Gary Fraser / Stuart Bannigan

pink panther

• Members

And keeping with the topic, I was trying to figure out how Bannigan would get the ball onto his left foot to let him get a shot in when he just dinks it over the keeper with his 'weak' foot. Fantastic finish!

Also, Fraser's pass to SOD for the 4th is one of the best cross field passes I've seen in a long time.

• Like 2

Also, Fraser's pass to SOD for the 4th is one of the best cross field passes I've seen in a long time.

It's the one in the build-up to Bannigan's goal that sticks in my mind. It was hit relatively low and at pace - exactly what the move required. He was causing havoc with precision cross-field balls all evening.

Quoting never works from my phone.

LIB, I obviously wasn't there, but from the highlights it does seem our midfield was the reason we won so comfortably. We had no actual strikers playing, so what I was wondering is, is this the proper use of a 4-6-0, with six midfielder but some of them taking turns to play higher up the park? Could anyone that was there let me know if I'm talking bollocks...

Quoting never works from my phone.

LIB, I obviously wasn't there, but from the highlights it does seem our midfield was the reason we won so comfortably. We had no actual strikers playing, so what I was wondering is, is this the proper use of a 4-6-0, with six midfielder but some of them taking turns to play higher up the park? Could anyone that was there let me know if I'm talking bollocks...

Stevenson was the nominal striker and for most of the game before Doolan came on was our highest man forward and stayed pretty central on the whole.

He wasn't playing on the shoulder of the defence or looking to really get in behind them though, more come quite deep and try and link up with the rest of the team. That said it was a very fluid front line and there were times particularly with him and Lawless, who made some nice runs to get past him.

The highlights actually give quite a good idea of how he played and how the three attacking players lined up

It's the one in the build-up to Bannigan's goal that sticks in my mind. It was hit relatively low and at pace - exactly what the move required. He was causing havoc with precision cross-field balls all evening.

Just watched the highlights. Turns out it was SOD that delivered this pass. Just shows how well the whole team played.

It is no coincidence they seemed to blossom in front of Osman - the big man looks a class act.

This. I think I noticed Osman break into a run once all night. Not because he had to, just because he wanted to have a run forward. Looked composed, won a good amount of headers, was assured with the ball at his feet but most of all - his positional awareness lets Fraser and Bannigan take turns of venturing forward. Also, every time SOD made a forward run, Osman was quick to fill in naturally. He could really prove important in the progression of a few of our younger lads.

I think Bannigan looks much more comfortable slightly further forward, given the freedom to make those runs he is so good at. Fraser has the ability to play passes rarely seen at our level. Some of his cross field passing is delightful. I now expect a few classic goals from outside the box this season!

On the basis of tonight's showing getting Fraser tied up to 2017 and Bannigan to 2016 could be the best bit of business we have done all summer. It is no coincidence they seemed to blossom in front of Osman - the big man looks a class act.

Bear in mind that Bannigans inability to stay out the refs book will result in him missing approximately 15% of games this season (exc injuries). I would've inserted a discipline cause resulting in a wage deduction for games missed. Single most frustrating thing about the guy. Hopefully one day the penny will drop for him.

Bear in mind that Bannigans inability to stay out the refs book will result in him missing approximately 15% of games this season (exc injuries). I would've inserted a discipline cause resulting in a wage deduction for games missed. Single most frustrating thing about the guy. Hopefully one day the penny will drop for him.

How many games was he suspended for last season?