Quarter Final

ThickAsThieves

Absolute fkng disgrace. Against the worst Celtic team in livin memory. Made a point of taking my son and grandson over! Raging FFS we used to be up 4 a game like this. Utter fkng embarrassment. Am done wi u Archie. No more. These players are better than u have them play.

Edited by Keiththejag

Commiserations to the fans who attended the match tonight. Personally I've never been back to Parkhead since the 'Whittaker stands on Charlie Nicholas' incident match and had to endure verbal abuse while sitting in the main stand. It must have been even worse for fans at that cup match when we blew the penalty shoot out. I listened to that on the radio and was on the verge of wrecking my living room, if I'd actually been there that night I would have chucked it and never have attended another Thistle match. Anyone remember the 0-7 drubbing with Dixie Deans scoring 6 in the early seventies, I was there.

Regarding tonight, we were never going to get a result with a depleted squad. Also, the green mob were up for it for once as they (and the media) are desperate for a pop at Sevco to relieve their enduring tedium of Scottish Football. We could have played well and lost 0-1 to a last minute goal and the ultimate outcome would have been no different. This team however had now better show some fight at Hamilton on Saturday, a match that is way more important than tonight's. I didn't intend going but for some reason I expect some reaction to tonight's mauling.

• Like 1

Good to take positives guys. But really? I can only hope my weans wurny proper "Why you support tjhem Papa". Not good enough. Queens Park wouldnt of lost by that.Fumin.

As soon as Bannigan went off the players just chucked it and not for the first time this season. That is very disappointing.

• Like 1

If we don't start scoring we are in for a very long hard season.Need to get a Lyle Taylor striker in for Jan window. Eccleston doesn't look the answet.Once Higgy, Welsh and Fraser are back that will help. Elliot, Craigen are not good enough for this level, plus Stevenson a waste of a wage just now.Also think Caroll will go back to Huddersfield

On a final point not our worst defeat at Parkhead, I remember going to a cup replay circa 1969 after a 3-3 draw at Firhill and we got beat 8-1.School the next day was unbearable. Let's hope we can stable the ship in Saturday, Accies also in a run of 2 defeats without scoring!

If we don't start scoring we are in for a very long hard season.Need to get a Lyle Taylor striker in for Jan window. Eccleston doesn't look the answet.Once Higgy, Welsh and Fraser are back that will help. Elliot, Craigen are not good enough for this level, plus Stevenson a waste of a wage just now.Also think Caroll will go back to Huddersfield

On a final point not our worst defeat at Parkhead, I remember going to a cup replay circa 1969 after a 3-3 draw at Firhill and we got beat 8-1.School the next day was unbearable. Let's hope we can stable the ship in Saturday, Accies also in a run of 2 defeats without scoring!

Remember that. to be fair. that was a Europen Champion Celtic. This Celtic team are anything but.

We started ok, but you need to take half chances when they come. Craigen had a great chance from just outside the box at 0-0 but missed the target.

The foul that led to the 1st goal, I didn't think, was ever a foul. Positive that Osman got the ball & that it was a good tackle. It was a good free-kick, but Fox had to get over quicker, the free-kick was only going in one place & he got over too slowly to stop it. Again, I would question Fox's positioning for the 2nd free-kick goal. I'd actually say what's the point in having a wall for that free kick. It just blocks the keepers line of vision & gives the striker something to aim at.

The red card for Bannigan, was a little harsh in my book, but it was a stupid tackle to make. He needs to learn quick, it's happened too often, he gets a stupid yellow card just about every week.

I think Archibald wanted to show some loyalty to Balatoni, which is commendable on one hand, but I believe he made a mistake in not starting Frans with Seaborne. I'd expect that to be the partnership on Saturday. Fox has made some good saves recently but I still think Gallacher is the better goalkeeper at this point.

I had a go at Ecclestone yesterday, he actually did ok & had a little skill when on the ball. He was caught ball watching too often, however, being caught offside needlessly 5 times. Although he did ok, Doolan should have started & I'd expect Doolan to start again on Saturday.

Kilmarnock had a player sent off after 30mins at the weekend & managed to keep the score to 2-0, honestly thought it was going to end up 10-0 when it got to 6 with 20mins left. That wasn't good enough.

• Like 1

I'm over this already. 1-0 or 6-0, a loss is a loss.

Stop panicking about our form. There are teams with more problems than us. St Johnstone are on a big downward spiral. Motherwell flat as a pancake, never mind County and St Mirren. Hamilton will come back to us gradually.

We may not have a 20 goal striker but we do have goals in us. I've been to 4 games this season and we've scored 11 goals. In my first 4 games last season I saw 3.

• Like 1

We started ok, but you need to take half chances when they come. Craigen had a great chance from just outside the box at 0-0 but missed the target.

The foul that led to the 1st goal, I didn't think, was ever a foul. Positive that Osman got the ball & that it was a good tackle. It was a good free-kick, but Fox had to get over quicker, the free-kick was only going in one place & he got over too slowly to stop it. Again, I would question Fox's positioning for the 2nd free-kick goal. I'd actually say what's the point in having a wall for that free kick. It just blocks the keepers line of vision & gives the striker something to aim at.

The red card for Bannigan, was a little harsh in my book, but it was a stupid tackle to make. He needs to learn quick, it's happened too often, he gets a stupid yellow card just about every week.

I think Archibald wanted to show some loyalty to Balatoni, which is commendable on one hand, but I believe he made a mistake in not starting Frans with Seaborne. I'd expect that to be the partnership on Saturday. Fox has made some good saves recently but I still think Gallacher is the better goalkeeper at this point.

I had a go at Ecclestone yesterday, he actually did ok & had a little skill when on the ball. He was caught ball watching too often, however, being caught offside needlessly 5 times. Although he did ok, Doolan should have started & I'd expect Doolan to start again on Saturday.

Kilmarnock had a player sent off after 30mins at the weekend & managed to keep the score to 2-0, honestly thought it was going to end up 10-0 when it got to 6 with 20mins left. That wasn't good enough.

Respect to you 1JL for making a rational and constuctive post after what must have been a miserable experience. I found it difficult to listen to the radio reports tonight and am still traumatised thinking about the last time I saw Thistle at Parkhead back in the 70's - that was when we lost 7-0.

Despite the results being ok so far this season, we haven't been that great and I guess tonight was a paticularly bitter dose of reality. From the reports, there seems to have been a lack of spirit in the second half which is very disappointing...the players and management owe the fans something much better, starting from Saturday.