Dundee Game

JaggyMad

Since no thread started for Saturday, thought I would.

I cannot see Archie making any changes to the team. Hopefully another 3 points.

Cannot wait for this, a wee early rise and up in Dundee for 12. Mon the Jags.

I think he would have initially been planning to change it and bring Doolan in but after Wednesday's win may go same again. I would like to see him drop Stevenson back but I really don't know which one of the three behind deserves to miss out. Archie seems to have regained faith in Lawless, he gave him plenty game time pre season and started him the other night and I don't think he can touch any of the other four midfielders.

Out of interest, what time to you normally rise? Ha ha.

Yes. And that makes me think that he'll start every week when fit. I also don't see Ryan playing the false striker role as default.

Certainly suggests Archie sees him as a first team regular. He doesn't strike me as a "leader type" or seem particularly vocal on the park. Of the players on the bench, only dools would have captained the side ahead of him so obviously Archie sees something in him. Probably also means if/when dools does start it would be in place of lawless, with Stevenson going to play out wide.

I'd definitely like to see Doolan on from the start. We need to be showing that he's an integral component in the set-up and more than just an impact sub. Maybe it was a bit different when we had Lyle Taylor, but the thing is Dools would no doubt be starting in most PL sides were he not at Firhill. . . in my opinion anyway.

I'd definitely like to see Doolan on from the start. We need to be showing that he's an integral component in the set-up and more than just an impact sub. Maybe it was a bit different when we had Lyle Taylor, but the thing is Dools would no doubt be starting in most PL sides were he not at Firhill. . . in my opinion anyway.

I like Doolan but outwith Hamilton I doubt he'd start for any other team.

Same team again, easiest choice, don't change something that works.

I see the away support is in the old Main Stand, ah we'll I suppose what's god for the goose and all that. I hope my one and only experience of that particular structure is not repeated I.e. back in nineteen eighty ages ago we were winning 1-0 for most of the game, but eventually lost 2-1 to two late goals. Know that I think of it I'm sure it was the season we first got relegated from the Premier League and I'm sure had we held on in that game Dundee, not Thistle would've gone down. Oh, not quite so happy days!

Don't think Archie will change a winning team unless there is an injury.

Me neither. I think the team set up looked like it would be suitable for most away games. Before Wed night I might have thought that Lawless could be a problem defensively but he did much better than I thought. Could have Stevie coming on for Elliott rather than vice versa but I doubt it.

I'd like to see Muirhead being given a chance, perhaps coming in for Seabourne; thought he was decent enough on Weds, but Aero deserves a chance to be back on the pitch.

Honestly, is it not a bit mental that you propose dropping our only left-sided centre back right after he's kept a clean sheet in his first game in our new central defensive partnership? I like Muirhead but the only player he should be rotated with is Conrad (or, if needs must, RB or DM) and only when needed. Or in diddy cup games against Morton.

No changes please - more of the same and another win.

• Like 1

Certainly suggests Archie sees him as a first team regular. He doesn't strike me as a "leader type" or seem particularly vocal on the park. Of the players on the bench, only dools would have captained the side ahead of him so obviously Archie sees something in him. Probably also means if/when dools does start it would be in place of lawless, with Stevenson going to play out wide.

After every goal he was straight into the celebrating crowd of players telling them to make sure they kept concentrating and keep our shape.

After every goal he was straight into the celebrating crowd of players telling them to make sure they kept concentrating and keep our shape.

Noticed that as well. Think tho' he was playing in the worst position to be effective as a captain but he'll do just fine when he plays in a more customary deeper role.

I see the away support is in the old Main Stand, ah we'll I suppose what's god for the goose and all that. I hope my one and only experience of that particular structure is not repeated I.e. back in nineteen eighty ages ago we were winning 1-0 for most of the game, but eventually lost 2-1 to two late goals. Know that I think of it I'm sure it was the season we first got relegated from the Premier League and I'm sure had we held on in that game Dundee, not Thistle would've gone down. Oh, not quite so happy days!

In 81-82 season we played them late on in the season we actually won 2-1 (late Ian Jardine free kick won it). Didn't really matter, we were still relegated and they stayed up by 3 or 4 points in the end.

Dundee: Letheren, McGinn, McPake, Konrad, Dyer, McAlister, Ferry, McGowan, Harkins, Tankulic, MacDonald. Subs: Irvine, Davidson, Bain, Stewart, Benedictus, Boyle, Wighton.

Thistle: Fox, O'Donnell, Balatoni, Seaborne, McMillan, Osman, Higginbotham, Fraser, Lawless, Stevenson, Bannigan. Subs: Muirhead, Craigen, Doolan, Paul Gallacher, Elliot, Duggan, Keenan.