V St Johnstone, Mcdiarmid Park, Saturday 29Th March 2014

stillresigned

Stevie Lawless must be looking back at the summer and think, what an idiot he's been.

As it is, he's sitting earning the same basic wage as last year, hardly any appearance fees, never mind goal scoring bonuses.

I don't see a player with ambition, drive, a work ethic, when I see lawless now. I see that in Elliott.

He might be limited in ability. But he'll run through a brick wall for you. And it seems does exactly what the manager asks of him. Elliott or Lawless? It's a no brainer for me.

Hats off to the lad.

Totally on the nail. Christie is limited, but has drive and ambition and..as others have said..tries to make the best of what he has. A player with real heart and I will take that any time.

• Members

If Mair is out, I'd go for McMillan to replace him. I thought about maybe dropping Bauben back into the centre of defence and although I think he could do a job there if high balls were going to be flung in, I reckon we are more likely going to be up against Mclean, May and Hasslebank, smaller nipper players that Bauben could struggle against. Our defensive mids are really going to have to be on their game today.

With the defensive problems we have and Higgy being out anything taken from this game will be a bonus. Saints are in reasonable form and we don't often get anything up there

I've never seen us win there.

<_<

And I very much doubt if I'll see us win there today.

'Cos I'm not going.

:(

'Monra Jags!

I'm not sure it matters who we play as attacking midfielders and

forwards if the defensive side of things isn't up to scratch

we need to be up for it from the start- get in their faces- don't give them time on the ball and when we win it back, attack with a porpoise. If we get the first goal and want it more they may not be too keen for a battle. A win today would be massive......at the end of the day

Cliche ridden pish but essentially true

Elliot in for Higgy... Lawless in for Higgy... a porpoise in for Higgy...

SPFL rules clearly state that all players must be human.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

Edited by ScottyDFA

Elliot in for Higgy... Lawless in for Higgy... a porpoise in for Higgy...

SPFL rules clearly state that all players must be human.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

All this talk of whether it should be Elliot or Lawless - surely it will be Doolan, if we are going on the offensive. On the other hand it might be worth giving Moncur a start to be a bit more defensive, although he is described as a 'box to box midfielder'

Paul Gallacher, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Stuart Bannigan, Prince Buaben, Christie Elliott, Lee Mair, Jordan McMillan, Lyle Taylor, Gary Fraser, Chris Erskine, Gabriel Piccolo.

Final team up.

Not got high hopes for the game with Picollo and Elliott. But more than happy to be proven wrong. Agree with bringing in McMillan, O'Donnell in recent weeks seems to be involved in most goals we concede. Erskine and Elliot aren't really the holding the ball wingers that Lawless or Higgy are, so can see St Jonstone having a lot of the ball.

I'd usually curse Elliot starting but after his goal last week I don't have complaints. Deserves at least one start for it and with Higgy out it comes at ideal time.

On a positive note, I'm confident with our midfield three and Taylor. So if the defense does it's job, we could nick a draw or win.

Edited by read'n'yell