Tonights Game

Dare I stick two fingers at the neggy eggy's that have hogged this forum all pre season. Fantastic performance & result from a well balanced, youthful, confident team. Last season looks like it's given the young lads plenty of belief and the new faces were terrific. Come on the Jags!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your enthusiasm is most refreshing, but dissing fellow posters for expressing genuine concerns is not appropriate.

Let's all get behind the ALMIGHTY JAGS on the back of this excellent result!!

Absolutely superb performance tonight from Thistle. I can't recall such a complete performance since since maybe 3-0 away to Dunfermline?

Fraser was absolutely superb, he'll be with us for this season maximum so enjoy him whilst he's here. His range of passing is excellent and was involved in practically everything good about our performance tonight. Looks stronger than last year and capable of taking control of midfield for us.

Elsewhere Osman was very tidy, completely different player to Ozzy but potentially more suitable for our team.

There really wasn't a failure in the team and in fact most played very well. Some hairy moments with Seaborne but I'll put that down to limited time training with Balatoni. Still not fully convicted by Stevo up top but he played well tonight.

Please don't use this performance to moan at fans who were concerned at our summer dealings. We still need a couple players, but if they are in keeping with Archie's dealings this far then will be worth the wait.

Dare I stick two fingers at the neggy eggy's that have hogged this forum all pre season. Fantastic performance & result from a well balanced, youthful, confident team. Last season looks like it's given the young lads plenty of belief and the new faces were terrific. Come on the Jags!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of those you refer to as 'neggy eggys' (brammer) have voiced concerns about the lack of signings and the size of the squad for the long season ahead. I'm sure, given the amount of youth players on the bench tonight, they will not alter their view yet. I don't recall too many people voicing concerns about the starting eleven or their ability to beat a shockingly poor Ross County side.

I would keep your fingers down for the moment.

Edited by Jag

That was an excellent performance and just how good was Gary Fraser? Will struggle to see a better move all season than the lead up to Gary's goal. To be fair Dross were indeed Dross, so I will keep a cap on my excitement tonight, but you can only beat what's put in front of you, and that was a beating. Well done Archie. Must admit when I saw the team tonight I was totally flummoxed but he played the right team. The Fox's save at 2-0 was fantastic, so he justified his selection, though I am not sure how Galls will feel about it! Big dangerous Dan didn't have a lot to do but did ok and Osman looks a real find.

Nice to be third in the table tonight after our first game.

Edited by Lindau

That was an excellent performance and just how good was Gary Fraser? Will struggle to see a better move all season than the lead up to Gary's goal. To be fair Dross were indeed Dross, so I will keep a cap on my excitement tonight, but you can only beat what's put in front of you, and that was a beating. Well done Archie. Must admit when I saw the team tonight I was totally flummoxed but he played the right team. The Fox's save at 2-0 was fantastic, so he justified his selection, though I am not sure how Galls will feel about it!

Nice to be third in the table tonight after our first game.

Some of the stuff we played leading up to the goals tonight was fantastic, even the own goal.

I do agree though, Ross County were terrible, a dreadful team. Reminded me of Hibs.

Terrific performance against a pish County (or did we make them look pish)

Midfield was outstanding , especially in the second half. Gary F is a massive prospect,just needs to cut out the odd misplaced pass but that ill come with experience. Banzo was immense and Ossie looks a find. Not a bad player including the subs.

Thought Higgy went off too early at two nill but that is perhaps a sign of the management team maturing also by looking to close the game out rather than gung ho.

Good to see us continuing the good football from last season but with a bit more grit as well. Some great goals.

Delighted for Archie

Is this the best start to a season in living memory? At home anyway. I remember a 3-1 against St Mirren in the old 1st (my memory is rubbish mind you.

It will be for most of the forum alx (myself included!)

It's the biggest margin since we beat Stenhousemuir 4-0 in the opening League game in the Second Division way back on 29th August 1970.

It's our biggest win in a Top Flight opener since 7th September 1957 when we done the QP over, 6 goals to nil at Hampden.

:fan:

That reminded me of how we played in 2012-13. Everyone was on song, without exception. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gary Fraser is a class act. If Ross McCormack is worth £11m, who knows what this kid will be worth in a few years. The precision of his long-range passing is breathtaking. And with Banzo and Osman alongside him we have a quite a midfield. The latter is obviously the more defensive of the trio, but in no way is he simply a clugger - the guy can play.

Defensively we looked relatively solid. Seaborne looks like a great addition and far superior to Gabby. There were a couple of wobbles due to communication issues, but I'm sure these will get ironed out in training. SOD looked more like his old self and McMillan really surprised me. I've never been that convinced by him at left-back but he never put a foot wrong tonight. Nothing got past him.

Finally, we looked really dangerous in attack, as is self-evident from the scoreline! Higgy tormented their right-back, Lawless showed some nice touches and Stevenson's link-up play was neat and tidy. Then Christie came on and ran them ragged for good measure.

It's also worth pointing out that County were bad, but only because we didn't give them a second's peace. We swarmed all over them every time we lost possession.

So, well done, Archie. Excellent new signings, spot-on team selection, substitutions that had an impact and perfect tactics.

• Like 2