Jags Vs St Mirren - Game Chat

Paulo

Note to Higgy - you cost us two points tonight.

Note to Fraser - you are not Jim Baxter.

Opportunity missed once again.

Sorry, this is dross. It was NOT EVER a penalty, unless there's a new rule that says you're allowed to fling yourself to the deck when you feel an opponent's breath on your back.

Just can't believe Higgy's getting stick off Thistle fans (ok singular). Higgy has BEEN Thistle for a large chunk of this season, set Dools up beautifully for the opener and was the most creative player on the pitch. BUT gets accused of costing us two points.

I'm all for a diverse range of opinions on all things Thistle, but I find stuff like this really difficult to take in.

• Like 1

Sorry, this is dross. It was NOT EVER a penalty, unless there's a new rule that says you're allowed to fling yourself to the deck when you feel an opponent's breath on your back.

Just can't believe Higgy's getting stick off Thistle fans (ok singular). Higgy has BEEN Thistle for a large chunk of this season, set Dools up beautifully for the opener and was the most creative player on the pitch. BUT gets accused of costing us two points.

I'm all for a diverse range of opinions on all things Thistle, but I find stuff like this really difficult to take in.

Christ Almighty mate, I'm all for standing up for everything Thistle, but THAT WAS A PENALTY whichever way you look at it.

And yes it was a foul committed by probably the best player afield tonight, but, get this, IT WAS A PENALTY.

And it was a naive penalty to give away.

In my opinion.

I've no intention of trying to re-arrange your opinion, BR, but statements like Higgy cost us two points is, well, shall we say wrong and very unwelcome.

In my opinion.

Btw, as much as I would love to have been there tonight, the Alba coverage which I had to settle for showed that it was no penalty.

• Like 2

I've no intention of trying to re-arrange your opinion, BR, but statements like Higgy cost us two points is, well, shall we say wrong and very unwelcome.

In my opinion.

Btw, as much as I would love to have been there tonight, the Alba coverage which I had to settle for showed that it was no penalty.

My 'cost us two points' comment is based on the assumption that we were comfortable at 1-0 up.

I've no idea what ALBA said (I watched the same feed as presumably you did), but for me it was a stick-on penalty. No contact was necessary on KH's part. Had the same thing happened at the other end, you, me, my cats and the lamplights in Firhill Road would have been screaming for a penalty, and rightly so........

In my opinion, of course.

The 5 mins before the penalty was when i thought Thistle looked their most uncomfortable and St Mirren were the team with the ascendancy.

we were comfortable and in control till Bauben dithered on the ball instead of knocking it wide. we then went under pressure. the rest is history. did learn on the way home he had a dead leg from a challenge with goodwin. that was why he never came out for the second half.

The 5 mins before the penalty was when i thought Thistle looked their most uncomfortable and St Mirren were the team with the ascendancy.

Agree. They gained confidence when they stampeded over Bauben when he failed to make a simple pass to relieve pressure. Don't know what he was thinking. Have been increasingly impressed with him recently but tonight he was awful.

They had a penalty shout- well their players claimed for it - 2 mins before & reckon Murrray keen to give that one.

Higgy got wrong side but looked to me that the boy halfway down before contact made.

Thought Murray had a shocker tonight- 1st half especially. Let a lot go in the middle of the park then gives a pen for their boy falling over.

One other thing.

The banner in the North Stand. Embarrassing.

Captain. Leader. Legend nonsense. Did no one think that it had been done before & associated with John Terry?

We had guys on here last week complaining about the huddle & yet they are probably the very same who produced the banner tonight.

By all means show your support towards the manager if that's what you want to do but at least be original.

The penalty happened right in front of me and my first thought was- he's going to give it, clumsy challenge and the guy went down like a sack of spuds but could have been avoided.

As for blaming the guy- NO WAY

If he's not scoring he's setting goals up- one of the best players Thistle have had in 43 years I've been watching them

Terrible game to watch.There were some moments in the second half when it seemed neither team had the ball.

If we want to get better we need to conquer and play without the fear factor The Midfield didn't look interested in getting into the box, far to many sitting deep, and that wasted some good ball into the box.

Not seen a replay of the pen yet but from the NS the guy seemed to have his hands up in the air to dive well before contact , was quite amazed when it was given.Red and yella specs though.

Dools goal was sublime, Higgy ,as usual ,gave his all and I thought a mention for Balatoni too.Guys like Thompson , Boyde and Sutton were taking him to the cleaners at the start of the season but he has definatley learned and developed.

If we can play with a bit more freedom we'll be ok.

I thought we looked pretty comfortable at the back compared to most of the season, Mcmillan, Ballatoni, ATS Banzo, Higgy, & Doolan all having good games. Gallagher had very little to do, but I like the way he controls his box, Mair was slightly below his usual self, Erskine defensively was good but had one of his enigma games going forward, Prince looked competent till he got his dead leg and lost possession, Jimmy C worked hard but at times didn't seem to fall for him.

Going forward we looked fantastic at times, and higgy is unplayable when in the mood

I do try to ignore your relentless, remorseless, mind-numbing pish but… wtf? You serious?

Insults insults.....yes I thought fraser was poor and we were clearly better in the first half than the second , it's unfortunate that welsh and Osborne are out as being used more than probably he should be given his age etc.......now that is my honest opinion and others have said the same thing