Just In V Celtic

Lionel J. Botch

Ooft, that was grim. Gave them far too much room to play and got punished for it. However, games against Celtic are not going to define our season, but we need to up a gear for Saturday. Some decent performances but is it just me that thinks Prince is a bit of a passenger?

Now.....

Stewarding and segregation an absolute shambles. I was under the impression that segregation was a legal requirement at scottish football, obviously not at Firhill.

Having left the stadium I could not walk up past the main stand to the car at murano st. Having debated with the police, I was instructed to walk down onto Maryhill road, past the chippy and back up, through all the Celtic fans I was looking to avoid, back onto Firhill st with 2 kids. The police says it was a joke but it is a decision of the match commander!

All in all I have had a sh1t game and evening.

It got pretty heated in the city end of the JHS, where a sizable gaggle of Celtic fans (I am sure there is more apt collective noun for them, but it is late) decided it would be fun to taunt the home support, and a number of our lot responded in kind. Plod couldn't haven't been less interested. From what I have been reading on Twitter the atmosphere in the Main Stand was even more poisonous.

In fairness to the club there isn't much they can do, save restricting access to the JHS to season ticket holders only. But, of course, doing that means losing out on a sizable chunk of income.

Don't agree about Prince. Thought he was our best player. Funny how things can be seen differently.

Yeh I'd put Fraser as our best overall but Bauben was a close second. In the first half he was the player making all the tackles and taking composed touches then passed. The rest of the team was rabbits in the headlights in the first 15 mins. Showed his experience.

Main stand was an absolute joke regarding the Celtic fans. Whole sections of them singing and celebrating. Police didn't do much about it for about half an hour till I think they eventually took some out. If thistle had scored there could of been real problems. Horrible fans and I don't believe the "it's a minority" rubbish. It's a majority - namely the ones that actually go to games - that are terrible.

Zero mention of this in the media. It's the worst incident I can think of seeing in a stand at a football game in years.

Also got overly patted down and searched before the game. Obviously didn't do this to the numerous Celtic fans that had flares.

Anyway, not nice scenes and completely took away a good performance by us. Got punished by a far superior team.

EDIT: also the worst pie I've ever had a football game.

Edited by read'n'yell

Seems strange to be saying after a trouncing but I didn't feel any of our players were that poor tonight. In fact I think the likes of Bannigan, Fraser & Bauben had good games. If tho' you highlight errors and movement breaking down then Prince would be the worst culprit but you have to factor in the many other positives in his game.

Perhaps the game plan was wrong but when you lose such a soft goal so early I wouldn't be so sure. We saw the rest of the first half out well enough after all. Archie was suggesting on the radio that we could've done something to keep the goal difference down. Meaning I suppose trying to shut up shop after Elliott's goal. I don't have an opinion on that but let's hope it doesn't come back to bite us. If we keep the heads up I don't believe it will matter.

Btw the non booking of Izaguirre in the first half would be shocking if we hadn't come to expect displays of such favouritism towards the ugly sisters.

• Like 1

Allyo

Wit do ye no agree aboot the criticism of buaban aboot. He wisnae the worst but he's no kicked a baw yet. Fraser is young an selt the jerseys too but he needs an experienced player to play with. We miss ossy desperately. Sod and sinky left us exposed. It was as bad as I've ever seen. No composure. Need to start to man up cos Perth seems a million miles away

From what has been said -

onfield i thought buaben done as good as any of our players- so don't know where that claim comes from - have you been in country and seen games last 4 months?

however, whoever is in charge of 'big match'sh*t or (same said) liason should take a fecking good look at themselves. asked plenty polis, after events, to remove (outside or elsewhere) and was telt to shut up or else. Just shows if the office selt tickets to these fannies they should get a bollicking, and if not once more the polis should get a kicking for defaming, insulting, threatening (personal + physical ) to well behaved, paying customers (much as they will describe these 'supporters' of an east end charity team), but i forget they are TGFITW, all 500billion of them. FTOF OTIG

i paid for tickets legit they did not!

From what has been said -

onfield i thought buaben done as good as any of our players- so don't know where that claim comes from - have you been in country and seen games last 4 months?

however, whoever is in charge of 'big match'sh*t or (same said) liason should take a fecking good look at themselves. asked plenty polis, after events, to remove (outside or elsewhere) and was telt to shut up or else. Just shows if the office selt tickets to these fannies they should get a bollicking, and if not once more the polis should get a kicking for defaming, insulting, threatening (personal + physical ) to well behaved, paying customers (much as they will describe these 'supporters' of an east end charity team), but i forget they are TGFITW, all 500billion of them. FTOF OTIG

i paid for tickets legit they did not!

We were always likely to lose this game however we have handed Ross Co a lifeline for Saturday destroyed a good bit of goal advantage which could be critical at the end and because we chased a game at 3-1 which we never looked like pulling back have been on the end of a mauling which must affect the players for our own game come the weekend,all in all a very very poor day at the office.

Last night was a shambles in many respects (and a disgrace in the home stands from the Scumbhags/the inactive Polis and stewards). I will therefore focus on the biggest positive I took from the night:

The Firhill pitch looks brilliant at the moment - bowling green-esque.

Bludy Nitemare.

And yeah. I think baubin is a passenger, Headless chicken springs to mind.

8-(

Don't agree about Prince. Thought he was our best player. Funny how things can be seen differently.

My impression was he started the game well and was good for us in the first half - when the game was more compact. Second half when it opened out more and we really needed someone to put the foot in to stop their runners in he was found wanting. He tended to be behind the play a bit then and when he did put a tackle in it was almost always too weak and he got brushed aside. He wasn't the only one this happened to but it happened really consistently with him.

My conclusion is he's a good player for certain types of game - i.e. where the opposition don't outmatch us physically and Bannigan and Fraser can control things without extra help. Against Celtic last night we needed Osbourne or someone equally strong to help them out. I reckon Bauben could be good for us against the likes of St Mirren and Killie but against the likes of Inverness a more physical player is required. Either that or he needs to learns to tackle properly.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 2

Should we not have just given them the whole ground, let them get on with it and kept the gate receipts? I've not heard of any jags fan who had a pleasant experience last night.

As much as that's the far end of the scale, after last night, i think you will see less and less Thistle fans attending these games. Regardless of them having a season ticket or not.

• Like 1

As much as that's the far end of the scale, after last night, i think you will see less and less Thistle fans attending these games. Regardless of them having a season ticket or not.

Take your point and you are probably right, it's a shame and cracks me up cos I want us all to watch our team regardless of who rolls into town...in a funny kind of way it makes me want to go to these type of games even more...

• Members

Difficult to have pleasant experience when you're on the wrong end of a 5-1 defeat, however, other than the result, the only thing that bugged me last night was Jags fans round about me paying more attention to the Celtic fans celebrating their team winning the league. Last night was purely down to it being the game where Celtic clinched the title.

The Club have not organised away support well this season. Hopefully they will have a think about it over the close season and come up with better plans for next season. Personally, I think they need to upgrade the Old Main Stand and get the away support of all Clubs in there. It was crazy having part of the Jags support in that stand and the JHS along with Celtic fans.

Looking at it from a different angle but in general agreement. I wouldn't be averse to seeing a season ticket offered at a pro rata lower price and games against the ugly sisters treated as a cup game. ST holders could then decide if they want to attend or not. If they do they get in at normal rather than inflated gate price.

Don't know if that's an everyone a winner scenario but having choice in varying ST packages is a positive.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

Looking at it from a different angle but in general agreement. I wouldn't be averse to seeing a season ticket offered at a pro rata lower price and games against the ugly sisters treated as a cup game. ST holders could then decide if they want to attend or not. If they do they get in at normal rather than inflated gate price.

Don't know if that's an everyone a winner scenario but having choice in varying ST packages is a positive.

That's actually a really good idea LIB.

One for the club to think about. And would mean that we could give them the whole JH stand.

To be totally honest we were well beaten by a vastly superior team, end of. Meither the team nor sections of our support did themselves any favours last night.

That said, we've got to dust ourselves down and get back in the swing of things for Saturday. Last night won't have a fundamental bearing on our season, unless we let it.

Celtic would have rolled over any team in the division last night.

They exposed our main flaws, early goals in each half, lack of concentration from the off, then a couple of sucker punches in injury time. The final score was a bit of a boot in the haw maws. In a way, it might be a positive that the league title was on the line. To get 5 put past us in a meaningless game to them, might have been a bit more of a blow to the confidence.

So hopefully the boys dust themselves off, work hard in training for a couple of days and are ready to show that we have what it takes on Saturday.