll let you know when they respond because being the BBC, they have to respond.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

It isn't trivial and it's about time we had a decent prog on Scottish football.

• Like 1

Had enough and have formally complained to BBC about this disgrace of a programme. I would encourage Jags fans to do the same as it's quite straightforward and the more that do, the more they have to take notice.I'll let you know when they respond because being the BBC, they have to respond.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

It isn't trivial and it's about time we had a decent prog on Scottish football.

Best of luck, pal. I've complained to the BBC several times by this means over the past few years (including why they continually drop 'Thistle' from the Jags' name) so I can tell you how it'll go. You'll get an automated-reply saying how busy they are, but how important viewers concerns are to them and that they'll get back to you as soon as possible and then... nothing, most likely. I did get a response once - it didn't address my initial complaint and basically told me to run along and not worry myself about it. Given that I'm paying £145 a year to these people (makes my blood boil when I hear folk talk about the BBC being 'free') you'd have thought they might REALLY care about my opinion. They believe they are untouchable and they don't actually give a toss about what you think, particularly if you support a wee diddy team...

Best of luck, pal. I've complained to the BBC several times by this means over the past few years (including why they continually drop 'Thistle' from the Jags' name) so I can tell you how it'll go. You'll get an automated-reply saying how busy they are, but how important viewers concerns are to them and that they'll get back to you as soon as possible and then... nothing, most likely. I did get a response once - it didn't address my initial complaint and basically told me to run along and not worry myself about it. Given that I'm paying £145 a year to these people (makes my blood boil when I hear folk talk about the BBC being 'free') you'd have thought they might REALLY care about my opinion. They believe they are untouchable and they don't actually give a toss about what you think, particularly if you support a wee diddy team...

And if you log on to the BBC web pages from abroad, it's crammed with adverts for hotel chains, airlines, etc. etc. If you want to watch a news-related video clip you first have to wait for a 30-sec commercial for something or other to finish. The idea that the BBC is non-commercial and fully paid for through our licence fee is another lie from London, surprise surprise.

Unfortunately I suspect the BBC is increasingly impacted by commercial pressures and competition from other sports broadcasters. as such there is a "race-to-the-bottom", a dumbing-down of information, and pandering to the lowest common denominator. This evidently manifests itself in coverage of all other clubs being marginalised in order to serve the mass (no pun intended for one of the bigot sides) market. In the case of Scottish football such coverage serves a double purpose given the social problems perpetuated by the bigot clubs.

I can't remember the last time I watched it.

Just watch the highlights on youtube. The analysis from the likes of Billy Dodds isn't even worth changing the channel for.

Normally my opinion about Dodds too but he has made valid points re our failure to score. Certainly he's attended a few Jags games this season and his overall assessment of our good and bad points has by and large been spot on.

I couldn't normally give a toss about the BBC's treatment of the Jags. Long given up with them and as often as not I'm watching with the sound turned down.

What did annoy me last night was I'm sure Archie's interview was edited to exclude his comments about our penalty claim. Also unless I blinked the incident was edited out as well. That wouldn't have happened had we won the match by a single goal and Celtic had a similar claim. In fact it would have been discussed in depth with countless replays and freeze frames. For certain we would've heard Lennon in interview bleating about an injustice,

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Normally my opinion about Dodds too but he has made valid points re our failure to score. Certainly he's attended a few Jags games this season and his overall assessment of our good and bad points has by and large been spot on.

I couldn't normally give a toss about the BBC's treatment of the Jags. Long given up with them and as often as not I'm watching with the sound turned down.

What did annoy me last night was I'm sure Archie's interview was edited to exclude his comments about our penalty claim. Also unless I blinked the incident was edited out as well. That wouldn't have happened had we won the match by a single goal and Celtic had a similar claim. In fact it would have been discussed in depth with countless replays and freeze frames. For certain we would've heard Lennon in interview bleating about an injustice,

Good photo of Ledley putting in a rugby tackle on Christie on the official site (Tommy Taylor one?). Wasn't at the game but think that must have been the incident referred to by Archie.

Not allowed "trial by television" in case poor wee Sellick feel offended..........

Edited by David Stevenson

I think I am more disgusted at the media reaction to this game, then I was at our failing yet again to capitalize on our chances. To be honest whoever we play and particularly if its Celtic (as Sevco are in Division One, in case you missed it) I don't expect any fair and balanced coverage. But for broadcasters to totally ignore the game itself and devote loads of airtime to discussing the hypothetical impact of a club two divisions below us is a downright disgrace. To be honest, we'd be better hought of by the media if we sang " the Sash" at games or spent our time smashing up our opponents stadia.

I've long ceased to expect anything like objectivity, truth or even evidence to intrude into the narrow minds of the Scottish media. Truth be told most are already preparing their paeans of glory to Fat Sally's troops for that glorious day when normal service is resumed.

However even this cynic was surprised that there wasn't one mention of our performance from the BBC, maybe someone should point out the fact that you actually need two teams to have a game of football!!!

We know what to expect from the SMSM but the BBC is paid for from our license fees and so should be a bit neutral and give the wee teams a look in. That guys like Chik Young actually work for therm tells you all you need to know about how much they care about that.

As I hold hundreds of hours of old footage from Scotsport & Sportscene from the past, I see the biggest difference is that these days they pay too much attention to pundits & analysis rather than the main thing, which is and should be highlights and commentary. I love watching those old highlights when every match covered used to last around 20-25 minutes and the only interviews took place after the final whistle. The analysis was restricted to the main presenter in the studio and he would only waste a couple of minutes in telling the audience how good or how awful the match had been.

Today the boring punditry makes the show look too obvious, it does lack emotion.

Anyone hear Thistle mentioned in the highlights after the Celtic game? No? Rangers were mentioned though. What a ******* pile of shite!

Surely the least we could expect was some analysis on an improved Thistle performance? We got nothing. Absolutely honking from the BBC!

Spot on.

Just watched it now; a total joke and a sizeable embarrassment to broadcasting generally. Just makes me despise the OF even more, if that's in any way possible.