Shambles Vs St Mirren

Richard Nixon

Right, who's still f*****g raging at last night's result?

No amount of forum downtime will stop the anger! That's the worst team I've seen play at Firhill for years, and yet we still let them go home with all three points.

Surely at the very least, no-one can argue that Fox needs dropped. It's insane that his ball-punching, scrabbling about, headless-chicken antics are getting a game when we have Gallacher on the bench.

Yes I'm still ragin'. At the same time of dropping Fox you can drop Balatoni and Muirhead. That's 6 points Balatoni has cost us already this season against teams we need to be competing with. Hopeless - too many individual basic errors. And Muirhead is a 2nd division player as well. No composure and looks like he panics when the ball comes near him.

We signed a central defender in the summer and immediately loaned him out to Airdrie. Get him back pronto. And scour the freebie market. No-one can seriously tell me that there aren't any unattached defenders out there who aren't better than the two clowns we had at centre back last night?

At 1-0 we were playing like we were winning by three. Completely took our foot of the gas. Thought Osman and McMillan were our only two players who had a good match. Stevenson and Lawless were pretty good as was Carroll. Rest of the team was shocking.

Mithras simply not up to it, Balatoni is solid most of the time but every game makes at least one very bad thing which leads to a goal. Bannigan frustrates me as he is either amazing or garbage. No middle ground consistency you need from a central midfielder. Higgy got an early booking stupidly and just didn't get in the game at all. Dools did nothing but did score so can't blame him much. Should of been off for eccleston sooner.

As long as Fox starts I have zero confidence in winning.

Archie does terrible subs and terribly timed. We need to learn how to change and adapt our tactics. Elliot did nothing - he didn't even defend. Craigen simpy can't come on when we are trying to hold out. Almost every time we lose late goals it's after Craigen comes on.

Yesterday was one of the worst performances.

Bring back the boy from Airdrie and give him a shot. Gallagher is a must as well.

Muirhead and balatoni cannot play together at this level I'd have rather seen Osman at the back than those 2 but we actually don't have any options st mirren are by far the worst team I've seen this season ! Stevenson doesn't do enough for me he's jus an option to win the ball in the air has to be dropped surely ! Higgy looked like getting into the game then got booked and actually looked terrified to get to involved. We've lost 6 points in the 90 th minute so far and to managed by two centre halfs with that happening is really ******* annoying

I agree with just about all the above points. I thought Stevie Lawless was one of the few who still looked interested in the second half. Bizarre that Archie chose to hook him. And while I'm at it, I couldn't see the merit in any of the changes - unfortunately typical of what I've seen so far this season.

I want to add that hopefully, at this time of posting, Willie the official king of bent referees Collum has handed himself into his nearest polis station. A custodial sentence after last night's shameless performance would be far too lenient for that heinous scunner. How much longer can he get away with blatantly cheating us out of even a barely deserved point as in the case of last night? An absolutely pathological cheat. I hope his next jobby is a heavily armed and fired up terrorist.

We don't want plaudits for playing well. We want plaudits for playing well and winning the game - we need to combine them both.

What the **** game was Archibald watching? Sorry but we were rancid in the 2nd half and totally dominated all over the park. What's more annoying is that it wasn't by ability of the St Mirren players but by their sheer determination and a will to win, something we've shamefully lacked for a while.

If he can't see the obvious then he needs to go.

I don't think I've ever come away from a game as angry and frustrated as Friday night. It's taken me two days to try and be constructive. Our second half performance can only be put down to one thing, the management decisions (or lack of them). St mirren were awful in the first half and it took them only five minutes to try and do something about it with their two subs. It then took us 21 minutes to react to their tactical change. Im not saying that we had a miracle solution on the bench but ffs even a total armchair know nothing fan like me could see that we had to change something and quicker than 21 minutes. St mirren totally deserved to win, not because they were great but because we were so bad. Archie frustrated at the free kick? That should be the least of your worries! Everyone apart from our manager apparently could see from about 60 minutes that we were going to lose that game. Can't wait for midweek!

What the **** game was Archibald watching? Sorry but we were rancid in the 2nd half and totally dominated all over the park. What's more annoying is that it wasn't by ability of the St Mirren players but by their sheer determination and a will to win, something we've shamefully lacked for a while.

If he can't see the obvious then he needs to go.

To be fair, it's because Chick Young said we played well.

I'm still fuming at this. We never learn. I don't know the stats but we must be the worst team in Scotland for holding onto a lead over the last two seasons, and have probably conceded the most last minute sickeners. So shit.

I won't be there on Tuesday. I've been utterly sickened with the team after Friday. They don't deserve the supporters to turn up to watch them.

I think we have a decent squad but they have no fight. We'd be 4th if we had a team with a backbone that could have seen out the games instead of this bunch of pansies that give up when things get tough.

I know the fan boys will blame the players and not the manager but even with new players nothing has changed since last season.

• Members

The annoying thing for me was the first goal was a replica of so many we lost last season. Ball thrown into the centre from our right side touchline, not even from close to the box. The sort of area our right midfielder should be defending. If we are unable to defend it in the box which seems to be the case, then we need to choke the supply from this area and that's why I keep saying I'd like to see SOD playing right midfield in front of McMillan at right back. Both are capable at attacking and should be able to cover the other in the right back area.

I won't be there on Tuesday. I've been utterly sickened with the team after Friday. They don't deserve the supporters to turn up to watch them.

I think we have a decent squad but they have no fight. We'd be 4th if we had a team with a backbone that could have seen out the games instead of this bunch of pansies that give up when things get tough.

I know the fan boys will blame the players and not the manager but even with new players nothing has changed since last season.

is it just me that sees the irony in this post? If this p***k had any backbone he would be there on Tuesday, are we bothered he isn't? No it's best he gets ready for school as long as he has managed to cover his school books.
  • Like 3

The annoying thing for me was the first goal was a replica of so many we lost last season. Ball thrown into the centre from our right side touchline, not even from close to the box. The sort of area our right midfielder should be defending. If we are unable to defend it in the box which seems to be the case, then we need to choke the supply from this area and that's why I keep saying I'd like to see SOD playing right midfield in front of McMillan at right back. Both are capable at attacking and should be able to cover the other in the right back area.

And I'm sure St Mirren fans are saying the same about Doolan's goal.

lawless not closed down by Naismith and Doolan given the freedom of the box to direct a header to the far post.

That's the level teams like ours and theirs are at... That's the ease of which the opposition scores against you.

And drop Lawless? One of our better players this year.

Up until he was dropped, I thought SOD was one of our better players this year also. If you consistently lose goals to the same type of tactic you need to change something.

It's a difficult one as Lawless has been playing well. He's also tracked back efficiently if not exactly effectively. I'd be a bit wary of isolating the problem to a simple Lawless or SOD poser.

Having Doolan, Stevenson, Higgy & Lawless all starting is imo very attack minded with the obvious downside. Puts a lot of pressure on both Bannigan and Osman being on top of their game and I only feel one of the two was at that level on Saturday. Bring in a more orthodox midfielder on the right (in this case using a bit of licence,SOD) would help stop/hinder a defensive weakness. It would unfortunately take a sting out of our attack. As a specific Wee Stevie has scored one goal and assisted on two of our last three goals from open play.

I suppose our game plan is loosely play four attack minded players, get a lead and later bring on a couple of runners (Craigen & Elliott) to get about the park and hopefully their energy will protect the lead. Nothing particularly wrong with that IF you can hold on to the ball up the park and don't continuously lose possession too easily. Maybe that's where SOD could be more useful?

Bit early to compare this season with last but so far we've scored in all but one of our six league games. Last season we had failed to score in three. On paper an easier start this season but we appear to have gone some distance sorting out our lack of scoring. No sign yet of us shoring up the defence, which is alarmingly showing a worse record this season than last.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Up until he was dropped, I thought SOD was one of our better players this year also. If you consistently lose goals to the same type of tactic you need to change something.

We have conceded 8 goals in all competitions this yr, how many have been the fault of our right side of the team. I thought SOD was injured and that is how he dropped out of the team and since Macmillan has come in, he has been solid.

Our main problem as I see it is, we are trying to accommodate Stevenson into our team. We had him as a striker, which everyone could see didn't work. Fraser got injured and Stevenson stepped back into midfield. On current form with all our midfield fit, he should struggle to get into the team, but I feel that Archie cannot drop him cos he is meant to be our big signing. With Lawless and Higgy wide, that leaves Stevenson, osman and Banzo in midfield. Banzo and Osman both have good engines and will run all day, but both need to be on top of their game, cos Stevenson doesn't have the engine to run all day in midfield. So this leads to our midfield being over run in big parts of the games. Also which has been said often enough on here, Conrad and Aero are not good enough, especially playing together.

We play a constant 4-5-1, what about changing it to a 4-4-1-1, with one behind the main striker, or a straight 4-4-2.

So agree with you that we need to change tactics, but not about dropping our players that are actually playing well and starting players that are having a nightmare.

• Like 1