Celtic Game

Butters

I was too near the Jungles for my liking at the last game in October? Any idea how my mate and I can switch to the excellent main stand facility for this upcoming fixture?

give them the entire jhs, and all jags supporters can.go in ns and main stand.

Solves any segregation problems, gives us enough seats for all jags who wish to attend game, and lets club get income @ £25 a head for over 6000 green bigots

problem solved, for an otherwise nonsense thread

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 2

Solves any segregation problems, gives us enough seats for all jags who wish to attend game, and lets club get income @ £25 a head for over 6000 green bigots

Can we bring the soap?

iMAC sounds outrageous and IMO (love it when us old foggies can use the new speak) they are trying to make a point by going to the extreme based on a previous line from the club. Yet at the heart of it, is a sound principle to maximize revenue for a game which has a unique set of circumstances that can attract a larger than usual audience . An idea that Kilmarnock weren't adverse to in a couple of occurrences or Dunfermilne , but it does not mean refusing access to jags fans and season ticket holders , but sell them on the proposition of moving for this game with unique circumstances to allow for a larger return. A qualification being that additional revenue either goes directly to the players budget or is used to pay down deficits.

just a thought .

Wonder if anyone could shed some light - I hv been taking my young nephew to most games lately at home and was wondering if there's anyway I can get him to the Celtic game with us sitting together. I am a season ticket holder

I'd say the best bet would be seats in the Main Stand. Unless of course your season ticket is in section that wasn't allocated to the Celtic fans back in October and there is a free seat next you?

So, some don't like going to see us play the old firm, but what about the couple of thousand who do want to go and support our team?

Do we just say feck off your no getting a ticket or your season ticket is void for this game?

Strange how the same punters who were bleating about their precious North Stand seats are now happy to hand over the JHS too.

What next - pre match drinks in Munro's?

Edited by One t in Scotland

I know it covering very old ground but this is what I think the best suggestion is.

We would all get to see the game while having an almost full capacity to maximise the revenue with no segregation issues.

It would mean moving season ticket holders from the JHS for one game - big deal. If it adds another £40,000 to our income I'd be happy to move.

I know it covering very old ground but this is what I think the best suggestion is.

We would all get to see the game while having an almost full capacity to maximise the revenue with no segregation issues.

It would mean moving season ticket holders from the JHS for one game - big deal. If it adds another £40,000 to our income I'd be happy to move.

Its a big deal for the season ticket holders

Its a big deal for the season ticket holders

Not for me it's not. I'm quite happy sacrificing my seat if it means extra revenue for the club.

If the idea was put to the season ticket holders in a constructive manner, I'm sure the vast majority would agree.

A section of our fans have to move for one or two games per season at the moment anyway, why shouldn't it be the Jackie Husband?

I myself as a ST holder wouldn't mind moving. I can see the bigger picture and the Club could benefit from the sale of a good few thousand extra tickets. That's the positive but there's a downside. I'm not certain that there wouldn't be sizeable discontent amongst the ST fraternity. That would be OK if it was only a very small handful of fans and there would be no threat to future ST sales.

What concerns me is how many might be questioning the value of a ST as it is. Rearranged fixtures, less additional benefits and the TAG delay hasn't helped. Could be a case of straw and camel.

Jag posts above "If the idea was put to the season ticket holders in a constructive manner". That might do the trick but the Club hasn't exactly displayed a great deal of tact in that department of late.

I myself as a ST holder wouldn't mind moving. I can see the bigger picture and the Club could benefit from the sale of a good few thousand extra tickets. That's the positive but there's a downside. I'm not certain that there wouldn't be sizeable discontent amongst the ST fraternity. That would be OK if it was only a very small handful of fans and there would be no threat to future ST sales.

What concerns me is how many might be questioning the value of a ST as it is. Rearranged fixtures, less additional benefits and the TAG delay hasn't helped. Could be a case of straw and camel.

Jag posts above "If the idea was put to the season ticket holders in a constructive manner". That might do the trick but the Club hasn't exactly displayed a great deal of tact in that department of late.

Lets look to the longer term too, when / if the other half of the OF get up would that mean 4 moves a season for ST holders, and say Aberdeen start to bring the crowds of the late 80's early 90's would that be 6 moves........... and in a potential relegation / decider against say Hibs another move

Where does it end, where does operating profitable end up selling out your soul

Not the worst shout.

Totally agree with Yoda, fill the JHS with them , give the north stand ST holders their places there ( me included ) and allocate the main stand and any other area to JHS ST holders first followed by tickets for whats left and I'm sure we could fill the stadium this time around, and after all, at the last game, it was us North stand fans who were moved .

Totally agree with Yoda, fill the JHS with them , give the north stand ST holders their places there ( me included ) and allocate the main stand and any other area to JHS ST holders first followed by tickets for whats left and I'm sure we could fill the stadium this time around, and after all, at the last game, it was us North stand fans who were moved .

Some of us JHS Season ticket holders were moved too for the last game. My seat was right in the demarcation zone between us and the Celtic fans so I had to move. Opted for the Main Stand out of nostalgia but might just move to another seat in the JHS this time.

Although in saying that I'm not adverse to Yoda's suggestion of giving them the entire JHS and keeping everyone together.

I think that the best scenario here would be for

Celtic to have the chance to win the title at Firhill

We give their supporters as much of the ground as possible and therefore generate as high a revenue as possible

We beat them so that they don't win and can't celebrate.

Everybody (that matters) happy.

Then again, that might just cause a riot and the damage to the ground might be more than the revenue generated. May be best to beat them soundly, maybe 4-0 or 5-0 so that their supporters start to vanish early.

• Like 1

Tickets online now It looks like Celtic have half the JHS, the NS and half the main stand as the areas unavailable to buy are

(JHS) JH7, JH8, JH9

(North Stand) ALL

(Main Stand) M6, M7, M8

There are 2800 seats available to buy in the Thistle end

Edited by Norgethistle