Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

• Members

Is the wrong guy getting it in the neck here? I'm informed that it's Ian Maxwell that runs Firhill on a daily basis and that he reports to David Beattie. If this is correct, then surely it's his decision to recommend to Beattie this is the way to go? David Beattie has his own workload, so it would make sense to back off the running of the Club to someone else. That someone else being the Club's General Manager. So come on Ian, explain yourself?

• Like 2

Sent to Ian Maxwell today:

Subject: Season Ticket renewal and relocation of home supporters from the North stand

Unfortunately. Ill health prevented me from attending the North stand where I usually sit on matchdays. It was with some shock, not to say bewilderment to be told by a friend that in future the North stand would be occupied by visiting supporters, instead of the five hundred or so Partick Thistle supporters whom it is almost universally acknowledged.have contributed not only to the atmosphere in the ground on matchdays. In addition, I would hesitate to add that the presence of a vocal home support, is not entirely unconnected with our title success last season and our relative success this season.

I am not for one minute suggesting that change of purpose viz. the North stand is of and in itself insufficient reason for me not to renew my season ticket. However, the means of its transmission and the paucity of official explanation does in fact constitute such a reason.

Therefore, until a reasonable and justifiable explanation is received from the club of why people should renew their season tickets without any knowledge of where they are to be sitting and why, I will not be renewing my season ticket.

In terms of the most basic customer service and relations, this matter has become an unmitigated disaster. Furthermore, I think the whole episode is unfortunately reminiscent of the Ancien

Regime, which I considered to be a thing of the past, apparently it would seem THAT I was wrong.

Yours sincerely

Is the wrong guy getting it in the neck here? I'm informed that it's Ian Maxwell that runs Firhill on a daily basis and that he reports to David Beattie. If this is correct, then surely it's his decision to recommend to Beattie this is the way to go? Davaid Beattie has his own workload, so it would make sense to back off the running of the Club to someone else. That someone else being the Club's General Manager. So come on Ian, explain yourself?

The Clubs Managing Director, Will. Managing Director.

Petition duly signed. I took out a season ticket last year for the first time in years and sit in the JHS. However the noise from the NS is excellent and really does help generate an atmosphere right around the ground.

There doesn't seem to be a compelling argument from the club to say why this stand should be handed over to away fans so until I hear differently I'll keep my money in my pocket.

Is David Beattie related to Mike Ashley at Newcastle? He's another one who makes ridiculous decisions when the team are doing well!!

Is the wrong guy getting it in the neck here? I'm informed that it's Ian Maxwell that runs Firhill on a daily basis and that he reports to David Beattie. If this is correct, then surely it's his decision to recommend to Beattie this is the way to go? Davaid Beattie has his own workload, so it would make sense to back off the running of the Club to someone else. That someone else being the Club's General Manager. So come on Ian, explain yourself?

I won't hold my breath but it would be good if Mr Maxwell came on here and gave us the full uncensored version of why in a Gods name this decision has been made. It's the very least that should be expected when the club is about to ask them for around £300 for the pleasure of following the football club they love. Come on Ian, what's it all about?

• Members

See this is the problem I have with sending an email! The email is going to go to Ian Maxwell. He can tell the people with real power that it's only a handful of emails and nothing to worry about. They cant ignore a petition if it's presented to them, so please do sign the petition.

So yes, if any of you are friends with David Beattie on Facebook or Twitter, make sure he sees the petition is what I'm saying.

Edited by Willjag

I won't hold my breath but it would be good if Mr Maxwell came on here and gave us the full uncensored version of why in a Gods name this decision has been made. It's the very least that should be expected when the club is about to ask them for around £300 for the pleasure of following the football club they love. Come on Ian, what's it all about?

Or there's Lance Gilmour the clubs Matchday Operations Director, who was posting on the forum the other week after the last home game.

Usually only bother with on the field things on here but Jordahill Jag Jim usually has plenty to say on subjects like this. Is he still an important cog in the fans/board senario. Be interested to hear what he thinks of this fiasco

See this is the problem I have with sending an email! The email is going to go to Ian Maxwell. He can tell the people with real power that it's only a handful of emails and nothing to worry about. They cant ignore a petition if it's presented to them, so please do sign the petition.

So yes, if any of you are friends with David Beattie on Facebook or Twitter, make sure he sees the petition is what I'm saying.

Has no-one got Beatties?

I sent mine to Maxi, [email protected] & [email protected] hopefully some of them make it up the tree...... if they actually care which I doubt, seeing as no statement even though its in todays evening times

Really feeling gutted here for Ian and Dave.

Don't give up lads!

It's not their club. They might have the key's to the palace, but WE are Thistle.

When a manager tell's a player he's dropped, or even want's to try him in a different position, the player's got 2 options. Get pissed off and loose the chance of doing something he loves or see it as another challenge and say "f**k you gaffer. I'm sh1t hot." and prove the tool wrong.

We've got, on his day, the best 12th man in Scotland. Some pundits say the north stand is his best position, but with talent like that he'll scare any opposition, anytime, anywhere.

... ... ... sorry .... i'm goin off on one here .... but ffs... it's been a great season.. ... these eejits can act the c*nt if they want, but they ain't gonna ruin this. We've all waited too long already.

Chin up lads. Forever and ever!

For anyone who's followed Thistle for the length of time I have i.e. 35-49 years I'm afraid the record of the BoD's over the years does not lend itself to giving them the benefit of the doubt. Instances such as allowing the Orange Order to parade at Firhill is only one instance of several that have caused me to question the wisdom of supporting the club. I had thought that up until Saturday, the " bad old days were gone forever". Hoever on the evidence of this announcement, given further credibility by the lack of any official denial from the club.

I really, really just want to support my team and especially don't want to spend my time enaging in compaints of an administrative nature, However, the club must bring itself into the twenty first century and realise that we the supporters have a right to be considered and consulted when important matters of this type are discussed. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case.

two very good posts in amongst many others, but which in themselves sum up the central points of this latest shambles.

• ian and potty been treated despicably, but keep your chins up gents, it's not just you two "and just a few other hotheads" who are upset at this.
  • the supporters are partick thistle ..... those in the ns, the jhs, and those who follow and support from afar or when they can ..... this is our club, not david beatties or ian laxwells, or any other board members private wee club or plaything.
  • the northys value and importance to the team and club is acknowledged and praised by every jags supporter, archie and shaggy, the players, and even tv, radio and press journalists and pundits, as well as even away supports and their players/managers.
  • the current board is sadly continuing the lineage of history of other boards in not having a clue about what the jags support really wants, feels and values ..... boards whose decisions, actions and inactions have cost the club unnecessary losses, heartache and driven away many loyal supporters time and again over the years.
  • none of us if truth be told wish to see, let alone be bothered and upset with, ineptitude and stupidity emanating from the boardroom or club offices, we'd all rather the club was run properly, efficiently and without any need for supporters to get involved in action to highlight or fight their failings, stupidity or shortsightedness.

we must be, and continue to be, united in letting maxi, beattie and rest of clubs custodians know of our disgust and complete unified resistance to the removal of jags fans from the north stand, and that no one will buy a season ticket until the decision is reversed.

so email your objections and feelings (or resend your mail) to all 3 (chair, mail, maxi @ptfc.co.uk), post it on ptfc facebook, tweet the club, sign the petitions, keep up the pressure, and show them the depth of feeling and unitedness amongst the whole thistle support, for the ns to be kept red and yellow this coming season, and every season thereafter.

in addition a grovelling sincere apology should be given to ian and dave for the way they were treated and burdened, and a further apology issued to the whole thistle support, and even archie and the players, for creating a situation that is, and will continue to be a obstacle to progressing the club, as well as having to try reinstill the feelgood and goodwill factors that have been destroyed by the board/beattie/maxi's ineptitude, stupidity and shortsightedness.

in my opinion, this apology should also be signified by the resignation/removal of whomever ultimately this idea originally came from of removing jags supporters from the north stand.

• Like 3

in addition a grovelling sincere apology should be given to ian and dave for the way they were treated and burdened, and a further apology issued to the whole thistle support, and even archie and the players, for creating a situation that is, and will continue to be a obstacle to progressing the club, as well as having to try reinstill the feelgood and goodwill factors that have been destroyed by the board/beattie/maxi's ineptitude, stupidity and shortsightedness.

This.

Am I remembering correctly?

The board moved the executive seats over from the Main to the JH at some expense, which resulted in some direct abuse when things were poor on the pitch. Then it was decided to move back over to the Main Stand.

I don't understand why they would want the most vocal element of the support to be situated right next to them once more, as surely they would be if this moronic plan goes ahead?

I phoned the club earlier and asked about when season tickets would become available to which the response was 'some time this week and that all details about seating arragements will be detailed on the website'.

Hopefully all the good work of the past 2 years will not go to waste and this appalling decision will be reversed. After the highs of Wednesday of looking forward to next season were knocked back down to earth by our own board. Unbelievable. Only we could make it hard for ourselves on the pitch as well as off it.

JJ - Jim Alexander - is not responsible for this in any way.

So I very much doubt he will be putting himself in the firing line - and neither he should.

Having jags fans in the north stand was his idea in the first place, so I can only imagine how he feels just now.

Edited by ian_mac

JJ - Jim Alexander - is not responsible for this in any way.

So I very much doubt he will be putting himself in the firing line - and neither he should.

Having jags fans in the north stand was his idea in the first place, so I can only imagine how he feels just now.

No I never said he was Ian, just that any time there was problems between the fans and board a few years back (One Thistle) Jim seemed to be a bit of a peacemaker between both. We really need someone to go in and seriously discuss this with the board, before it really gets out of hand....it ain't far off that at the moment!

Edited by Lindau

It's times like these you really need strong fans representation to the Board.

It's at all times that we need fan ownership to stop ****head decisions like this ever being made.

The sad thing is, over in Edinburgh, all the years of spending and mismanagement at Hearts will one day result in the fans running the club. Doesn't really seem at all fair.