Our Lonely Wee Sad Pish Badge

Ross

So there I am. Sitting on the bus, it's around twenty to 9 in the morning and I've just set off for another day at work. I don't get the 62 or the 66 from Yoker to the city centre. No, I always get one of the buses that jump on the express way instead of carrying on through the barbaric traffic on Dumbarton Road (usually numbered 1 to 1E for those of you who get stiffy's about that sort of stuff) and the journey is going quite pleasantly.

Should I listen to some music? Aye, I think I will. There's a mad jakey who's just got on the stop near McNabbs (McStabbs) in Scotstoun and he's proclaiming that he needs 'an all week ticket'; I'm not in the mood to listen to his argument with the tired (but more than capable of standing his own ground) bus driver.

I love the part when you get onto the express after the last of Dumbarton Road stops, especially on a sunny morning like this. Except...this isn't a normal morning! I glimpse the window to my right out to see a billboard advertisement for a TV company's coverage of the Scottish Premiership.

All the teams are displayed through their badges. All nice and and distinctive; displaying each teams colours clearly. Except ours.

Sitting there alongside all the other badges, it has the look of a worn out testicle suffering from the early remnants of impending alopecia. One barely notices the red and yellow stripes going through and it's blandness strikes a chord of a time when we had clueless eejits on the board who went ahead with changing our badge without consultation of the Partick Thistle Universe (#PartickThistleUniverse).

So that's why I'm saying, let's reclaim our badge! That's why I urge everyone to Vote YES for an independent Scotland on Septem ... oops went off course there.

Reclaim our badge! I propose a petition to bring back 'DAS UBER BOMBER' badge from the 90's. A badge that was cruelly robbed from a board who thought they knew better.

Let us put our current badge the sword. Our lonely wee, sad, pish badge.

Thank you m'laud

Signed,

The artist formally known as 'cheese'

150px-Partick_Thistle_FC_logo_%281990-2008%29.svg.png

Edited by Ross
  • Like 11

Love the lovely lovely prose but...

Just because the 'new' badge is so piss poor design-wise, it doesn't mean the stealth bomber is, or was, any good IMO.

Time for an even newer, better badge!

Coloured pencils at the ready!

(not that the club will give a toss)

Design a new, better Id & upload it here.

Love the lovely lovely prose but...

Just because the 'new' badge is so piss poor design-wise, it doesn't mean the stealth bomber is, or was, any good IMO.

Time for an even newer, better badge!

Coloured pencils at the ready!

(not that the club will give a toss)

Design a new, better Id & upload it here.

I would love us to go back to the 70s badge.

• Like 3

" the look of a worn out testicle suffering from the early remnants of impending alopecia."

Harold Pinter would be proud, well done Sir!

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, he would probably have referred to "the look of a fackin worn out testicle, suffering from the early remnants of impending fackin alopecia".

But you're close enough to win this years Pinter Memorial Prize.

Edited by The Sons of Somner

Hear! Hear! Our current badge is a terrible design. The worst aspect is it's blandness. It evokes no sense of our club whatsoever.

There's a great opportunity to be had to create a new, distinctive club crest which combines the old versions into a new one.

I'd give my eye teeth to be able to design a new badge for the club! They wouldn't even have to pay me (much)!

This is just a sketch done this morning -

Link to image as I cannot get this forum to let me post an image directly!

We started with a white thistle on a black background sewn onto an amber and black hooped shirt and have had various incarnations of the Thistle over the years. Although most fans have had little say in these decisions, I'm sure there has been a majority who've liked or disliked them as it evolved and those who have changed their opinion over time. I wasn't the biggest fan of "the 'bomber" when it first appeared, but now look back on it fondly. I'm not aware of any fan vote on the change to red, black and yellow which has undoubtedly benefited the club's notoriety, even if it diverted us from what may or may not have been the majority favoured navy blue, but not in itself for footballing excellence.

Our history, sporting, artistic and sartorial is well documented. Success and failure, it shall not be forgotten and has contributed to what we are today, a proud club struggling with the rest in what has become the mire of Scottish football, holding onto the hope of a taste of the European dream,

Referendum on the badge? If you want, nice idea, but it changes boz all, really. I mean even if it were the first step on the road to being a "fan run" club, we'd still have to deal with the t1t's at Hampden, Uefa, and Fifa who are milking every club on the planet for their cash, while the divide between rich and poor widens. That's why I urge everyone to Vote NO for an "independent" Scotland on Septem ... oops went off course there.

The current badge ain't my favourite either but it's the Thistle Badge so in no way is it sad lonely or pish!

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

How common is it for a Club to change their Club badge anyway? I can recall at least 4 different badges since the early 70's. It's a pity we cant just find one badge that's an identity and stick with it.

Add on to that number, the different badges that have appeared on letter heads or season ticket books, or programmes, that were never used on the strip.

I can think of at least two.

Hear! Hear! Our current badge is a terrible design. The worst aspect is it's blandness. It evokes no sense of our club whatsoever.

There's a great opportunity to be had to create a new, distinctive club crest which combines the old versions into a new one.

I'd give my eye teeth to be able to design a new badge for the club! They wouldn't even have to pay me (much)!

This is just a sketch done this morning -

Link to image as I cannot get this forum to let me post an image directly!

Jimmy Edwards is a Jag! :lol: