Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

Sorry what's the issue with the ambassadors? They don't want to be near away fans, so we can't move away fans there?

I don't want to get involved in all the details that's up to the club .... This is exactly why they should have explained themselves better

• Like 1

Been thinking about this all day with an impartial head on. Why this decision and why now. I suspect all chat of old form is a bit of a smoke screen (never, I hear you say).

There is a minor logistical problem when Celtic come in that the NS needs to be moved. I am not sure why this is given several supports have let off smoke bombs in the old stand. A quick FOI request to Scotland's finest and GCC will get the full picture as to the decision made.

I suspect it is more to do with teams bringing larger numbers that are stuck in the corner of the stand where restricted view is an understatement. That's why the plan is to put flags over this section rendering it unusable. After all, it is unlikely to be full of Jags fans. 2 birds with 1 stone as far as the club are concerned, away fans happy, the shed still together (and the manager wants you there!).

I could be a million miles off here, but it's as much as I can come up with.

Having read the Official Website I can't help but think that The Board have a good point. We get behind the dugout in a new improved area with better facilities/ cheaper season ticket and upgraded Aitken Suite. The TV cameras show our support on the box and season ticket holders are not moved around. I used to love that stand when I was younger. Controversial on this thread I know but I think the response of The Board is worth a pause for reflection.

I think when all the logistical issues are laid out there are genuine problems like this one, the Ambassadors , the number of season tickets holders and where, the police etc etc

The solution was not to make a decision and tell the fans but involve them in getting thd best option

Classic incompetence v conspiracy

sorry, it may be just me, or your style of writing, but could you clarify the bold line?

are you saying maxi said to you in your good conversation (is that like a chris jack and david beattie chat?), that the board and maxi thought the solution as to how the stadium is best seated / segregated was they didn't actually make a board decision (weeks if not months ago) and when they told the (two) fans 30 minutes before last game of season (as they appear to have done), it is actually a planned strategy and start of a discussion to involve and engage with the support in getting the best option?

so, the statement on website isn't a decision, it's a way of engaging the fans in discussions?

or are you saying in your opinion (and you told maxi in your good conversation) the solution to north stand vs main stand, home / away supports, was the board should not have made a decision and tell the fans (in the haphazard shambolic and embarrassing way they have) and should have instead engaged with and involved the fanbase first before even considering making a final decision?

if it's the former, what did you say to maxi's claim?

if it's the latter, what did maxi say to your critique?

Having read the Official Website I can't help but think that The Board have a good point. We get behind the dugout in a new improved area with better facilities/ cheaper season ticket and upgraded Aitken Suite. The TV cameras show our support on the box and season ticket holders are not moved around. I used to love that stand when I was younger. Controversial on this thread I know but I think the response of The Board is worth a pause for reflection.

ha ha ha,you're at it right ?

sorry, it may be just me, or your style of writing, but could you clarify the bold line?

are you saying maxi said to you in your good conversation (is that like a chris jack and david beattie chat?), that the board and maxi thought the solution as to how the stadium is best seated / segregated was they didn't actually make a board decision (weeks if not months ago) and when they told the (two) fans 30 minutes before last game of season (as they appear to have done), it is actually a planned strategy and start of a discussion to involve and engage with the support in getting the best option?

so, the statement on website isn't a decision, it's a way of engaging the fans in discussions?

or are you saying in your opinion (and you told maxi in your good conversation) the solution to north stand vs main stand, home / away supports, was the board should not have made a decision and tell the fans (in the haphazard shambolic and embarrassing way they have) and should have instead engaged with and involved the fanbase first before even considering making a final decision?

if it's the former, what did you say to maxi's claim?

if it's the latter, what did maxi say to your critique?

Apologies and happy to clarify

It was the second and I think/hope that is where they will go now

We won't be behind the dugout though, look at the seating plan that the board have proposed.

Why would fans want to stop drinking in pubs like the Star or the Woody to go to the Aitken Suite? Because of the new furniture? Because of Sky Sports? Get real, it's a half arsed and condescending attempt to get the Jags fans on board.

Nice of you to join us Maxi.

• Like 1

An alternative view (pardon the pun) is to be respected.

sorry but you're wrong.

jags fans singers not behind the dugout. sections 6 and 7, thats at far end with away dugout in between. plus jags fans in an area with much poorer acoustics (so projection of singing and backing reduced automatically), and filling only a quarter of it, where the singers are stuck in far away corner of the main stand. it. will. not. work. and no one wants to be relocated there.

aitken suite ..... irrelevant point.

tv cameras show jags support in ns much more than away support in main stand. the tv cameras capture the ns in shot any time ball or action is in front of ns. when camera on main stand, you are lucky to see the bottom couple of front rows in main stand, and thats only when action is right on the byline, due to the angle of cameras from jhs.

the boards "response" as you call it is whatabouterry, deflection, nonsense, bluster and thinking all jags fans are fools. as ian mac said earlier anyone with a braincell can see through the boards statement. and that is honestly not a attempted insult aimed at you, just a statement of how i (and many many others) see it. please don't be fooled by the boards "response" willand.

If putting a basin in the toilet , painting the Aitken suite and taking the bird shit of the seats is better facilities them I'm with you !!

Will be following Javea and Stuartayton's examples and following up emails to IM & DB with hard copy letters. They have to at least tear the envelopes open . . . unless the wee lassie in the office is under orders to open them first and bin any letters critical of the board's stupidity.

Worth a go though, I suppose.

Javeajag. In all honesty, I don't believe you've had a conversation with maxi today at all.

All that's going on is that you fancy a piece of the action, a bit of attention, a chance for you to receive some PMs and have people hanging off your every word.

Muddying the waters.

Tragic in the extreme.

• Like 3

I don't want to get involved in all the details that's up to the club .... This is exactly why they should have explained themselves better

You don't want to get involved in the details? Yet you made reference to there being an issue with the ambassadors?

This came from maxi, and yet neither in talking to us, or in the club statement were ambassadors mentioned.

I'm disappointed you don't want to share any real information of your phone call from maxi. It would seem you would have been better off not mentioning it at all.

• Like 1

Need to get Jackie husband regulars to boycott as well. If it's only north stand regulars I can't see enough of a drop to make a difference

The attitude of the Board affects all Thistle fans. I sit in the JH with my kids and support a season ticket boycott wholeheartedly and I imagine others do too. As I have said before, I don't get to as many games as I like and only but a season ticket to support the club financially. The Board should talk TO the supporters not AT them. Disgraceful.

Feel very sorry for Archie in all this. His budget will be cut by lack of income. He deserves better but it's not our fault.

For years me and my mates stood beside the police control box right at the back row

of the jhs

most weeks it was a constant argument with the stewards telling us to sit down and

us telling them to f off,bearing in mind the stand was pretty sparse at that end and we

were at the back row we didn't think it was a problem they obviously did ,end result

atmosphere rubbish.Around that time a group of youngsters appeared with wee banners

and dare I say it once or twice they had a drum ,every week there numbers were slightly

increasing but after constant harassment from the stewards they left and as far as I know

they never came back,any attempt at creating an atmosphere stopped in its tracks again.

To be honest firhill was like library,then the best thing to happen since the old shed days we

got the NORTH STAND SHED and as the song goes firhill came alive again,we as the lifeblood

of the club cannot let this disappear

I bought my first season ticket last year for the north stand and if this ludicrous decision is not reversed I won't

be renewing,keep the fight up OTIG

Steven Smeaton

I've just sent an e mail requesting NO ST renewal form be sent out to me. I added that should I receive one I'll have to assume they didn't read my e mail and in turn are ignoring countless other e mails being sent to them re this issue.

LOL, they'll need three weeks prep to read your e-mail, then another three weeks to stop the posting of your letter. This is a business, donchaknow!

Javeajag. In all honesty, I don't believe you've had a conversation with maxi today at all.

All that's going on is that you fancy a piece of the action, a bit of attention, a chance for you to receive some PMs and have people hanging off your every word.

Muddying the waters.

Tragic in the extreme.

Dear oh dear you should see a doctor .....absolutely ridiculous and offensive

Appreciating most of the comments here about consultation by the board etc. I think that their proposal for seating is the best we can get with the stadium in its present condition. What we really need is a safe standing area the South end, but that s a long way off.

Also why are we always threatening to boycott the club? Feck's sake what will you do on a Saturday? Go shopping with the wife? Find another club that listens to their fans? Aye right. Good luck to you. I'm going to Firhill and looking forward to next season. I think we'll probably see most folk there too.

P.S. I also think that in nearly 60 years of coming to Firhill this is he best board of directors I have ever known. I may be wrong I don't know any of them but the seem an awful lot better than past incumbents.