Just In V St Mirren

stillresigned

One thing I thought was really poor was during the spell of pressure on us just before the penalty was how easily we were letting the cross balls come in.

We must have stood off them and let about five free crosses come into the box without any pressure on them at all.

It's all very well having modern attacking wingbacks but prioritry 1 should be stopping the cross ball coming in.

One thing I thought was really poor was during the spell of pressure on us just before the penalty was how easily we were letting the cross balls come in.

We must have stood off them and let about five free crosses come into the box without any pressure on them at all.

It's all very well having modern attacking wingbacks but prioritry 1 should be stopping the cross ball coming in.

Spot on, I think McMillan had a decent game and aaron but I did say at half time, have they stopped one cross during that time? St mirrens only threat is Thomson with his head but yet every time they crossed it was up to mair or Conrad to fire it out.

Second half was a shambles, we just never got going at all. Felt that Archie should have changed it about about.

Bauben is a nightmare, Erskine was abysmal. The game just passed Craigen by but I thought he put in a decent shift.

Fraser is just as bad as Bauben in my opinion, just doesn't look interested at times.

Putting Higgy out on the right in the 2nd half to try and get Erskine into the game killed our flow.

Would have liked to have seen Taylor come on for Erskine and Archie try and mix it up.

Will take a point as that's all we deserved.

Midfield is the issue for me as we have no bite in the middle. Season could have been so different if Ozzy and Welsh were fit.

Still confident we will pick up a few more points in the remaining games. Hopefully other results go our way.

• Like 1

I thought we were okay. Where I'll get shot down is that I also thought St Mirren were okay. Really pressed us and made it difficult. Either team could have won and a draw was fair. Haven't seen it on telly but I certainly looked straight to the ref when the challenge was made and wasn't surprised.

Not a bad result. If we win in Edinburgh we'll be looking good.

• Members

After watching the highlights, yes, a penalty. Higgy got caught the wrong side of his man and anticipating a quick break then can't get back in time. Didn't realise it at the time, but how close was Christie to Higgy's cutback as well! A little bit less pace on the cross and I think he would have scored.

Second half was a shambles, we just never got going at all. Felt that Archie should have changed it about about.

You can't say that. Anything remotely negative about Archie or the team & you'll have the forum police on you like a shot.

What did the banner say last night in the North Stand? Just remember that next time you choose to criticise him on here!

He knows what he's doing, not tactically naive in anyway & can influence the game through the match but moving certain players positionally.

:thumbsup:

Bauben is a nightmare, Erskine was abysmal. The game just passed Craigen by but I thought he put in a decent shift.

Fraser is just as bad as Bauben in my opinion, just doesn't look interested at times.

Putting Higgy out on the right in the 2nd half to try and get Erskine into the game killed our flow.

Would have liked to have seen Taylor come on for Erskine and Archie try and mix it up.

Will take a point as that's all we deserved.

Midfield is the issue for me as we have no bite in the middle. Season could have been so different if Ozzy and Welsh were fit.

Still confident we will pick up a few more points in the remaining games. Hopefully other results go our way.

Now if I said that the Archie Police would lock me up!

Nailed on penalty for me I'm afraid.

Why? Because the St Mirren player fell down (theatrically) in the box? Do you not think it was a pretty soft shoulder challenge? Which was only really visible from behind, the camera view? In the North Stand, and I'd imagine from where the referee was, all that could be seen was Naismith going down, clearly looking for a penalty.

The referee had a poor game, which sadly is the norm these days, instead of an anomaly.

Why? Because the St Mirren player fell down (theatrically) in the box? Do you not think it was a pretty soft shoulder challenge? Which was only really visible from behind, the camera view? In the North Stand, and I'd imagine from where the referee was, all that could be seen was Naismith going down, clearly looking for a penalty.

The referee had a poor game, which sadly is the norm these days, instead of an anomaly.

I was right behind it in the stand and thought it was definitely a penalty. Yes you can call it soft - he maybe does go down looking for it - but Higginbotham's panicked, coming from the wrong side and barges into him without getting the ball. Thought it was a stupid challenge at the time and having seen the replays haven't changed my mind.

I was right behind it in the stand and thought it was definitely a penalty. Yes you can call it soft - he maybe does go down looking for it - but Higginbotham's panicked, coming from the wrong side and barges into him without getting the ball. Thought it was a stupid challenge at the time and having seen the replays haven't changed my mind.

Fair enough. My view's the opposite, but the referee did agree with you, more's the pity.

edit: just watched it again - COME OAN! Both players run towards the ball, they clash, and Naismith falls straight down, despite being a full head and shoulders taller than Higgs. That was either one hell of an elbow to floor him like that, or it was a straight up con job. If I want to watch fannies desperately try to game penalties out of the officials, I'll stick to watching the EPL.

Edited by peagreenboy

Thought we looked great between 5 minutes and 40 minutes, then it was even stevens for the rest, both teams seemed to get tense as the game went on in the second half probably going from desperate to win to desperate not to lose, and with the league being so tight we'll see this in all the games till security is there

Have seen the "penalty" incident and am now more confident than I was yesterday evening that it wasn't a foul, it was of the variety the H*ns tend to get, particularly at Ibrox. I had my eyes on the referee, or more acurately he was in my direct line of sight and he blew for a spotkick almost immediately, as if he couldn't wait for an opportunity to award a spot kick. I'm not suggesting anything nefarious, but simply that Thomson's continual moaning for 5/10 minutes paid off.

Unfortunately, I thought last night kinda summed up our season a total inability to put games to bed and despite many on here (myself, included) thinking a draw is not too bad a result, I can't help but wonder if all our missed opportunities will come back to haunt us come the end of the season.

Have this horrible feeling that we'll have ample time to regret our profilagacy in front of goal this season. Don't want to come acoss as negative, but at the end of the day football has to include winning and we, frankly haven't been able to do so with any kind of consistency. In the next three games, depending on other results, draws are no longer going to be acceptable. In any normal season expecting to take victories from Easter Road and Tynecastle , in succesive games, would I think be wildly optimistic. However, Ithink this season 4 points would be the minimum we should expect.

Have this horrible feeling that we'll have ample time to regret our profilagacy in front of goal this season. Don't want to come acoss as negative, but at the end of the day football has to include winning and we, frankly haven't been able to do so with any kind of consistency. In the next three games, depending on other results, draws are no longer going to be acceptable. In any normal season expecting to take victories from Easter Road and Tynecastle , in succesive games, would I think be wildly optimistic. However, Ithink this season 4 points would be the minimum we should expect.

Thanks for that, it's the most mature and succinct analysis of our reality after 35 games that has been posted to date.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Ive always felt it's been our defensive flaws that have cost us more rather than the attack.Our goals for and against are on a par with all the teams around us and in fact we've only scored one less than ICT, but failing to hold onto leads and losing late goals has contributed more to our position .

What gives me hope is that our defense has seems to have improved going into the split I'm generally a half empty kinda guy when concerning Thistle but I think we are one of the better teams in the split.

Edited by angry gaz

At the game didn't think it was a pen, on alba didn't think it was a pen...at best it was shoulder to shoulder, at worst it was a st mirren player trying to get goal side of Higgy before falling over...never a pen but ref thought it was and that's what counts.

Ref was gash last night, blatant corner for st mirren at one stage in 2nd half when he was right there and then booked ats for a lunge where he pulls his right foot back when going 50 50 with Goodwin.

Should have won last night like many games this season and I can't believe we haven't beaten them more than once this yr but I think we will be ok in the end. Doolans movement and higgys cross for the goal worth the admission alone...

Defence more solid without gabby. Craigan gets himself into some great positions, just wish he had the quality to deliver when he gets there...