Gary Fraser

Heelan'jag

great news about Gary Fraser returning to Firhill. He is not on loan this time he is a thistle player! great work Archie. Great news for the club to have Gary back, i believe he has learned a lesson from his little hiccup, now he needs to push on and become a thistle star. He obviously likes whats going on at the club, because as soon as he left back to Bolton he wanted back at thistle. I hope that this is not the last archie is going to bring in, still think we require a bit more depth if at all possible. good news though

The BBC said they released the player. I don't know if that means they just let him go or we paid compensation for them to do that.

I would say the former.

That seems logical. Archie said earlier that he was seeking to bring Fraser back on loan. Suddenly, he's back today on a 30 month deal.

There was someone on pie and bovril that knows him saying he had come back up to Scotland a number of days ago and told Bolton he wanted to sign for us.

Maybe Bolton just got fed up with him and told him to go.

Or maybe the extra game against St Johnstone will pay for it. :clapping:

Very surprised as I thought he was out of favour with Archie. He was amazing in the first few games but then seemed to disappear. He has talent to keep him in the team and potential to become an even better player.

If we sold him in 2 years time we might well get a healthy profit.

Anyway, welcome back Gary and best of luck at fir hill

Excellent news. Welcome back Gary and all the best :thumbsup:

I have to say I have been really impressed with how this has been carried out by Gary and Partick Thistle and most of all by Archie.

Gary has looked like he has grown up after what was a very bad incident. He could have stayed at Bolton and collected far more wages than he would get with us.

He has rewarded the club and Archie and shown loyalty by signing a lengthy new deal. If he keeps up his early promise he has the prospect of being one of the big prospects in the game and by signing a long term deal has likely guaranteed Thistle a big deal at some point as well as shown that even if we are relegated he will be here for a bit

I have been impressed with the club with this because they have shown that they are willing to give a young player a chance after a bad incident if he is willing to knuckle down and both learn and improve himself which Gary has done so. It also shows Partick Thistle as a club willing to give young players a chance and in my opinion it looks good to the young players we have that Gary who was clearly very highly rated down in England has a real desire to succeed at Partick Thistle

Most of all Archie deserves massive credit, despite being new to the Management game he really handled the whole situation very well. I shudder to think how Dick Campbell and Gerry Collins would have behaved. He rated Gary as a huge prospect in the game, saw he had made a bad mistake in a game but rather than throwing him out of the club, wisely taken him under his wing, given the lad a chance to make amends, and show everyone the undoubted potential he has as well as throughout show Gary how much he valued him and how keen he was to get him to sign for Partick Thistle.

Very well done Archie :thumbsup2:

• Like 5

Sky Sports - "Having made the move to the Reebok Stadium in the summer of 2013 from Hamilton Academical, the 19-year-old joined the Firhill outfit on loan in July and went on to make four appearances for Alan Archibald's side. The teenager failed to make an appearance for the Trotters first-team during his 18 months at the club." :loco:

I first seen him against DUTD and thought 'where did we find this guy?' he was superb against County aswell, he looked like an EPL player playing in Scotland . dunno what happened after the Hearts game, he gave the ball away then they scored but as far as I remember he didn't have a bad game then he's frozen out then the suspension. good bit of business by Archie, hopefully he'll get clearance to play tomorrow though I doubt he will be match fit.

I thought that the use of the word hiccup was apt.

In the same sort of way that you could describe the invasion of Poland in 1939 as a minor blemish in Anglo/German relationships.

Said at the time that's either the last we see of Fraser or the last Bolton will see of him. The latter kind of in jest but that's the way it's turned out. Gut feeling is this is a great bit of business. Fraser won't exactly replace Osbourne, nor indeed Sean Welsh if fate has it, but Gary has all the potential to become an amalgam of the other two. Gotta be fair to the lad and emphasise it's potential we're signing. That said Fraser lacks little in strength or awareness so I'm sure he could come into the team tomorrow and do a grand job,

Who knows we might have another Ronnie Glavin in the making :)

In the same sort of way that you could describe the invasion of Poland in 1939 as a minor blemish in Anglo/German relationships.

Said at the time that's either the last we see of Fraser or the last Bolton will see of him. The latter kind of in jest but that's the way it's turned out. Gut feeling is this is a great bit of business. Fraser won't exactly replace Osbourne, nor indeed Sean Welsh if fate has it, but Gary has all the potential to become an amalgam of the other two. Gotta be fair to the lad and emphasise it's potential we're signing. That said Fraser lacks little in strength or awareness so I'm sure he could come into the team tomorrow and do a grand job,

Who knows we might have another Ronnie Glavin in the making :)

Oh for a Ronnie Glavin! :happy2: