Just In....

javeajag

Thought Mair did well today, considering lack of game time. Fraser clearly short of game time as well, but did OK before running out of steam and giving away the ball too easily. Defence was much improved I thought and did what they needed to do (apart from the final 2 ******* minutes). Schoolboy stuff really, and Gallacher rightly gave them a bollocking.

Archie said Fox was injured and that was why Gallacher was in. Maybe that's the official line for the media rather than admitting he was dropped. In any case, Gallacher did well, good save one on one with Boyd and great penalty save. Good communication also.

As for the ref, absolutely dreadful all afternoon. Boyd got free kicks every time he fell down or moaned: meanwhile Taylor was barged held and battered all day and got nothing. At one point, he was virtually being bummed at the corner flag and ref played on.

But 3 games unbeaten so not too despondent.

You are an embarrassment to yourself and Jags fans in general, take some time out and give yourself a chance to get back at least a little credibility.

Says you lol Archie wont last the season sooner you realise that the better! Total incompetence

ps Hello Archie! Your a shite manager

Just Archie's reaction to the game today on OS

No mention why he persisted with playing Taylor when it was obvious that after 60 mins he just wasn't involved in the game

Looking at our players available for Tuesday night if Taylor is fit then surely he must give Doolan his place up front paying off Taylor

Thought Mair played well considering he only joined yesterday and probably had 1 training session with us.

Looked strong in the air and kept it simple.

Looks a decent signing.

I thought Mair was excellent, plus his challenge mid air in the second half was top class. All he needs to do is help Conrad pass. Awful.

I thought Mair was excellent today, between him and Banzo for Mom. If we'd have held out it would have been in large part down to him.

Balatoni was to blame for the goal. Muirhead went up to challenge for the header in midfield and Balatoni went clattering through the back of him resulting in both missing the ball and leaving a huge hole in the back line for the guy to run through. Total schoolboy stuff. Don't tackle your own players.

Craigen giving the ball away meekly seconds before didn't help either.

Let's still put this in perspective. Another game we should have won. When we find the winning combination we'll start picking up points.

Archie's subs were wrong and late. He'll learn. Just hope it's soon.

Elliott is...

Ps Hello thistlenowthistlefoerver! You are a moron and a cretin

I don't think you should bite. Must say it's sad if some posters on here are in fact Jags fans but also feel the need to be a wind up merchant. Sad enough spending their Saturday nights trolling in the first place.

As for the game yet another example of us snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Not sure why the introduction of Muirhead should've been pivotal. Imo Fraser was actually subbed too late and I'm not sure who else other than Aaron would've been preferable. I suppose as others have pointed out bringing Muirhead on vastly increases the likelihood of us defending that bit deeper. That said the rest of the midfield not being able to hold the ball further up the pitch was more cause for concern.

Usually think Archie doesn't dither and makes his substitutions early but today I felt he left it all a bit late. The fact that there were as many as four players needing taken off maybe delayed his decisions but that's a poor excuse. I agree Killie are a poor lot and I really feel we should've had taken five more points in the three games we've played. They did tho' defend very well today but even so we still should've more than edged it.

• Like 2

Usually think Archie doesn't dither and makes his substitutions early but today I felt he left it all a bit late..

Will post my thoughts on the game later but sorry LIB, this is so wildly off the mark, I had to comment. Archie has never made substitutions early and it yet again cost us today.

Will post my thoughts on the game later but sorry LIB, this is so wildly off the mark, I had to comment. Archie has never made substitutions early and it yet again cost us today.

Always thought that was the difference between Archie and McNamara but if I'm wrong then I'll accept that. More to the point he certainly didn't make the substitutions early enough today.

Erm, to get back on topic, if you're struggling to dominate midfield 4-4-2 definitely isn't the solution.

I think 4-4-2 would have been worth trying again. It Looked ok against Ross County. Essentially when Muirhead came on we were playing 5-4-1 as he was too deep. 4-4-2 would maybe have forced Killie to defend a bit deeper themselves.

I think 4-4-2 would have been worth trying again. It Looked ok against Ross County. Essentially when Muirhead came on we were playing 5-4-1 as he was too deep. 4-4-2 would maybe have forced Killie to defend a bit deeper themselves.

Not with players dead on their feet. If someone walked into the ground for the last 15 minutes they wouldn't have a clue what formation we were playing.

• Like 1

I agree that Muirhead coming on leads us to drop too deep, but when we were playing 4-4-2 late on against County the match had already turned into game of Russian Roulette, as both midfields had gone AWOL. We were just shelling it forward in the hope that someone would win the second ball. Most of the time we would get overrun in midfield. In fact, the proof of this is that we're already getting overrun when Craigen disappears after 50 minutes.

Fair points, although I'd say Dools fresh legs and work rate in tandem with Taylor would have given them major problems. They dominated midfield later on in the game partly because they were able to play higher up the pitch from the back.

• Like 1

I am happy-clappy. I accept this. I say this because I would rather watch an ultimately failed attempt at staying up while playing proper football than watch us cling on in this division playing something more pragmatic.

Don't get me wrong, I understand some people have a "it's winning that's what important" viewpoint, and I understand it. However I don't share it. I remember coming out of Ross County's league winning game and thinking "Christ, if that's what it takes to get up, then you can keep it, I'm happy were we are". I still think that.

Consequently, I still look forward to each game. And I enjoy large portions of each game we play. For the avoidance of doubt, this has not always been the case. It certainly wasn't under the Bunnet.

I guess what I'm saying is that I am happy with Archie and what he's doing. I say this even if we ultimately fail to stay up this year (and to be honest I think we will walk any playoff- the one thing that's surprised me this season is how big the gap is between top and second division is). However I now accept that we may go down. But so long as we continue trying to play football I can live with that. I would want him retained even if we went down.

But I think it's easy to be too negative. From what I've see,Archie is a good judge of player (I liked Mair today). And last season at least shows he is tactaclly astute (even if this season shows he's got plenty to learn still). Let's not forget there was a general consensus that Jackie may have failed to win promotion ladt seaon, the way our away form was immediately prior to his leaving. Archie was massive in getting us here.

I am aware this is a slightly drunken meandering rant. So be it. I am happy clappy. Here's to Archie

• Like 6

you're ok Duke, if it were up to me Archie would have 2 more seasons in charge no matter what league we are in, unless of course we went down to the Sevco league(highly unlikely)! I still believe he'll keep us up..........in saying that he has a lot to learn but i trust that he will.........given time

Edited by DublinMagyar
  • Like 1

I am happy-clappy. I accept this. I say this because I would rather watch an ultimately failed attempt at staying up while playing proper football than watch us cling on in this division playing something more pragmatic.

Don't get me wrong, I understand some people have a "it's winning that's what important" viewpoint, and I understand it. However I don't share it. I remember coming out of Ross County's league winning game and thinking "Christ, if that's what it takes to get up, then you can keep it, I'm happy were we are". I still think that.

Consequently, I still look forward to each game. And I enjoy large portions of each game we play. For the avoidance of doubt, this has not always been the case. It certainly wasn't under the Bunnet.

I guess what I'm saying is that I am happy with Archie and what he's doing. I say this even if we ultimately fail to stay up this year (and to be honest I think we will walk any playoff- the one thing that's surprised me this season is how big the gap is between top and second division is). However I now accept that we may go down. But so long as we continue trying to play football I can live with that. I would want him retained even if we went down.

But I think it's easy to be too negative. From what I've see,Archie is a good judge of player (I liked Mair today). And last season at least shows he is tactaclly astute (even if this season shows he's got plenty to learn still). Let's not forget there was a general consensus that Jackie may have failed to win promotion ladt seaon, the way our away form was immediately prior to his leaving. Archie was massive in getting us here.

I am aware this is a slightly drunken meandering rant. So be it. I am happy clappy. Here's to Archie

Maybe a bit all over the place, I don't care you echo what I feel this is a good team an honest manager and one that needs supported not derided so let's get behind them not on their backs.

That's not happy clappy that is the job of a fan anyone that thinks differently is a moron that knows f all about football or the jags.

Says you lol Archie wont last the season sooner you realise that the better! Total incompetence

ps Hello Archie! Your a shite manager

Obvious you are too immature to take a bit of advise, more likely you won't last the season out but that seems like a good thing as you obviously know f all about the game or the jags so crawl back under your shell and give us all some peace for some grown up conversation.

I've seen that movie before - we really should have about 15 points more than we actually have.

We played some good stuff in the first half - Lawless and O'Donnell showing the form & confidence I had hoped to see more often this season. We were pretty awful in the second half though with Fraser, Craigen and Taylor all running on empty. I had always been quite impressed by Archie making bold substitutions but his judgement has been way off recently. If Muirhead was fit, I would definitely have started him at centre back particularly if I had known that Kilmarnock's only tactic was hoofing high balls to Boyd. Instead he sat just in front of our back four. Elliot...why?

We punted away too much possession in the second half and ended up with a 7-1-2 formation. The most galling thing was that Killie were so dreadful that they only had two serious attempts at goal, both in the last five minutes. However, if you keep giving the ball away and allow the opposition to keep firing it into your box, it's almost inevitable that they will score...especially if you add some comedy defending.

Positives - Bannigan & ATS excellent...but both suspended for Tuesday.

I believe this is just about our longest ever run at home without winning but I've enjoyed watching the current side more than any other since the 70's. I don't know if we will finish 11th but from what I've seen only 4 sides have looked better than us.