Firhill Developments Ltd - Nice Little Earner

joekea

Thought I'd post some of the financials on the above company SC353372........somewhere in the background there is a reason for this NS debacle........let me think.....the Asset value possibly?????

£3,036

Cash

£880,553

Net Worth

£2,121,548

Assets

£1,000

Liabilities

Latest Accounts 31/05/2013 Category Small Company Year end 31st May Next Accounts due 28/02/2015.

What has happened that has made you so interested in Propco on today of all days? It is something to do with building a bigger stick to beat the board with? The company was incorporated in early 2009 (from memory). I would suggest there would be 4 sets of accounts with Companies House. While the arrangement is not exactly ideal, lets not get bogged down in this.

My view is that it does no harm to make the board aware that the fans are keeping an eye on the greater interests of the football club and that there are some very capable people among the fan base.

Whether this is the appropriate time is another matter, but in the words of Isaac Newton "To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".

• Like 1

The scenario I predict is as follows:

Begin the process of establishing the NS as the away end and once this has been accepted as the norm, begin the process of moving the main stand support back into the JHS while announcing the development of a housing complex on the 'bing' and on the site of the main stand.

Rid Skwerr - agreed, but as this is public information they know that we as fans/customers will be looking at it anyway. The board would be insane not to know we have intelligent people in our support. Joekea - if that is the case it would be suicide. A 2 sided stadium for a Champions League Football Club?

Edited by stuartaytonspeaksfrench

I don't see the logic in developing an attachment to the main stand among home supporters, which doesn't currently exist, and then knocking it down. It's a shaky consiparacy theory.

I also don't see the benefit it finding new grounds to attack the board. There's an issue of disagreement over the seating arrangements and the best course is to address that and move on, not open up new wounds so that the club can never be united.

As far as i'm concerned Thistle are in the best position they've been in in years, and that doesn't happen by accident. So credit where it's due.

The scenario I predict is as follows:

Begin the process of establishing the NS as the away end and once this has been accepted as the norm, begin the process of moving the main stand support back into the JHS while announcing the development of a housing complex on the 'bing' and on the site of the main stand.

Why feck about ? If that was the end game then why just not move the NS straight to the JHS ?

• Members

Has anyone ever made money by bring a director of thistle ?

I'm so glad you asked that, I've been wondering a bit about this lately. I seem to recall that Eddie Prentice was taking a good 5 figure sum out of the Club every year for running the Centenary Fund and it got me wondering how much each of the Directors of the Club are paid?

I've no issue with them being paid for work they do for the Club as long as it brings value. If they don't take a payment and use their position in the Club to boost their own personal business, again I have no qualms about that. Just curious really.

The board would be insane not to know we have intelligent people in our support.

It appears to have eluded them in respect of the North stand singing section......������

Eta - don't know what all the question marks is about, it looked like a smiley on my tablet!

Edited by Rid Skwerr

I'm so glad you asked that, I've been wondering a bit about this lately. I seem to recall that Eddie Prentice was taking a good 5 figure sum out of the Club every year for running the Centenary Fund and it got me wondering how much each of the Directors of the Club are paid?

I've no issue with them being paid for work they do for the Club as long as it brings value. If they don't take a payment and use their position in the Club to boost their own personal business, again I have no qualms about that. Just curious really.

I think Company Accounts show how much the Directors are paid and how much the highest paid Director earns. Not sure,though if this needs to be disclosed by PTFC

I think Company Accounts show how much the Directors are paid and how much the highest paid Director earns. Not sure,though if this needs to be disclosed by PTFC

personally speaking, i'd like us all to know what any directors of ptfc get from the club in terms of remuneration.

at least having that knowledge, the court of public opinion can have a more informed opinion if they are worth it.

personally speaking, i'd like us all to know what any directors of ptfc get from the club in terms of remuneration.

at least having that knowledge, the court of public opinion can have a more informed opinion if they are worth it.

I think it's nada

Yep the queue to invest in this was 6 people ? Has anyone ever made money by bring a director of thistle ?

I don't know directly but if you think about it directors and chairmen will have benefited indirectly, Not that I see anything wrong with that. Take Miller Reid for example. I'm sure more than this Jags fan had the occasional libation at one of his premises in favour of other better establishments.

By that I'm not meaning Miller's or any other director's/chairman's business for that matter profited to a level he was quids in. Just that the PR benefit of involvement in any football club shouldn't be underrated.

Eddie Prentice did alright out of Thistle until he was found out was he not ?

Hard to believe the shambles he precided over was worth £ 35K a year.

Is / was that for real or a wind up ?

From the accounts from previous years confirms Eddie P got £35k 'remuneration' and the latest accounts show that no current directors receive anything.

From the accounts from previous years confirms Eddie P got £35k 'remuneration' and the latest accounts show that no current directors receive anything.

How did he manage to justify taking that as a pay ?

In true Richard Branson style I would have run it at no profit ! How hard could it have been ?

If I had known at the time he was taking that out of the club then I would not have been in the fund.

A complete and utter disgrace. This guy took £35k a year from our club and actually caused more problems than he solved.