Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

potty trained: Why is it better?

It is just a more settled seating plan, in my opinion, and fits and uses the space in our stadium better. Why not try it and see? Continually changing seating arrangements is not the best arrangement. (Sorry slow web connection makes long relies time consuming and tiring)

l also note the comment about directors (yoda -jag). Are we not allowed a different opinion? Can we not have sensible debate?

1 who said it was aimed at you? paranoia is yours, not mine.

2. giving out personal abuse. now thats a classy way of debating you have.

3. i note you completely ignored, let alone didn't even to attempt to debate, the detailed points i made specifically to your first post.

Dave, Ambassadors are important to the Club, agreed?

Back in the old ptfc.net days, an anonymous poster going by the name of Jordanhill Jag posted that he was withdrawing his financial support for the Club on the back of how they were treating Lianne. They shit themselves and offered him an associate director post. They can't afford to lose big backers that bring more money to the Club in one day than most fans bring in a season. Maxi can get away with pissing off you and me. But his ass would be out the door if he lost the support of members of the Ambassadors!

No I agree, I get that, I'm just not sure why it's an issue.

They have Partick thistle fans beside them, they are Partick thistle fans... So I don't see what the problem ambassadors have and how they relate to this, and why maxi would bring them up.

Unless javea can shed more light on this issue?

• Like 1

Right sorry if this is patronising, but it's just what i'm thinking just now.

We've got to try and find a constructive way to reach as many fans as possible - there's probably a fair amount of people that will only have read the official site, and are probably unaware of how disingenuous it is. We don't want to ask them to withhold season ticket money, mearly tell them why we're taking this stance and let them decide if they agree with our course of action. Main Stand season tickets will probably be attractive to some, especially if they are going to reduce the price. If the club proceed as planned and any season tickets are sold for this area, it might make it harder to reverse. Therefore, we've got to find a way of contacting as many people as possible quickly.

If your intention is to put your renewal on hold until the decision is reversed then renew, please try and keep the season ticket cash aside. It will do nothing if we threaten not to renew, the decision is reversed, then we don't renew anyway - we'll have nothing to bargain with in the future. If you are just not renewing then fair enough.

Time for people to screw the nut and put personal differences aside - we've not had a complete summary of any meeting/discussion to date, but we've hopefully heard enough to be sure we're all in agreement that this situation is unacceptable.

Anyway, I kind of feel like i'm removing the pin and tiptoeing away, but anybody got any ideas on the next steps? Just feel we now need to unite under one banner for this and future disagreements. (I'm not in the Jags Trust and am not fishing for a clamor for this as a solution)

potty trained: Why is it better?

It is just a more settled seating plan, in my opinion, and fits and uses the space in our stadium better. Why not try it and see? Continually changing seating arrangements is not the best arrangement. (Sorry slow web connection makes long relies time consuming and tiring)

l also note the comment about directors (yoda -jag). Are we not allowed a different opinion? Can we not have sensible debate?

Sorry I'm misunderstanding your use of settled. To me not changing the seating plan keeps it settled.

You are right, it's not good to continually change seating plans. And we had settled on this seasons until the club changed it for next.

Regards trying it and see... We did, twice this year, we paid more than away fans for the opportunity. Both times a full main stand was drowned out by 4000 Celtic fans, 2000 of which were in the north stand... Because the north stand has better acoustics it emits sound better due to its shape.

The north stand is ours, we have built it up to be our home, in two years we have doubled the attendance. This move will stop all that good work and as can be seen from reaction will have a massive effect on the atmosphere and attendance in the JHS.

They have Partick thistle fans beside them, they are Partick thistle fans... So I don't see what the problem ambassadors have and how they relate to this, and why maxi would bring them up.

I'm really not trying to be unhelpful

As I understand what was said and I was travelling so didn't take notes they have :

- having to move fans for celtic and then rangers games

- the growth in certain fan sections now and aspirational

- maximising old filth attendance with both of them is worth £250k

- the limitations of the stadium

- the attitude of the police

- the ticketing system not tracking actually where fans go eg JHS v NS even if season ticket holders

- other options could affect Ambasador group

Etc etc

My view was as stated lay out the problem/issues and get the fans involved to see what can be done

Someone mentioned earlier there may be a lack of managerial experience at work

This.

We've got to try and find a constructive way to reach as many fans as possible - there's probably a fair amount of people that will only have read the official site, and are probably unaware of how disingenuous it is. We don't want to ask them to withhold season ticket money, mearly tell them why we're taking this stance and let them decide if they agree with our course of action. Main Stand season tickets will probably be attractive to some, especially if they are going to reduce the price. If the club proceed as planned and any season tickets are sold for this area, it might make it harder to reverse. Therefore, we've got to find a way of contacting as many people as possible quickly.

If your intention is to put your renewal on hold until the decision is reversed then renew, please try and keep the season ticket cash aside. It will do nothing if we threaten not to renew, the decision is reversed, then we don't renew anyway - we'll have nothing to bargain with in the future. If you are just not renewing then fair enough.

Time for people to screw the nut and put personal differences aside - we've not had a complete summary of any meeting/discussion to date, but we've hopefully heard enough to be sure we're all in agreement that this situation is unacceptable.

Anyway, I kind of feel like i'm removing the pin and tiptoeing away, but anybody got any ideas on the next steps? Just feel we now need to unite under one banner for this and future disagreements. (I'm not in the Jags Trust and am not fishing for a clamor for this as a solution)

Completely spot on. There has been an overwhelming show of support. That should not be wasted.

I can't say enough thanks especially to the JHS fans who have supported the need to have this decision completely rescinded.

Ian and I are working away in the background on a strategy to take to the board a complete package of information on why this can't go ahead.

I would ask that everyone continue to show their support. Sign the petition, tick the appropriate box in the poll.

Contact the club directly.

All of this puts forward a case to have this changed.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted on here. We will not let this slip.

Agree. Time for publicity. Engage the press. Nothing they like more than a stupid photograph to fill a column inch or two. I suggest that we each buy a cheap plastic gnome, attach a message to the board and leave it at the gates by the bing on Saturday. Invite the local rags along and hey presto.

Completely spot on. There has been an overwhelming show of support. That should not be wasted.

I can't say enough thanks especially to the JHS fans who have supported the need to have this decision completely rescinded.

Ian and I are working away in the background on a strategy to take to the board a complete package of information on why this can't go ahead.

I would ask that everyone continue to show their support. Sign the petition, tick the appropriate box in the poll.

That sounds at least like something organised is going on, so that's positive.

Hope you can make them see sense soon - if season tickets go on sale without a rethink, it will make things a bit more urgent.

The directors must have some balls. Upset hundreds of fans and then make them sit next to the directors box all season, where they can let them know how much they like them.

In all sections of the ground there are some really loud annoying fans, could we not just get them to sit in the seats next to the directors box.

They would soon be relocated back to the north stand.

The directors must have some balls. Upset hundreds of fans and then make them sit next to the directors box all season, where they can let them know how much they like them.

In all sections of the ground there are some really loud annoying fans, could we not just get them to sit in the seats next to the directors box.

They would soon be relocated back to the north stand.

It's either that or the away fans beside them, again.

I have no reason to disbelieve the phone call took place. It's just a pity maxi took this route. That reeks of using someone to soften the blow and get info intentionally "leaked".

A bit like what the board tried to do with Chris Jack, yesterday, that blew up in their face!

A bit like what they did by inviting Ian and I up to tell us this decision had been made, 3 days before producing a statement.

Not the most professional of clubs

Funny that maxi hasn't texted me or Ian to say, look, can you come back up to talk this through again. Instead he inferred it to someone who posts on the forum. Classy!

• Like 1

I'm really not trying to be unhelpful

As I understand what was said and I was travelling so didn't take notes they have :

- having to move fans for celtic and then rangers games

- the growth in certain fan sections now and aspirational

- maximising old filth attendance with both of them is worth £250k

- the limitations of the stadium

- the attitude of the police

- the ticketing system not tracking actually where fans go eg JHS v NS even if season ticket holders

- other options could affect Ambasador group

Etc etc

My view was as stated lay out the problem/issues and get the fans involved to see what can be done

Someone mentioned earlier there may be a lack of managerial experience at work

What if we're not playing the ugly sisters next year. A distinct possibility

Great stuff. If there is anything further that you need support with then keep us updated. And if there was anything in particular that you needed help with I'm sure you'd have plenty of volunteers - we're all in this together.

Great stuff. If there is anything further that you need support with then keep us updated. And if there was anything in particular that you needed help with I'm sure you'd have plenty of volunteers - we're all in this together.

Second that, we're all in this together. Sure many fans will lend a helping hand should it be required.

STATEMENT FROM THE JAGS TRUST BOARD

It is particularity disappointing that the sweet taste of success in retaining our league status has been replaced by the bitterness of recrimination and division as a consequence of the decision of PTFC Ltd to impose the relocation of their own supporters.

There’s been a lot of discussion and argument since the news of a proposed “new seating plan” for our stadium was leaked. The Jags Trust is dismayed by the club’s handling of this situation. We are particularly disappointed that a poorly reasoned and frankly patronising statement has been the only official comment on the whole debacle. The statement issued by the club does not contain a specific reason as to why this change is required. There was no consultation with the fans, where we are sure a mutual agreement could have been reached, or even a vote where fans could tell the board what WE, the fans want. This is particularly galling given the repeated promises from AGM's and the recent TAG meeting that greater fan consultation would be taking place. Some weeks ago, in an entirely unrelated article, the Jags Trust programme article called for this enhanced consultation with fans to continue, in order to ensure that what was right about our first season in the top league was sustained and that every avenue could be explored to avoid a repetition of the bits that were wrong.

In our opinion, fans SHOULD NOT be treated like this – WE are the club, not the board of directors, not the management, not even the players at the end of the day. We have been there through good times and bad, through different divisions, through highs and lows – they are transient, we are the constant.

The creation of a new “Shed” in the North Stand has been universally acclaimed by those involved and associated with the club, as well as opposing fans coming to Firhill to support their team, and it would be a travesty to break this up, whilst damaging the goodwill of the fans yet again.

We therefore call upon the PTFC Board of Directors to reverse their decision to implement a new seating plan and to listen to the fans.

The Jags Trust, is anxious to contribute to the resolution of this unsavoury situation along with every other supporters group and every other fan, this decision will affect all who enter Firhill.

This issue goes beyond the matter of the North Stand, it strikes at the heart of the concept of us all being part of our club and of having a voice which is heard and not ignored. Neither is this a time for factions and fractions within our fan-base.

Now is the time to take a stand together and ensure we get our message across.

• Like 3

Good statement Davie, and good to see the new statement on the Thistle website.

As a start to this, I'd suggest setting up an avenue where all fans who are considering not buying a season ticket as a result of this, but who will commit to should the decision be reversed to a satisfactory position, can provide their details. I'd imagine this would be to either potty trained or ian_mac (on the assumption that they are willing) but this would allow them to take a list of names, and a quantifiable cash value, to this meeting, demonstrating the 'cost' of this action. I'd imagine that would be more effective than names on a petition or posts on an online forum.

If not the above then something - it's really important that we go into this meeting demonstrating the strength of our position in order to ensure the club listen and do what's right.