V St Johnstone, Mcdiarmid Park, Saturday 29Th March 2014

stillresigned

Well after all the weeping and gnashing of teeth occasioned by the visit of our neighbors the other night its time for the Jags to travel north once again and see if we can get our season back on the right track against the Perth Saints.

Again, I personally see the real problem as being poor defending and poor defensive cover being provided by the midfield. Our deficiencies at the back were exposed by Inverness and more clinically by Celtic at Firhill. In all probability this is likely to be a tight game, unless our gubbing last night makes the squad's confidence go AWOL, but if not we should be looking to grab at least a point here.

The time for excuses has gone now and the only thing that matters now is putting points on the board,

Midfield to front we were OK last night. Defensively we were poor but no other team in Scotland can live with Celtic when they are playing at full speed.

Piccolo was decent and not to blame for the goals.

I think like Archie if we don't defend like we did last night we'll be OK on Saturday. As long as Killie, County and St Mirren don't win a low scoring defeat would be acceptable.

Win please.

Worth going 4-4-2 with dools coming in? So Bannigan on left, Erskine right, bauben and Fraser centre. Dools Taylor upfront and usual defence.

If not, same formation and bring in Lawless for Higgy.

But I think Archie will start Elliot after his goal. Could be worth resting Taylor and playing Doolan in this one I think. Will give Taylor a rest and also a boot to kick in for the final five fixtures.

Feeling very confident with this one. Only doubt comes with the lack of creativity and ability to hold the ball up front without Higgy.

I think Elliott did himself a lot of good with his sub appearance last night and could be a straight replacement for Higgy on the right.

Not feeling confident in the slightest about this game and I feel there is a chance the players confidence will be shot to pieces after Wednesday It doesn't really matter that it was Celtic a humping is a humping and confidence is a massive factor in football,having said all that I hope I am posting on Monday saying how wrong I was!

Elliot deserves the chance to step in for Higgy. Craigen hasn't had a chance to stake a claim, Lawless has been worse than anonymous on his brief sub appearances. So Elliot on the right, Erskine to the left.

We should be looking to take something from this game. St Johnstone will have a changed team again, and although they're playing for semi-final places, there could be a couple of rusty performances in their starting 11. We need to take the game to them right from the start and prove we want to win it.

Mair evidently extremely doubtful with an ankle knock. Hopefully not but if correct we're unbelievably down to bare bones considering the options we had at centreback. I'm not certain that St J pose too much of an aerial threat so McMillan might not be troubled too much with lack of height. Even at that Elliott might just come into contention as he'll add a bit of height to defending set pieces.

Said before he picked up his last booking that it may be better Higgy gets that yellow earlier than being suspended during the six pointers. That said he'll be a big miss. Don't know how Archie will play it. He could if Mair is out be tempted to replace Higgy with a more defensive player or stay positive and start Doolan, Lawless or Elliott. My money would be on Elliott as he can track back.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

MacLean & May are no slouches in the air, Murray Davidson is a big lad too. McMillan at CB would be a worry. Is Brownlie still out on loan? He hasn't featured the past few weeks for Cowden.

Brownlie i think has been out with a slight injury. Lindsay also missed a game recently as well. Curse of the centrebacks? I'm fairly sure Murray Davidson is injured but I agree he's good in the air.

Elliot deserves the chance to step in for Higgy. Craigen hasn't had a chance to stake a claim, Lawless has been worse than anonymous on his brief sub appearances.

Really, lawless has played 41 min from the end of January for us. So for 5 or 6 games that's an average of between 7/8 mins a game.

So for him not to be anonymous in 8 min, he would need to be something special. From the same period Elliot has played 140 min, what has he done?

Not sensitive at all, but calling people muppets cos he has a different opinion, minted. We can all call other members names, but some of us know how to have an opinion without name calling.

So if my opinion offends you, block me or try sticking to giving your own opinion and we can have an adult debate,instead of resorting to childish reply's.